Wavebird shell for the remote?

ValkyrieVF-1S

CAGiversary!
Feedback
12 (100%)
Did nintendo display the wavebird shell at this years E3? I remember seeing pics of it last year, but I didn't hear anything about it this year.

Does that mean nintendo is not going to release it, because I was hoping that they would bundle it with the wii for more traditional games.

I don' think Nintendo ever officially showed the wavebird shell, either this year or last. IGN had a really well put together mock-up that many people thought was real, though.

It wasn't offical? NNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

okay, thanks for clearing this up for me... I guess (you actually broke my heart).

Edit: I guess the retro controller is suppose to act like the gc controller. I was hoping for something like ign's design.

[quote name='ValkyrieVF-1S']It wasn't offical? NNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

okay, thanks for clearing this up for me... I guess (you actually broke my heart).

Edit: I guess the retro controller is suppose to act like the gc controller. I was hoping for something like ign's design.[/quote]

I think the retro controller is gonna take the place of that shell. But the good news is that the Wii accepts gamecube controllers, so we can still use our wavebirds to control traditional style games.

2 things to make you stop worrying=

1. They can make more shells later on. The had a Shotgun-esque shell on show at E3.

2. Smash Bros. Brawl will have the GC controller as its main input device.

Why make a shell? Since the standard controller will work with Smash Bros. I'm sure it will work with other games (Here's to hoping they build in the radio so I don't have to use the bigass receivers on the side of the Wii...).

[quote name='SpazX']Why make a shell? Since the standard controller will work with Smash Bros. I'm sure it will work with other games (Here's to hoping they build in the radio so I don't have to use the bigass receivers on the side of the Wii...).[/QUOTE]
yeah, that'll be interesting to see how / if wavebirds work in the Wii. You need some way to adjust the frequency for the receiver though... maybe it'll be built into the OS?

You will have to stick the big ass reciever on the side of the Wii. That's how the Wavebirds will work.

[quote name='SpottedNigel']2 things to make you stop worrying=

1. They can make more shells later on. The had a Shotgun-esque shell on show at E3.

2. Smash Bros. Brawl will have the GC controller as its main input device.[/QUOTE]

Actually, the VC controller was stated as the main controler for use with SSBB... I still prefer the VC controller over the GC one.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']Actually, the VC controller was stated as the main controler for use with SSBB... I still prefer the VC controller over the GC one.[/QUOTE]
I think for things primarily using the Analog stick(s) the GC controller wins. The VC suffers from Dual Shock Syndrome, with the sticks being placed in an awkward position. But, most of the VC's stuff will be Dpad anyway, and for that the VC pad beats the GC controller without a doubt.

And I thought SSBB was listed as using the Wiimote turned horiztonal ala-NES for its main input, no?

[quote name='daroga']I think for things primarily using the Analog stick(s) the GC controller wins. The VC suffers from Dual Shock Syndrome, with the sticks being placed in an awkward position. But, most of the VC's stuff will be Dpad anyway, and for that the VC pad beats the GC controller without a doubt.

And I thought SSBB was listed as using the Wiimote turned horiztonal ala-NES for its main input, no?[/quote]

All the stuff I have read about Brawl says that the GC controller or retro controller will be what it uses. I don't think it will even have an option to use the Wiimote.

Also, the left analog stick on the retro controller can be used for all VC games if you want, although the d-pad works as well (obviously).

bread's done
Back