Watchmen Ultimate Cut $48/$43 @ WBShop [Price Up to $65]

phantomfriar2002

CAGiversary!
Feedback
15 (100%)
One of the harder releases to find in the BD format is back, $47.95 at WBShop:

http://www.wbshop.com/product/watch...ray+1000095490.do?sortby=ourPicks&from=Search

If you're an Insider, you can get 10% off (making it $43.XX). Free ship over $50. Tax is applied in some states.

Given the rarity of this release (sealed copies recently have sold for $125-$200), I would jump on this asap. Thanks to the poster in the Blu-Ray . com forums for pointing it out.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='SKEETER']I don't know why my previous post asking this was removed so I'll ask again. Of the people who received theirs, who got digibooks and who got Amaray cases?[/QUOTE]

wrong thread....

I chose 2 day air so I'll know Wednesday but the item number in the shipping confirmation and order confirmation are both for the blu-ray version.

I'll wait a bit longer. This is either a reprint or old stock, either way, more copies are now on the market. Prices are already falling.. down to $120 new/$100 used on Amazon. It'll be super cheap in no time.

[quote name='Scorch']I'll wait a bit longer. This is either a reprint or old stock, either way, more copies are now on the market. Prices are already falling.. down to $120 new/$100 used on Amazon.[/QUOTE]

I don't think it's a reprint; otherwise they would have sold more then the 15minutes worth on the WBsite.

I'm still seeing ~ $150 on eBay and for less then a $50 investment per it's not a bad turnaround.

My first order arrived today and it is definitely the correct item. I'm not familar with this particular blu-ray so I have no idea if it is a reprint (doubtful) but it looks exactly like the pictures on the website and eBay.

The second order I placed was standard shipping (the one that arrived I paid for 2 day air) and I haven't gotten a shipping confirmation on that yet.

[quote name='GBAstar']My first order arrived today and it is definitely the correct item. I'm not familar with this particular blu-ray so I have no idea if it is a reprint (doubtful) but it looks exactly like the pictures on the website and eBay.

The second order I placed was standard shipping (the one that arrived I paid for 2 day air) and I haven't gotten a shipping confirmation on that yet.[/QUOTE]

Now the question is whether the naysayers will eat crow or double down with pics or it didn't happen.

[quote name='RedvsBlue']Now the question is whether the naysayers will eat crow or double down with pics or it didn't happen.[/QUOTE]

Naysayers -- in this thread? Seriously?!? ;)

"None of these will ship out."

"The fact that they completely removed it from their site leans towards it being a complete error."

"I'll wait until people start getting shipping notification emails before they start getting excited."

"It's likely no one's getting these"

"Officially DEAD! Or maybe it started out DEAD to begin with."

My order says "CANCELLED No tracking information available." Thats a shame, especially since they called me. Good luck to others.

[quote name='Arakias']My order says "CANCELLED No tracking information available." Thats a shame, especially since they called me. Good luck to others.[/QUOTE]

I can't check the status of mine. I checked out as a guest and I never received an email or an order number. Pretty sure there's a 0% chance for me.

Great, mine says Cancelled too. Guess they oversold whatever little stock they had. What sucks is that some people who ordered multiples (likely to flip) are getting theirs, yet people like me who decided to let everyone get a chance got their order cancelled. I don't feel that bad as I wasn't even expecting this to ship at all, but it would be nice to see the Ultimate cut on Blu. I'll pick up the DVD one of these days

I got cancelled too. Whats funny is every order I have made with Warner Bros has been cancelled. Every order was watchmen too.

P8009xxx
March 26, 2012
CANCELLED
No tracking information available.
spacer01.gif
P8009xxx
March 26, 2012
CANCELLED
spacer01.gif
7450xxx
December 13, 2010
CANCELLED
spacer01.gif
7341xxx
October 3, 2010
CANCELLED
spacer01.gif

Like mike said above. Why not limit it to one per person instead of only a few flippers. I told that lady on the phone there was no way in hell they would fulfill this... i guess i showed her!

[quote name='ssjmichael']Great, mine says Cancelled too. Guess they oversold whatever little stock they had. What sucks is that some people who ordered multiples (likely to flip) are getting theirs, yet people like me who decided to let everyone get a chance got their order cancelled. I don't feel that bad as I wasn't even expecting this to ship at all, but it would be nice to see the Ultimate cut on Blu. I'll pick up the DVD one of these days[/QUOTE]

How many copies could someone buy? Im sure the guy who ordered 10 copies shipped, but those of us who ordered one didn't. Argh.

