WebRidestv.com: Free Ps3/Wii/360/iphone/amazon gift cards+many more

[quote name='BillyBest1']this site is awesome when u get there type in funny it has some really funny vids[/QUOTE]

People actually watch the videos? I have them all flash blocked lol. I also thought it was funny when people on their forums talked about some ads on the site, I never saw them either:D

Nope not yet. All the other games I ordered took a good two months so Im not expecting it any time soon. Unless their "new staff" thats responsible for the schwag is a little quicker on the go.

I dont have enough points for anything again, but has there even been a restock since then? Seems this thread has been fairly dead since.

Has anyone earned more than the allowed points for the day? I feel like i'm racking up more than allowed and this is my second day doing it...

[quote name='sangredekrazy']Has anyone earned more than the allowed points for the day? I feel like i'm racking up more than allowed and this is my second day doing it...[/QUOTE]

I keep forgetting to check, but one of my accounts I seem to be getting LESS points then allowed for the day:|

[quote name='musha666']I keep forgetting to check, but one of my accounts I seem to be getting LESS points then allowed for the day:|[/quote]

Same here. I don't remember by how much, but I've been watching my total end at 55, then 37, then 21, and now it's at 15. It's friggin' ridiculous.

I mean, I know it's 'Rance's site' and all that, but if he really doesn't want the Swagmart around, he should have the stones to just say so, take it down, and face the consequences of said action. He really wants to have his cake and eat it too, at our expense.

[quote name='DaftPunkFan37']it's now a crappy site? ;)[/QUOTE]

;) Well now its a crappy site with no schwag. Although there is still a lot in stock (PS3s, XBox 360s, GPS', iPhones...). Most of it is stuff you cant afford or just wouldnt want but still..

[quote name='musha666'];) Well now its a crappy site with no schwag. Although there is still a lot in stock (PS3s, XBox 360s, GPS', iPhones...). Most of it is stuff you cant afford or just wouldnt want but still..[/quote]
It's been like that for like, ever..

They just added more NASCAR 09s a couple days ago I guess. I didnt see it but I guess some people got some. So thats a good sign that they havent killed it off completely yet. Id like to use up the rest of my credits before they do.

I hope that if there is a restock they replace some of the games they have with newer ones. Ive already got about 2 of each for the 360:)

Lucky bastard. I went for Burnout Paradise for the PS3 once, but chickened out because I didn't want to get stuck with a game I couldn't play and couldn't flip.

Yea, well by the time I get any game the value has dropped tremendously. GTA IVs I ended up selling each for just $35. I think I ended up with like $30 for Burnout for the 360.

As anyone even seen a restock lately? I was going for some nicer prizes, but due to their crappy restock methods, I'm shooting for Mario Kart. I haven't seen anyone post about any recent ones lately.

[quote name='WarriorBlake']As anyone even seen a restock lately? I was going for some nicer prizes, but due to their crappy restock methods, I'm shooting for Mario Kart. I haven't seen anyone post about any recent ones lately.[/QUOTE]

I dont think theyve restocked in a while. Im sure that Race guy site owner still claims stuff is added daily but sells out before ANYONE sees it *cough* Bullshit *cough* but no real people have seen a restock that I am aware of. I think the last was adding shirts and belt buckles (thats the reason I signed up, for a belt buckle Yeeeeeeeee haw!)

Hopefully by the time I get enough for two more games they will restock. And then I will be done for good.

[quote name='matth00lt']I'm still waiting for my amazon gift card that I ordered in June.[/QUOTE]

Yea that stuff is crap. They will just email you the code too. So why it takes any longer then a week to go to Amazon.com and buy the gift card under your email address is beyond me.

[quote name='musha666']Yea that stuff is crap. They will just email you the code too. So why it takes any longer then a week to go to Amazon.com and buy the gift card under your email address is beyond me.[/quote]

They email the code now? Not that I should be congratulating Webrides TV, but that's a step up from the old 'We'll send it in the mail; so sorry if it gets jacked on the way to you!' shtick they used to pull.

The joke's on the people who signed up for this lameness... I'm sure they sold all of your address info etc... to mailing lists or market research companies for a LOT more than what you were given in prizes (if you ever even got them).

[quote name='sanderdaniels81']The joke's on the people who signed up for this lameness... I'm sure they sold all of your address info etc... to mailing lists or market research companies for a LOT more than what you were given in prizes (if you ever even got them).[/QUOTE]

Are you like 10 years old or something? They are trying to make money, I dont think anyone expects to make more money off the prizes were got (yes we did get them, I have already got over $400 worth of XBox 360 games). As for mailing lists and market research? Well I have heard no reports of anyone getting any crap in the mail after signing up for this site. As most people used different names for their second account we would notice if we got any from them. And the only market research that was taken from us is if we chose to do a survey.

As bliss as your ignorance must be, theres really no need to share it with everyone else.

