Watchmen: End is Nigh Complete Experience (Both DLC and Blu-Ray) - $19.99 @ Amazon

I liked the movie, but i definitely heard about many people who didn't. In general it seems that those who had read the graphic novel ahead of time and knew the story liked it more because of the film's fidelity and because they weren't confused by all the jumping around. Those who didn't know what to expect were more likely to leave with mixed emotions.

It was a flawed movie at times, but the opening scene and Dr. Manhattan origin montage alone are worth getting the movie for IMO. Glad I waited on this.

[quote name='nikkai']welcome to CAG[/QUOTE]

:applause:

[quote name='goengland']Anybody knows if it is possible to add this into an existing order(with 10% ECA code already applied)?[/QUOTE]

A lot of people have been pretty successful. Contact CS and see what they say.

I paid about $25 for this and I'd say I'm pretty happy with my purchase. Just be warned that the games are extremely repetitive - but really the blu-ray version of the film still runs at least $20, so you'd be getting the games for free in this case. The game have trophies on the PS3 version, if that's a selling point for you. Plus, there's also a bonus timeline and poster inside the packaging. The packaging in general is pretty cool. It's a slipcase/digipack with some nice artwork.

Also protip: There's some bonus featurettes on the game disc if you arrow over to the Movie section of the XMB. Not sure if these were part of the original blu-ray movie package, or just extras they threw on the physical game blu-ray disc, but they're easy to miss if you don't check the Movie section.

love the haters in this thread.... heard the movie is horrible (then why would you be reading a thread on a game tie-in). I thought the movie was great, would definately get this if I didn't just buy the blu-ray used.

[quote name='urge26']love the haters in this thread.... heard the movie is horrible (then why would you be reading a thread on a game tie-in). I thought the movie was great, would definately get this if I didn't just buy the blu-ray used.[/QUOTE]

It's probably one of those things where you have to be an elitist dbag that only likes things that follow the source material, frame by frame. I personally never read the graphic novel and thought the movie was fantastic. Though a bit on the long side, it stayed eventful and action-packed throughout. Definitely something that's worth at least a few viewings.

i just read about whats included in the ultimate edition. and nothing really new interests me. plus the digital copy included is SD. so not too big of a selling point. will be picking this up when i get off work

[quote name='ssjmichael']You guys should really read the original graphic novel, it's really great.[/QUOTE]

Seconded. A great work of modern fiction. Time listed it as one of the top 100 novels of the 20th century. This is a great deal, but this is an even better deal.

[quote name='mis0']Last movie I watched was pretty bad. Paranormal Activity was horrible. Anyone going to bitch and moan about that too? Jeez.[/QUOTE]

I couldn't agree more. One of the most over-hyped movies I've ever watched. Sadly, the "Blair Witch Project" was a much better movie when it came out, and if you hated that, you'll hate this too.

[quote name='morphineseason']It's probably one of those things where you have to be an elitist dbag that only likes things that follow the source material, frame by frame. [/QUOTE]
Actually, this movie comes about as close as any film could to following the graphic novel frame-by-frame. Except the ending, of course.

And having played the demo of the first part of the game, I think "free" is a pretty fair price for the game. :D

(I'm definitely an elitist d-bag, by the way!)

Wow, I became another "victim" of the "put in cart, then Amazon considers you having bought it" plague. I put this in my cart, decided to wait until I had something else appealing, then got an email saying I bought it.

Got an automatic $10 off from Dragon Age Origins credit, so I got it for $10. I guess I'm happy, even if I feel a tad violated. ;)

[quote name='mis0']You're in the minority as I heard the movie was horrible.

Nonetheless, $20 for two games and a movie is a go for me. Will wait for my credit from the Amazon promotion to come through first though.[/QUOTE]
Oh I heard it brings the dead back to life and gives you the winning lottery numbers for the whole year. Again, I heard it, so it's TRUE.

On the other hand, the game is horrible; although if you're a trophy whore you might be in luck as they're pretty easy trophies, boring but easy(mainly because of the uber suckage of the game).

The film, well, Watchmen is my favorite comic, and no film will ever capture it's greatness for me. Although, I can see an average movie goer saying "Whoa cool!" but ultimately having a hard time understanding what's going on in this 3 hour orchestra of violence and blue penis.

I ordered this yesterday at 3:30pm and got it this morning at 9am. Amazon shipped it from there warehouse about 30 minutes away from my house to a destination about 3 hours away then all the way back lol.

bread's done
Back