Watching the Texas/Texas A&M, anyone else ever hear about a 1 point safety

y2jrevolution

CAGiversary!
Feedback
6 (100%)
Texas was just awarded 1 point. I've been watching college football a long time and have never seen a 1 point score, other than the PAT of course

Texas was kicking an extra point. It got blocked or something. Anyway, the ball then bounced around in the endzone and an A&M guy fell on it. Of course he was then down, thus making it a safety. Pretty weird....

Heres what happened, Texas was attempting a PAT. The holder drops the ball and the kicker still kicks it off of the ground. It goes to about the 3 yard line, there is then a scramble for the ball, an A&M player picks it up, he fumbles it and the ball goes into the endzone when another A&M player fall onto it in the endzone. Therefore they ruled a 1 point fumble safety? The ball should be dead

[quote name='Admiral Ackbar']The score at cnnsi doesn't reflect any 1 poitn safety so I assume a zebra messed up and then it got ruled dead.[/quote]

I don't think they screwed up, I just saw the replay on ESPN and they called it a 1-point safety. No mention of the refs blowing the call or anything. Must just be one of those strange rules that only comes into play once every 35 years or so.

[quote name='Admiral Ackbar']The score at cnnsi doesn't reflect any 1 poitn safety so I assume a zebra messed up and then it got ruled dead.[/quote]
They prob just counted it on there stats as a PAT, which was not the case

You can have a 1 point safety in the NCAA if its on a PAT. Only in the NCAA though.

I don't watch college football, so I don't have to deal with these stupid rules and bullshit "rankings". Not to deride the quality of the play on the field, but the NCAA as a governing body sucks.

What's the score because this is how si.com has it...

"First Quarter

TEX Vince Young 3 Yard TD Run (Dusty Mangum Kick Failed) 2:34
Texas 6-0

TAMU DeQawn Mobley 33 Yard TD Pass from Reggie McNeal (Todd Pegram Kick Blocked) 0:45
6-6

Second Quarter
TAMU Jonte' Buhl 98 Yard Fumble Return for TD (Todd Pegram Extra Point) 0:09
Texas A&M 13-6

Third Quarter
TEX Cedric Griffin 9 yard Blocked Punt Return for TD (Dusty Mangum Extra Point) 13:36
13-13

TEX Dusty Mangum 44 Yard Field Goal 6:36
Texas 16-13

TEX Dusty Mangum 52 Yard Field Goal 1:26
Texas 19-13

Fourth Quarter
TEX Cedric Benson 1 Yard TD Run (Dusty Mangum Extra Point) 9:02
Texas 26-13"

Is their score wrong or are they just way delayed? No mention of a point anywhere there.

bread's done
Back