Website really really slow to load - Sometimes I have to refresh twice

Count

CAGiversary!
I'm not sure if I am the only one, but this never happened months ago when I was active here.
I just decided to come back to CAG but everytime I load any page, the page doesn't even show up and I have to reload twice everytime! :cry:
If I don't reload, the screen will only show the background, and nothing more.

Its really annoying. Other websites are fine. Seems this is the only website that does that for me.

[quote name='Count']I'm not sure if I am the only one, but this never happened months ago when I was active here.
I just decided to come back to CAG but everytime I load any page, the page doesn't even show up and I have to reload twice everytime! :cry:
If I don't reload, the screen will only show the background, and nothing more.

Its really annoying. Other websites are fine. Seems this is the only website that does that for me.[/QUOTE]

Have you figured out a solution for this yet? I am having the exact same problem when I am not logged in and try to view threads. I'm using Firefox 5.0 and have done all of the usual steps of clearing the cache, cookies, etc. but nothing has worked. The main forum pages load normally, but when I click on almost any thread or any page within a thread, all I can see is the grey background. Firefox shows that it is trying to load the page but it never does. The only way to get the page to load, is to stop the loading process (i.e. click on the X) and then click refresh. At that point, the page loads normally. It is quite frustrating and annoying to have to click stop and refresh on every single page. Also, CAG seems to be the only site where I am having this issue.

I just figured out the solution for me was to block the new facebook and twitter widget frames in AdBlock+...not just the pictures.

These are found in each thread along the top...wish I could show you but I've blocked them already ;)

This was also the only site it was doing this on as well.

I noticed in the bottom left corner of the loading assets that it would hang on Facebook...this site loads so mush stuff as it is...I may go hunting.

Fixed it for me --- Firefox 5.0

Annoying as shit!

EDIT - Damn, blocked the ones on the top right of the page as well...really fast loads now.

Thanks for the tip. It worked instantly. I'm curious if you needed to, as I did, add a new filter list to AdBlock+ in order to properly block the social networking widgets. This issue started out of the blue for me today, so I'm not sure what might have changed with AdBlock. I don't recall ever seeing the widgets in the past, so the old filter list in AdBlock seemed to have been working prior to today. Either way, it's resolved now.

It seems to be back today, but just when I am not logged in.
Does anyone know how to block certain assets from loading on a web page altogether not just images / linked images?

Even though Facebook was filtered, I still see it trying to load when I'm not logged in, which doesn't make much sense seeing how I blocked it and I no longer see it in view whether logged in or not...

I'll be researching and post back what I find.

EDIT - Could someone dump or know how to see ALL of the assets that are loaded on this site?
The gamer cards have been a pain as well as the quantserve, glyde, invitemedia, as well as others.
I'd like to block them all...

Double Edit - Just right click on any thread and view page info and select the media tab...copy and paste the ones you wish to not load into AdBlock+
you may also want to look at the cookies stored by this website...
Truncate gamer cards (sony and xbox) just before the singular reference to each individual.
You can also view page source for the loads in order.

Triple Edit - I'm compiling a list...

Last edited by a moderator:
I've compiled a custom AdBlock filter list.
Browsing for me is super fast with no hanging now.

You can PM me for the file...was kinda neat to finally see all of the affiliates...jeez this site is loaded with adclicks.

Whomever created AdBlock+ is a genius and a godsend!

bread's done
Back