We won! Harmonix's Patch to Allow GH3 Guitars in Rock Band Finally Coming Out 9/11!!!

I think I only require one more guitar purchase to complete my set, which will probably be the RB2 guitar for the sweet design and the auto-calibration camera in it that should make that whole process easy as hell.

[quote name='mykevermin']Well, that's good news.

About fucking time. Glad Sony's balls finally dropped.[/QUOTE]
I doubt Sony did anything ballsy. MTV and Activision obviously came to an "agreement"
$$$$
recently, since RB2 and GH4 instruments are so compatible.

[quote name='pete5883']I doubt Sony did anything ballsy. MTV and Activision obviously came to an "agreement"
$$$$
recently, since RB2 and GH4 instruments are so compatible.[/quote]
I kind of doubt that Harmonix decided to finally cave after nine months of having the patch blocked, especially after Sony said that they'd be working on getting compatibility going between Rock Band and GH3/Aerosmith:

We’re still working hard to ensure compatibility between the Guitar Hero and Rock Band titles currently on the market, and we hope to have an announcement on that shortly.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2008/08/18/ps3-music-peripheral-compatibility-update/

[quote name='Trakan']You guys had to play with the Strat for the past like year?

Man, I kinda feel bad.[/QUOTE]Shockingly, I got use to the Strat and I'm probably better with it (compared to the GH3 controllers). The only problem I have with the Strat is build quality.

nuts if only I had faith this would finally be released. I would've picked up a PS3 Les Paul for cheap from amazon several times. =( ah well I already got a Nyko Guitar I like.

When you try to export songs, it gives a message saying you need to purchase the export key from the PS Store. Is it me, or is that export key not available yet?

I preordered RB2, so I thought I'd just export everything and get ready for it.

the GH3 guitar works perfectly now, which is great, but I think it's gonna be strictly used for bass duty for me. I just can't shift around on the gh3 guitar as well.

I tried it out. The GH3 controller works perfectly with Rock Band.

Doesn't work the other way around though - can't use the Rock Band Guitar with GH3. If Sony is truly mandating that there needs to be a common controller functionality between these games, then hopefully some sort of patch will be coming out for GH3 to allow us to use the Rock Band guitar on that game too.

Anybody heard anything with respect to using Rock Band Guitars on either GH3 or GH Aerosmith?

The RB guitars are supposed to work with GH Aerosmith, as of the latest patch for that game, though the demo doesn't offer that same support. I'm not sure Activision's so willing to go back and patch GH3 on their own, so I'm not sure if there's something Sony could do itself with the drivers for both games' dongles that would allow to happen natively on the PS3. Or maybe that last sentence is really gibberish, I'm not sure.

Played a few RB songs with my GH3 guitar... made me realize I'm so much more of a drum guy than a guitar guy. But that's cool, my fiance can jam on guitar while I bang the drums on RB

I think I heard this was true prior to E3... Rockband 2 and Guitar Hero World Tour instruments are compatible right? What about Rockband 1 instruments to Rockband 2 and GH:WT?

So the GH3 guitars now work on Rockband. Does the PS3 Aerosmith Guitar work on Rockband too? I would imagine it does but does anyone know for sure?

[quote name='Purkeynator']So the GH3 guitars now work on Rockband. Does the PS3 Aerosmith Guitar work on Rockband too? I would imagine it does but does anyone know for sure?[/quote]

Yes, its the exact same guitar as the one that came with GH3, only with a different faceplate.

even the React one for Gh3 i picked up today from GS worked with rockband .
theres no solo buton on this or the les paul so i guess noSolos in RB

bread's done
Back