Week of 10/21 VG Ads: BB, CC, & Target

tinyandi

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
Best Buy:

Notice:
- On the Cover: Get 25% any Disney title listed on the front page PLUS over 150 Disney DVDs. YMMV on whether it applies other Disney video games beyond those listed below.
- Get a free poster plus a $5.00 coupon when you preorder CoD4: Mordern Warfare. Coupon is good only for a previous version of the CoD PC titles. $10.00 deposit required.
- Get a free bonus disc (includes 12 gamer pics, game trailers, 3 songs from the soundtrack and introductory documentary) when you preorder Mass Effect. $5.00 deposit required.
- Get a free demo disc (in pack) when you pre order Smack Down v. Raw. $5.00 deposit required.
- Go to www.bestbuy.com/gh3 to find out midnight openings near you for GH3.
- Get Heroes Season 1 HD DVD free with purchase of XBOX 360 HD DVD player (Includes King Kong w/media remote + get 5 Free HD DVD's via mail in rebate)
hddvdplusheroeswc1.png

Hardware:
- Crimson/Black Nintendo DS - $129.99*
- Red/Black Brain Age 2 Nintendo DS Pack - $149.99
- Pink/Blue X360 Wireless Controllers - $49.99
- PSP System - $169.99
- PS3 80G system (w/ Motorstorm) - $599.99

Console Games:

DS Games:
- :ds: Power Rangers: Super Legends (DS) - $22.49
- :ds: Cheetah Girls (DS) - $22.49
- :ds: Disney (Princess Cover) (DS) - $22.49
- :ds: High School Musical (DS) - $22.49
- :ds: Hannah Montana (DS) - $14.99
- :ds: Spectrobes (DS) - $14.99
- Playground (DS) - $29.99
- Hannah Montana: Music Jam - $29.99
- Thrillville (DS) - $34.99
- :ds: Drawn to Life (DS) - $19.99 ($10.00 savings)
- Brain Age (DS) - $19.99
- Flash Focus (DS) - $19.99
- Bleach (DS) - $29.99
- Imagine: Fashion Designer (DS) - $29.99
- Sims 2: Castaway (DS) - $29.99

PS2 Games:
- Starwars II (PS2) - $19.99
- Cars (PS2) - $19.99
- Bratz (PS2) - $29.99
- MLS Power Bros (PS2) - $29.99
- Sims 2: Castaway (PS2) - $39.99
- Trophy Bucks (PS2) - $29.99

Wii Games:
- Bleach: Shattered Blade (Wii) - $49.99
- Sims 2: Castaway (Wii) - $49.99

X360 Games:

- Conan (360) - $59.99 **
- :360: Guitar Hero II Bundle (Game/Guitar) - $79.99 ($10.00 savings).
- Call of Duty 3 (X360) - $29.99
- Trophy Bucks (X360) - $29.99

PSP Games:
- Syphon Filter: Logan's Shadow (PSP) - $39.99
- SWAT (PSP) - $39.99
- Dead Head Fred - $29.99

PS3 Games:
- The Eye of Judgment (PS3) - $69.99
- NBA08 (PS3) - $59.99
- :ps3: Ghost Recon 2: Advanced Warfighter (PS3) - $39.99 ($10.00 savings)
- :ps3: Rainbow Six Vegas (PS3) - $39.99 ($10.00 savings)

PC Games:
- Orange Box - $49.99
- Flight Simulator: Deluxe Edition - $49.99
- Flight Simulator: Acceleration - $29.99
- Age of Empires III - $29.99
- Sims 2: Von Boyage - $29.99
- :pc: Neverwinter Nights 2: Mask of the Betrayer - $19.99 ($10.00 savings)

* Free Minipack ($9.99 value) with purchase of a DS.
** Free Dark Horse Comic Book with purchase (in pack).

Circuit City:

Notice:
- The Wii IS listed this week for $249.99.

