Wednesday= New Comic book day

Odenat

CAGiversary!
Feedback
28 (100%)
I just recently got back into reading comic books and I am very impressed with the new summer season so far. I'm personally looking foward to The House of M , Omac project, and infinte crisis books. If you guys know of any other good series that you think other people should read post them here. rants about books are welcomed also (i.e too many varient covers)

I'm going ot my comic book store tomorrow to pick up All-Star Batman and Robin, and New Avengers. I've been looking forward to All-Star Batman and Robin forever now. Jim Lee is without a doubt my favorite artist, and I'm definitely in the mood to read some new stuff from Frank Miller after having the Sin City movie blow me away. New Avengers has been consistently good, which I'm happy about.

But I have to admit that I haven't picked up the House of M comics. The "blockbuster event" seemed rushed to me, as if Marvel was just putting it out there before DC's Infinite Crisis came out. I'm hoping that the House of M is great, but I just don't know if it's worth investing money in. As of right now, I'm really only reading DC stuff, although I used to read a lot more Marvel comics back then.

I just got back from picking up All-Star Batman and Robin, and New Avengers. pretty good so far. I hope you can get a hold of the batman and robin 1st runs because when i went to my local shop they only had 4 left and it was only 11am. I also picked up New Teen Titans#2 finally found a copy that wasn't all beat up:D

I'm personally in love with Astonishing X-Men. Joss just perfectly mixes the action and the comedy to make one of the funniest and most action-packed comics out there now a days. And Cassaday's artwork is amazing to add to that. I can't wait till next Wednesday, when part five of Dangerous comes out. I've been waiting forever after the end of part four, with the return of everyone's favorite professor at the end of it.

[quote name='karsh']I'm personally in love with Astonishing X-Men. Joss just perfectly mixes the action and the comedy to make one of the funniest and most action-packed comics out there now a days. And Cassaday's artwork is amazing to add to that. I can't wait till next Wednesday, when part five of Dangerous comes out. I've been waiting forever after the end of part four, with the return of everyone's favorite professor at the end of it.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. Whedon has done us right in regards to story, and Cassaday's lines are so clean and the color's so deep that this book is always a delightful read. I'm also digging Acadamy X, 'cause I'm old school New Mutants, and I pick up Uncanny as well, though with less fervor than the others.

On the DC side, I read Outsiders and Teen Titans. Both solid titles IMHO, though I've missed a chunk of the Donna Troy return.

As far as stuff a bit further away from the big two, I read a lot of Oni books, though much less than a year ago when they actually put out some goddamn monthlys! :bomb:

I'm a huge fan of Chynna Clugston-Major and Jim Mahfood, and I try to pick up their stuff whenever something surfaces. Chynna's Blue Monday series is my fave, but the books are few and far between.

[quote name='DV8']Gimme back dreamwaveprod and I'll start reading comics again :([/QUOTE]

I thought DreamWave was awesome. They had a lot of great comics, and all of their artists had really unique styles that that I thought looked cool. I still like Pat Lee's stuff, but he's doing some bigger projects now. I liked Neon Cyber a lot, and Warlands was good.

[quote name='Quackzilla']NERDS!!!

*hides cowboy bebop comic*[/QUOTE]

Where the hell did you get a Cowboy bebop comic?! Or do you mean manga?

[quote name='basketkase543']Can anyone summarize whats going on in House of M? What's the plot?[/QUOTE]

All I know is that it involves the Avengers, X-Men, Magneto, Scarlett Witch, and some new girl who is supposed to be the most important mutant in Marvel history. Or something like that. But I'm not going to be picking this one up right away, because I was so dissapointed with how bad Avengers Disassemble was.

[quote name='Demontooth']How much do comics cost now?[/QUOTE]

They usually cost $2.25, $2.50, or $2.99 depending on what you want. When I first started reading comics, they were $1.95.

I used to buy a lot of comics... now all I buy is Flaming Carrot, which comes out 4 times a year.

I'm trying to get the complete Peanuts collection, as well. And I'm looking to get into The Goon.

bread's done
Back