WaveBird....Good or Bad Purchase?

AvidWriter

CAGiversary!
Feedback
19 (100%)
I'm thinking about getting a WaveBird and I'm not sure, so if you own one can you give me your Pro's and Cons? :D From I have heard there is no rumble, which isn’t a problem except if the game "requires" it like Eternal Darkness, you can miss things without it. Also it uses batteries, is there a rechargeable version? Thanks in advance.

If you're a stickler for the rumble feature thats the only con. Otherwise I dont even use the regular controller anymore! I plugged in the receiver to the first port a year and a half ago and havent removed it SINCE.

The wavebird is the best wireless controller I have ever used. I haven't used the logitech controllers yet because they seem pricey. It functions identically to the wired controllers, but are a bit heavier. The response is instant, and the battery life is fantastic. The rumble feature is missed, but more than compensated by the quality of the controller.

I unreservedly recommend the WaveBird. I've got three and a battery recharger so I never have to worry about buying batteries. After using the WaveBirds I want all of my controllers for all my consoles to be wireless!

Shit now that you mention it, i haven't changed my batteries either, and i've had mine since Xmas 2k2. Yeah, the wavebird is possibly the best controller ever made. Flawless control, I'm talking absolutely no differences between that and a wired controller (minus the rumble).

^ What they said. Its great.

A few times, at a friends house, I yanked the wavebird upwards in a game and gasped expecting the GC to fall without realizing it was wireless.

In other words, its flawless.

Theres nothing like laying in bed playing games without having to worry about the wire. The best part is you dont have to worry about an idiot walking buy will your playing, tripping on the wire and seeing your gamecube helplessly tumble to the floor. The gamecube is very durable though..

Everything they said is true. I was skeptical, having not owned a wireless controller since the days of NES. However it's wonderful. Like was mentioned earlier it is a bit heavier, but the placement of the batteries gives it a perfect balance.

pro: no rumble

con: no wire., batteries are for losers

oh, one more con. it costs more than regular controllers

[quote name='joey12169']can you use more than one wavebird at a time?[/quote]

You can use up to 16 in one room without interference. When you setup your wavebird, you have to choose the channel you operate on.

[quote name='DenisDFat']pro: no rumble

con: no wire., batteries are for losers

oh, one more con. it costs more than regular controllers[/quote]

Clearly an opinion that should not be taken seriously. :roll:

As for cost, you can get them cheap if you watch the sales. I got my second WB at target on sale for 19.99 so keep an eye on them. Also, Gamestop.com has sales on accessories quite frequently so check them out too. 15% to 20% sometimes.

also great for setups where beer might easily be spilled, space is tight or animals can chew controllers- you can place your system anywhere withot having to worry about constantly moving it back and forth, passing controllers around is easy without tangling wires and even in areas with heavy wave distortion, you can switch the frequencies easily if needed

a roommate had the silly habit of leaving the controller turned on which eventually ate the battery life, i got rechargeables so battery lfe is no longer an issue

the only complaint would be a range of colors would be nice, and the control unit should match that color instead of being grey (it is for the plat/silver wavebird)

note- when i was younger, this would have been a great help for whenever my parents complained the system was out, or someone was vacuuming or otherwise getting in the way of the tv, you could just walk around, or leave the system somewhere where it wouldnt draw attention away from your gaming

Well I agree with the majority, the wavebird is well worth the purchase. I was skeptical before I bought it. I heard so much praise, but its just a wireless controller, is it really that good? Yep. I never realized how annoying cords could be and wireless gives you so much freedom. I don't really miss rumbling at all.

I agree with everyone here. There's no reason not to have a WaveBird. I kinda miss the rumble, but it's no big deal. I also use rechargeable batteries, which never need recharging! lol

I got one with my GC, it was a bundle at CC. I loved it so much I immediately went out and bought a second one.

Yeah there great and like everyone else is sayin the only downside is no rumble and batteries.Ive changed them once already cause ive played Mario Kart for ours.

I agree with almost everyone here, the wavebird is the bomb, nothing like being able to fix yourself a samich while getting getting from point a to point b in windwaker

Has anyone said anything bad about this thing yet? Hah! I agree, it's the best. I owned four regular controllers, but played with my friend's wavebird, and ended up getting two wavebirds.

I had 4 regular 1st party controllers. I replaced them all with 4 wavebirds and gave the original controllers away. I still don't regret it.

The Wavebird is the best controller to date. I have one gray and one platinum and love them both. No problems ever. And the range is more than the 20 feet Nintendo says. Try walking accross your house. I got a good 40 feet away and my friends in the other room said the cursor was still moving on the menu. Amazing!

I love my Wavebird. Most of the time I totally forget that the corded controllers rumble, and I don't miss it at all. I'd rather have wireless freedom over rumble.

I had my doubts about it, due to my wife complaining about how awful some of the Mario Party mini-games are when they're rumble-less.

And its true, some are complete pains in the ass sans rumble.

However, being to skulk around your house carrying your controller and not knocking over the fake fruit on the small table on the left is a great feeling.

I'm still forced to play with a regular controller unless company comes over (We've only got three regular controllers and my wavebird).

1st Party wireless controllers are the wave (pun very intended) of the future.

Wave Bird is great. You lose the rumble, but it isn't missed. Once you go cordless it will be hard to go back. I am having trouble playing FFCC because the cable to my GBASP is bugging me. Now I need a wireless GBA/GCN connector.

This is an absolutely great controller. I stopped caring about rumble as soon as i got it. Going back to corded controllers feels like attaching a cable to your remote control. The wavebird is great.

I got one for $20 from Mave of CKYShows.com. Great purchase, especially if your cube is sitting on your chest of drawers like mine is. My friend said he'd sell me one for $16. I may take him up on that offer.

wavebird is the best controller period
i cant go back to those primitive wire controllers
too bad they dont have a wireless gba-gc cbale

As for cost, you can get them cheap if you watch the sales. I got my second WB at target on sale for 19.99 so keep an eye on them. Also, Gamestop.com has sales on accessories quite frequently so check them out too. 15% to 20% sometimes.[/quote]

I got mine for 50% off used at Game stop so I spent like $13-$14

Great controller having small children no wires is nice its not like the crappy controllers of yesteryear.

[quote name='Alpha2']Like I said i got mine a yeah and a half ago, I havent changed my batteries yet![/quote]

you must not play your cube often, i killed mine in 3 months on Wind Waker, Sunshine, and Smash Bros.

The Wavebird is the best investment i've made on the Cube by far. but only if they released the platinum 1 first, so i could of matched my Cube

The Wavebird is amazing. It makes me think about buying every cross-platform game for the GC, just so I can have the freedom.

I wish I had a great wireless controller for the PS2 . . .

[quote name='rimsforsale'][quote name='Alpha2']Like I said i got mine a yeah and a half ago, I havent changed my batteries yet![/quote]

you must not play your cube often... [/quote]

Well I have a life an stuff.... :lol:

No just kidding, I dont. But I do have a PC and a Playstation2 to devide my time by. I'm sure I'll probably jump into a game of Burnout 2 inthe next month only to loose control and have the biggest highest value crash ever and not have it by on purpose...

well like the guy who pumps my gas at Amoco says....

Guud, Veddy Veddy Guud.

love my wavebird. they NEED to make a jet color one.

bread's done
Back