Way of the Samurai 3(PS3) 19.99 + FS

That packaging on the Newegg page is the same as the one I have.

I loved WotS3 but I think $20 is probably a bit much for it now. That said, the 360 and PS3 versions had different publishers (Something that has annoyed me to no end.) so their prices have been all over the place.

I don't think WOTS 4 will get over here to the states :(.... This is due to poor sales. Also the PS3 ver wins because you get free DLC while 360 players have to pay for the lame DLC!

Also what do you mean by a new packaging? Does the shrink wrapping look funny or something?

Xbox 360 users had to pay but the DLC didn't even work. I spent many hours on Xbox support pointing out that very issue and that stuff all got pulled after, maybe when the issue got escalated or maybe when other people called in about the rest. The publishers did not respond to any emails I sent about it either so whatever.

WotS3 was localized well after the Japanese release but... yeah. I think it's silly at this point to hold out hope for WotS4. What a shame.

[quote name='CaoPi']Also what do you mean by a new packaging? Does the shrink wrapping look funny or something?[/QUOTE]

I was referring to the label of PS3 at the top instead of the PLAYSTATION 3 down the side as shown here:

61LBBm%2BjdaL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

I guess I'm mistaken though thinking this was a reprint? Ah well, still a decent game!

[quote name='Strider Turbulence']This game is awful, and I'm a huge fan of the first 2 games.[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately, I agree.

That picture newegg has is wrong, anyways WOTS 3 actually wasn't announced after 5 months upon being released! There maybe still some hope...Also this sold poor in Japan as well. The other SAMURAI game I wanted to play was Yakuza kenzan which never got ported over to US.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/ps3/929914-way-of-the-samurai-3/images

I don't have any interest in importing them since I have no clue about japanese language.

I doubt agetec would go about reprinting there titles.

[quote name='CaoPi']That picture newegg has is wrong, anyways WOTS 3 actually wasn't announced after 5 months upon being released! There maybe still some hope...Also this sold poor in Japan as well. The other SAMURAI game I wanted to play was Yakuza kenzan which never got ported over to US.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/ps3/929914-way-of-the-samurai-3/images

I don't have any interest in importing them since I have no clue about japanese language.

I doubt agetec would go about reprinting there titles.[/QUOTE]
Thanks for clearing up the reprint issue, I got confused seeing different box arts. Thanks.

I played the Xbox version a bit. It's a game with massive potential that really needed a more competent western developer to pull it together.

[quote name='mitnosi']I was referring to the label of PS3 at the top instead of the PLAYSTATION 3 down the side as shown here:

61LBBm%2BjdaL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

[/QUOTE]
They removed the words Playstation 3 that you see in that picture above a while ago and replace it with ONLY the newer PS3 logo on the spine of the game's case and along the top of the front part of the coverart as we see in the NewEgg picture.

FYI: My copy of WOTS3 that I picked up a while ago from Amazon is with the newer coverart like on NewEgg.

[quote name='DrUnkAgAIn']I played the Xbox version a bit. It's a game with massive potential that really needed a more competent western developer to pull it together.[/QUOTE]

the game failed at marketing, there was no advertisment at all....Also WOTS 2 was ported to capcom because they couldn't find a developer. Now if WOTS 4 comes to the states I can see them finding a new developer as well

[quote name='Strider Turbulence']This game is awful, and I'm a huge fan of the first 2 games.[/QUOTE]

Forgive me, but I don't understand how this thought process works. It feels almost exactly like the first two, only slightly less esoteric in all the stupid checkboxes you have to tick to get the best ending.

[quote name='CaoPi']the game failed at marketing, there was no advertisment at all....Also WOTS 2 was ported to capcom because they couldn't find a developer. Now if WOTS 4 comes to the states I can see them finding a new developer as well[/QUOTE]
Why not Atlus, they might be down for publishing it, hmmm.

Not trying to get burned by by saying it. I understand the gameplay is completely different and both titles aren't the same. But was about to jump on this, then after reading decided to throw in an extra 10 bucks and Get Yakuza 3 and 4 from Newegg. I however haven't played the first 2, but heard it was the closest thing you could get to Shenmue so I had to jump on it.

[quote name='headbanger1186']Not trying to get burned by by saying it. I understand the gameplay is completely different and both titles aren't the same. But was about to jump on this, then after reading decided to throw in an extra 10 bucks and Get Yakuza 3 and 4 from Newegg. I however haven't played the first 2, but heard it was the closest thing you could get to Shenmue so I had to jump on it.[/QUOTE]
Yakuza is a great series so you made a good purchase :)

[quote name='mitnosi']Yakuza is a great series so you made a good purchase :)[/QUOTE]

I really loved the Shenmue series and I can understand they have their differences it just looked like Sega was picking up with a new series with a little of that formula. I was reading things about how it was like a Japanese Gta which I didn't really take that from the reviews and videos I watched and then I heard exp and random battles and that made me pretty excited. Now It looks like they are doing something completely different with dead souls. Hahah

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']They removed the words Playstation 3 that you see in that picture above a while ago and replace it with ONLY the newer PS3 logo on the spine of the game's case and along the top of the front part of the coverart as we see in the NewEgg picture.

FYI: My copy of WOTS3 that I picked up a while ago from Amazon is with the newer coverart like on NewEgg.[/QUOTE]

that's strange the PS3 logo was on top left going horizontally when I picked mine up launch date from local Fry's

Never played the first 2 Way of the Samurai games. Should I start with this 3rd game so that I'll be impressed by the other 2 games?

This isn't a new price. It went out of a stock eariler this month, but it has been 20 bucks for a while.

You should buy it though.

[quote name='anotherpoorgamer']Never played the first 2 Way of the Samurai games. Should I start with this 3rd game so that I'll be impressed by the other 2 games?[/QUOTE]

No, just buy the second game and call it a day.

bread's done
Back