[quote name='ssjmichael']keep dreaming[/QUOTE]

When I made that post five days ago, it was $120 new/$100 used. Now it's $90/$88. I think it'll keep falling..

[quote name='Scorch']When I made that post five days ago, it was $120 new/$100 used. Now it's $90/$88. I think it'll keep falling..[/QUOTE]

Yeah it goes back to resellers being idiots. Many people are happy buying something for $50 and reselling it for $80 even when if they were patient they could get much more. Once the dozen or so copies sell on eBay, listed by idiots who are just undercutting themselves, the price will go back up and stablize over $100.

Unless you can provide proof that more of these are being printed I don't see any scenario where new copies are being resold for anywhere near your earlier claim.

The guy selling it for $90 on Amazon mktplace hasn't sold a single copy in the past few days due to his crap rating. He'll probably need to cut more to dump the 8 he bought. This blu-ray has no sales volume, as exhibited by its "#59,339 in Movies & TV" ranking, which happens to include Amazon Marketplace sales. There are times where you can have the lowest price on the resale markets for months and nobody will buy it.

People who flip shit on Amazon mktplace are also not the kind of people that can sit on hundreds of dollars of inventory for months without feeling the pain of CC interest.

[quote name='Stele']The guy selling it for $90 on Amazon mktplace hasn't sold a single copy in the past few days due to his crap rating. He'll probably need to cut more to dump the 8 he bought. This blu-ray has no sales volume, as exhibited by its "#59,339 in Movies & TV" ranking, which happens to include Amazon Marketplace sales. There are times where you can have the lowest price on the resale markets for months and nobody will buy it.

People who flip shit on Amazon mktplace are also not the kind of people that can sit on hundreds of dollars of inventory for months without feeling the pain of CC interest.[/QUOTE]

Amazon marketplace doesn't get near the traffic that eBay does. It was foolish for that person to buy 8 units if he was only going to list them on Amazon in the first place.

You need to know your market and understand that something like this will sell much much much better if advertised to a global market on a venue like eBay.

[quote name='GBAstar']Amazon marketplace doesn't get near the traffic that eBay does. It was foolish for that person to buy 8 units if he was only going to list them on Amazon in the first place.

You need to know your market and understand that something like this will sell much much much better if advertised to a global market on a venue like eBay.[/QUOTE]
Items that actually have real demand sell a lot better on Amazon than ebay. You have an item that is constantly being searched for by people that were just going to buy it straight from Amazon, but then they see the lower third-party prices, and they opt for the lower amount. I would agree something like Watchmen Ultimate Cut, since nobody really cares outside of a miniscule population of comic book nerds, probably does sell better on Ebay, but looking at volume in the last month and a half, only 5 were sold. That's counting some sold due to the WBShop copies creating the mini-price collapse. The lesson here is you have to understand product demand. I could see like 12-20 copies of this being sold a year back when average prices were $150. So what do you do if you have 8 on hand? You cut or maybe you make a nice foot stool out of your unsold copies.

Also, whether ebay is more global or not doesn't really make a difference. Selling internationally on ebay is a hazard probably 80% of the times.

[quote name='Stele']Items that actually have real demand sell a lot better on Amazon than ebay. You have an item that is constantly being searched for by people that were just going to buy it straight from Amazon, but then they see the lower third-party prices, and they opt for the lower amount. I would agree something like Watchmen Ultimate Cut, since nobody really cares outside of a miniscule population of comic book nerds, probably does sell better on Ebay, but looking at volume in the last month and a half, only 5 were sold. That's counting some sold due to the WBShop copies creating the mini-price collapse. The lesson here is you have to understand product demand. I could see like 12-20 copies of this being sold a year back when average prices were $150. So what do you do if you have 8 on hand? You cut or maybe you make a nice foot stool out of your unsold copies.

Also, whether ebay is more global or not doesn't really make a difference. Selling internationally on ebay is a hazard probably 80% of the times.[/QUOTE]

Selling internationally on ebay is a hazard probably 80% of the times.

Not true at all. Be smart. You can get much more for an item selling it internationally then you can domestically. Insure through a 3rd party. End of story.

And do you know how to search for completed listings? I'm seeing more then 10 sold just this month on eBay and most if not all above the price point you're seeing on AZ.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fro...ct=&LH_SALE_CURRENCY=0&_sop=12&_dmd=1&_ipg=50

Your query included used items. I like your "be smart" comment. If re-sellers were smart, they would have done well in school and gone into private equity or something. People like you are not scraping off nickels and dimes because you love the business.

bread's done
Back