[quote name='sanderdaniels81']The joke's on the people who signed up for this lameness... I'm sure they sold all of your address info etc... to mailing lists or market research companies for a LOT more than what you were given in prizes (if you ever even got them).[/quote]

{Tinhat} | {You can have this} --->

I posted to this thread:

http://www.webridestv.com/forums/topic.aspx?id=124515

All I said was...

"I'm still waiting on a gift card that I ordered on June 9th. I e-mailed both the schwagmart and Brent's address and haven't heard from either one."

It was originally post #11.

Looks like a webrides admin deleted my post.:bomb:

Just watch... I bet what's now post 13 on that thread will get deleted too. It's not my post, but right now it says,

"I ordered a $20 Amazon gift card on June 9th and have yet to receive it. I also ordered a copy of Super Mario Galaxy on July 22nd and also haven't received it yet. I don't expect to receive either of my items anytime soon, if ever."

Doesn't seem likely that I'll be getting my GC at this point. I'm glad I didn't waste any more time earning more points with it.

i ordered a gift card around the beginning of june too and i havent received it... they should at least give us reasons for it instead of being shady

I have a feeling the site is done with that. I had that feeling ever since they got the "new staff dedicated to the swag mark" and emails stopped being answered. I bet they will maybe get rid of the stuff they have left and just screw everyone out of their last orders. Just my opinion though, based on the shadiness and all.

[quote name='musha666']I have a feeling the site is done with that. I had that feeling ever since they got the "new staff dedicated to the swag mark" and emails stopped being answered. I bet they will maybe get rid of the stuff they have left and just screw everyone out of their last orders. Just my opinion though, based on the shadiness and all.[/quote]

Yeah pretty much. I haven't earned tickets in months, but I checked back a couple times a week for prizes as I had enough tickets left for a game. They haven't updated anything for about a month. They are probably just leaving the top end stuff up to get more hits before they take it all down before anyone can get to them.

Yea, also havent been any surveys in months. I wouldnt expect anyone waiting for prizes they already bought to show up either. They may just leave the swag mart up to trick people into going there.

Oh well, I got what I could out of the site before it ended. Maybe we can listen to some 12 year olds (and 40 year olds who act 12) say crazy stuff like how they will sue webrides if they dont get their swag. That stuff is always funny:)

[quote name='XxFuRy2Xx']Is there anything we can do (that doesn't take much effort) to mess with them if we don't get our stuff? LOL.[/QUOTE]

If youre in California I suppose you could visit that rance guys house.=-P

I think that if they do kill the swag mart and once people realize its dead, the site will die with it. If not dead then I would guess at least 90% of the sites users will vanish at least.

[quote name='XxFuRy2Xx']Oh, musha, you get NASCAR 09 yet? I still haven't...[/QUOTE]

Sure havent, I will give it another week and if I dont get it I will just assume that I wont be. My first order was placed 7/16 so it has been 2 months for that. Something tells me it wont ever arrive:\

Rance posted this in the forums:

"we just purchased a whole mess of stuff to send out, but users are waiting longer than 6-8 weeks at this time for schwag.

This post is against the terms of the forum though so I'm going to nuke it in about an hour."

So I guess we will see our stuff... glad to see an update though.

I submitted a complaint to the Office of the Attorney General of California last month about not receiving my prize.

I got a reply from them that basically states that they can't assist me individually in taking any sort of legal action against them, but they're going to be contacting WebRides about my complaint. But I'm thinking maybe if they got more complaints about WebRidesTV, they'd be able to take more action and we'd see our prizes.

The attorney general has helped me before when I won a cash prize a few years back from this one daily trivia site. That company was based in Georgia, so I filed complaints with both the GA and CA attorney generals since I wasn't sure which state to file it with. Not too long after I sent the complaints and got a response from the CA attorney general, the company sent me a hand written check for what I won.

So it does help sometimes to complain to a third party - and with the attorney general, all you have to do is fill out a form so it doesn't take long at all and it doesn't cost any money either.

WebRidesTV is based in CA, so if you're not in CA, you might want to try submitting complaints to both your state attorney general's office and California's.

Here's the complaint form for the CA Attorney General (it's worth filling out even if you live in another state):

http://ag.ca.gov/contact/complaint_form.php?cmplt=CL

I actually didn't fill out that form, I used the PDF form since I had attachments to submit (proof of my order, their schwagmart FAQ that states how long it takes them to ship prizes, copies of my e-mails to WebRidesTV, etc).

Here are two PDF files of a copy of the form I sent in and a copy of the response I got:
http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=40973c81bc14527a8066db0503cf4f2cc0fda5b0fb21e9f4

Hopefully more people will send in complaints so that the Attorney General will see that the problem affects more people than just myself and be able to help us all with getting our prizes.

UPDATE: I got my GC, see my post here.

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back