Watchmen Animated Comic on XBL!! 160 pts.

von551

CAGiversary!
anyone download this yet? i was amazed at the quality and attention to detail. it's like diving int the novel and walking around. the only thing that really bugged me was laurie's voice. it's a guy's voice! kind of a deal breaker. it this normal? Is it just a reading, or should i expect different characters to have different voices. kinda weird, but still really cool to watch!

You aren't kidding about Laurie's voice!

I gotta grab some of these eventually when I get points, Watchmen is one of my favorite stories ever.

It's not odd for a book on tape, which is what this basically is (played over some nice animating of the comic panels), to have one person doing all the voices. He really doesn't do even a decent female voice, though, but I got past that.

These are also available on iTunes. I had seen the first chapter on YouTube some time ago, but I guess now that they are charging for it, it has been removed.

And speaking of Watchmen, did you catch the new trailer? I just keep more and more excited about this film. Snyder really does appear to be the fanboy he says he is. He has crammed in a ton of the iconic shots and scenes from the source material.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']It's not odd for a book on tape, which is what this basically is (played over some nice animating of the comic panels), to have one person doing all the voices. He really doesn't do even a decent female voice, though, but I got past that.

These are also available on iTunes. I had seen the first chapter on YouTube some time ago, but I guess now that they are charging for it, it has been removed.

And speaking of Watchmen, did you catch the new trailer? I just keep more and more excited about this film. Snyder really does appear to be the fanboy he says he is. He has crammed in a ton of the iconic shots and scenes from the source material.[/quote]

what!? didn't know there was a new trailer. gonna have to peep it.

Yeah, the one voice actor thing is a turn off but I have dug what I've seen. It seems like all these adaptions are doing a great job of sticking to source.

That original trailer was like sex. Is there an actual new one? Where?

For someone new to the series, would it better for me start with the book or the animated comic?

So, I broke down and bought the three chapters that are available. Like I said, I had already seen the first one when it was free. Thought it was ok. As the action picks up, though, these obviously get better. The second chapter was quite good.

[quote name='jdeluis']For someone new to the series, would it better for me start with the book or the animated comic?[/QUOTE]

Buy the Book. You wont regret it.

[quote name='XXXplosive1']Buy the Book. You wont regret it.[/quote]

Thanks for the reply. I'll pick up the book. :D

Yeah, I'd never heard of the Watchmen until I saw the trailer ahead of Dark Knight in the theater. I picked up the graphic novel from Amazon for like $12 about 2 weeks ago. I'm almost done with part 5 and it's really starting to pull me in.

And for what it's worth, I'm not a comic book guy at all. Back in high school a friend of mine lent me an issue of Lobo that he thought I would like. Eight years later I gave it back to him, telling him I couldn't make it through more than like 4 pages.

MjC

[quote name='jdeluis']For someone new to the series, would it better for me start with the book or the animated comic?[/QUOTE]

Buy the book - and give it at least two reads before the movie comes out. You understand it more and pick up on things you missed the more you read it. Honestly, the first time I read it many years ago I was thinking "...that's it?" at the end. But I still read it once a year and I enjoy it quite a bit now.

[quote name='KaneRobot']Buy the book - and give it at least two reads before the movie comes out. You understand it more and pick up on things you missed the more you read it. Honestly, the first time I read it many years ago I was thinking "...that's it?" at the end. But I still read it once a year and I enjoy it quite a bit now.[/quote]

Cool. I'll make sure to do that.

How long are the "episodes"? Just chapters? I remember this happening with some other comics like Invincible awhile back and it was pretty cool.

Bleh, Invincible bugged me, mostly because I watched the making of first and the fact MTV was involved didn't help matters. I Still much rather have a full on Invincible animated series.

no way! I am so getting this... I'm the biggest Rorschach fan...

Halloween Costume:
MyRorschachcostume1.jpg
LBP Costume:
RoschachCostumeSack001.jpg

You may d/l this on iTunes if you are into that sort of thing.