Hardware:
- Wii Remote controller - $39.99
- Wii Nunchuck - $19.99
- Wii Psyclone (Charge Station) - $24.99 (save $5.00)
- Nintendo DS - $129.99 *
- DS Penn Stylus and Screen Protector - $4.99 (save $5.00)

Console Games:

DS:
- Flash Focus - $19.99
- The Cheetah Girls - $29.99
- Zelda: Phantom Hour Glass - $34.99

PSP:
- :psp: MX v. ATX - $9.99
- :psp:`Guilty Gear: Judgment - $9.99

Game Boy:
- Dr. Mario/Puzzle League - $9.99
- Life/Yahtzee/PayDay - $9.99

PS2:
- Finding Nemo - $9.99
- 25 to Life - $9.99

PS3:
- Jericho - $59.99
- NBA Live 08 - $59.99
- Conan - $59.99

X360:
- Jericho - $59.99
- NBA Live 08 - $59.99
- Conan - $59.99
- PGR4- $59.99
- Simpsons: Hit and Run - $9.99

PC Games:
- :pc: Age of Empires III: Asian Dynasties $17.99 (save $12.00)
- :pc: Flight Simulator: Acceleration $17.99 (save $12.00)
- :pc: Neverwinter Nights 2: Mask of Betrayer $17.99 (save $12.00)
- :pc: Flight Simulator $17.99 (save $12.00)

* Free accessory kit with the purchase of a DS Lite.

[quote name='JJSP']TARGET 10/21-28

Sony PS3 80 GB MotorStorm Bundle - $599.99
Sony PSP Bundle (Family Guy, Daxter, memory stick) - $199.99
NBA '08 (PSP, PS2) - $39.99
Tiger Woods PGA '08 (PSP, PS2) - $39.99
Final Fantasy Tactics (PSP) - $39.99
Star Wars Battlefront: Renegade Squadron - $39.99

Ratchet & Clank Future (PS3) - $59.99 (available 10/30)
Clive Barker's Jericho (360, PS3) - $59.99 (available 10/25)
The Eye Of Judgement (PS3) - $69.99 (available 10/25)
NBA Live '08 (360, PS3) - $59.99

The Sims 2: Castaway (Wii) - $49.99 (available 10/24) (DS - 29.99)
*Exclusive Tiki Mask in-game code with purchase of Sims 2

Brain Age 2 (DS) - $19.99
Naruto: Clash Of Ninja Revolution (Wii) - $49.99 (available 10/25)
EA Playground (Wii) - $39.99 (available 10/24)
Tony Hawk's Proving Ground (360, PS3) - $59.99 (PS2 - $39.99)
Spiderman: Friend Or Foe (PS2) - $39.99 (360 - $49.99)
ThrillVille: Off The Rails (360, Wii) - $49.99 (PS2, PSP - $39.99)

GAMERS - Last chance to reserve Super Mario Galaxy (available 11/14). Reserved copies include Collector's Coin and exclusive giftcard with reservation.

GAMERS - Sony Bravia 32" 720P LCD HDTV $899.99 before $100 savings.
GAMERS - 10% off selected Sony cables

I'd post the DVD ads, but there's really nothing worth mentioning. Hostel 2 is $19.99, and Carrie Underwood has a new CD out.[/quote]

Best Buy looks to have updated their site for Sunday's ad, but the deal for Heroes with the HD-DVD player isn't on the site from what I can see.

[quote name='Ryukahn']Best Buy looks to have updated their site for Sunday's ad, but the deal for Heroes with the HD-DVD player isn't on the site from what I can see.[/QUOTE]

They have updated with the Disney icon on the front page and the flash, but the Weekly Ad from last week is still showing. In the past some of the deals don't show up until they throw up the new Weekly Ad as well.

The HD-DVD deal is pretty tempting... not sure if I'm going to pull the trigger on it. Drawn to Life for $20 is tempting too...

If you look at the other page where is say "Get Free 7 HD-DVD Movies" then this should work with Xbox 360 HD-DVD Player with a total of 9 free movies.

jttqg5.jpg

On the fine prints say any 2 HD-DVDs must be equal or lesser value of $34.99. I might pickup the Xbox 360 HD-DVD Player with King Kong & Heroes Season 1, The Reaping and Return to House on Haunted Hill and along with 5 other movies by mail. Then sell Heroes Season 1 on eBay to earn at least $70. :)

[quote name='iNCREDiPiNOY']If you look at the other page where is say "Get Free 7 HD-DVD Movies" then this should work with Xbox 360 HD-DVD Player with a total of 9 free movies.