Also, for anyone considering this series in general, READ THE NOVEL before you do anything else (movie, motion comics, etc.). This comic / graphic novel was a great experience to read, and everyone should READ it. Word on the street is that the movie's ending has been altered from the book's ending (which is fitting, because the ending for the book is kind of weird and hard to understand, but nonetheless AMAZING!).

[quote name='DarkNessBear']no way! I am so getting this... I'm the biggest Rorschach fan...

Halloween Costume:
MyRorschachcostume1.jpg
LBP Costume:
[/quote]

How did you do the mask of your costume? It is phenomenal. Nice sack boy too!

[quote name='DarkNessBear']no way! I am so getting this... I'm the biggest Rorschach fan...

Halloween Costume:
MyRorschachcostume1.jpg
LBP Costume:
[/quote]

Dude, awesome! I was thinking about going with that on Halloween, but I never, ever dress up and eventually decided not to bother.

[quote name='soccerstud652']Also, for anyone considering this series in general, READ THE NOVEL before you do anything else (movie, motion comics, etc.). This comic / graphic novel was a great experience to read, and everyone should READ it. Word on the street is that the movie's ending has been altered from the book's ending (which is fitting, because the ending for the book is kind of weird and hard to understand, but nonetheless AMAZING!).[/quote]

Oh my God, yes! Read Watchmen. It's fantastic. It's great to watch these after you read it.

And the ending has been altered? Really? I hope not...the ending is great.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']
Oh my God, yes! Read Watchmen. It's fantastic. It's great to watch these after you read it.

And the ending has been altered? Really? I hope not...the ending is great.[/QUOTE]

Yup. Big Spoilers in the tag below

No more alien. Looks like Veidt sets up Dr. Manhattan.

http://www.darkhorizons.com/news08/081107k.php

Reading this was an amazing experience. I'm looking forward to the directors cut already with the Black Freighter included!

All right, not a big fan of the ending being changed, but I don't have that big of a problem...

From what Snyder is saying, it does sound just like the squid is basically replaced with a Doc Manhattan set up, and everything else still flows the same. Still seems like the other characters will go along with keeping silent, and that Rorschach refuses and is killed.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']All right, not a big fan of the ending being changed, but I don't have that big of a problem...

From what Snyder is saying, it does sound just like the squid is basically replaced with a Doc Manhattan set up, and everything else still flows the same. Still seems like the other characters will go along with keeping silent, and that Rorschach refuses and is killed.
[/QUOTE]

But how are they going to explain the missing artists and the island? Or are they going to cut the artists completely? That may work because they are doing the comic book storyline separately, so there may be no need to mention the disappearance of the artists.

[quote name='soccerstud652']
But how are they going to explain the missing artists and the island? Or are they going to cut the artists completely? That may work because they are doing the comic book storyline separately, so there may be no need to mention the disappearance of the artists.
[/quote]

Yeah, they can't get rid of the island, the scientists, and the artists, because then that pretty much aborts the whole series of events. This all starts when Blake stumbles upon the island. If he doesn't find the island, Veidt doesn't have to kill him, and then we have an entirely different story.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']
Yeah, they can't get rid of the island, the scientists, and the artists, because then that pretty much aborts the whole series of events. This all starts when Blake stumbles upon the island. If he doesn't find the island, Veidt doesn't have to kill him, and then we have an entirely different story.
[/QUOTE]

Maybe Blake will just stumble upon Veidt's plan to frame Manhattan?

meh, I don't like the alien being cut.
if anything I think they should show how that thing (and it's psychic powers) terrify the world in greater detail.

That's a bit lame, if true. :whistle2:( But hey, at least they still opted to include
That's a plus for you fetishists, out there. Now you can fap it to more than just Irreversible.

Chapter/Episode 4 is up!

Also, check out the new trailer. No teaser this time. A whole bunch of new scenes and some dialogue!

What I don't like, though, is the group is now actually referred to as The Watchmen, and it would appear, from dialogue and the group picture, that maybe they actually worked together as a team.

I think another episode or two have been posted. Haven't checked in awhile. Also, an international trailer is now up around the 'net. Mostly scenes we have scene already, but there is some new stuff in there, as well, including...

A dead Dollar Bill and a young Walter Kovacs.

bread's done
Back