On the fine prints say any 2 HD-DVDs must be equal or lesser value of $34.99. I might pickup the Xbox 360 HD-DVD Player with King Kong & Heroes Season 1, The Reaping and Return to House on Haunted Hill and along with 5 other movies by mail. Then sell Heroes Season 1 on eBay to earn at least $70. :)[/QUOTE]

You can try to get the other 2 free, but fair warning the way they have it linked out on their website, they are intending the 2 more in-store free to be with the Toshiba DVD players only. I wouldn't be surprised if they have a correction in the store or the manager won't budge on it cause it will certainly need an override.

Let me know if you are successful because then it will be leverage for me to fight on it if I know someone else got in. :)

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?type=category&id=pcmcat133500050008

In TARGET add, Ratchet and Clank (ps3) is listed this week but the release date is 10/30

Strange.....

Very Strange indeed

---

I got Drawn to Life a few weeks ago and it was an okay game. There is alot of potential there but it is not great. Hopefully they work out some details and it becomes a better game. While playing I wish Nintendo though of this idea and just made a Mario Paint side scrolling game.

The main problem with the game is that there is this story that doesn't really add anything to the gameplay but you have to keep going with it. Its why I hate alot of RPGs, gotta keep hitting a button to try to speed it up. There is no reason for such a long story.

Also the levels are pretty long. I mean you can be on one stage for a good 10 minutes at times. So instead of having some short but sweet stages, you have to get with this drawn out level.

The drawing is fun but after a while youjust don't care and just use scribbly lines. There are certain things not really explained well like upgrades and why you should get them. The sprites themselves look really good and have their own design.

Its a good game for $20 though but you wont get much out of it. I could have beaten it but just decided to stop playing it.

Just got back from the daytona beach store with the 360 HD-dvd addon, Heroes (free) Bourne Identity (free), and Superman returns (free). Cashier had to get a manger/supervisor who initially said no. I showed him the add and told him the only fine print was concerning the price of the HD-dvds. He price adjusted and said he was going to check on this. So YMMV and go soon.

I have been tempted to get an HD DVD player but my tv is only 720p so until I get a 1080p there isn't really a reason for me and by then they might have the hybrid players. I still don't really notice the difference but on my tv I wouldn't see it at 1080 anyway.

How much is the giftcard that comes with SMG? I'll either buy it at Target if the GC is at least $10, or family video since it's only $41.

[quote name='DarkD-']How much is the giftcard that comes with SMG? I'll either buy it at Target if the GC is at least $10, or family video since it's only $41.[/quote]

From what I can tell it doesn't come with money, you put $5 down on it to reserve the game, which basically becomes a $5 giftcard that you use when you pick up the game.

I would like to add(If it hasn't been already) that you can get an additional 2 Free HD DVD's on top of the Heroes HD DVD and the 5 free HD DVDs. If you buy any HD DVD player from best buy you get 2 free courtesy of Best Buy.

[quote name='DarkRider23']I would like to add(If it hasn't been already) that you can get an additional 2 Free HD DVD's on top of the Heroes HD DVD and the 5 free HD DVDs. If you buy any HD DVD player from best buy you get 2 free courtesy of Best Buy.[/quote]

So far that has been YMMV...as managers are not allowing this at all locations.

Ended up getting my HD-DVD player online from J&R. My Best Buy's had either Heroes or HD-DVD, not both. I probably could've bought each at each store, but it wasn't worth the gas money.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']From what I can tell it doesn't come with money, you put $5 down on it to reserve the game, which basically becomes a $5 giftcard that you use when you pick up the game.[/quote]Yep, that is correct. You could put the entire purchase price of the game if you want, I just went with $5. Pretty nice gift card, will go nicely with my Wii gift card.

Last day to preorder at Target is 10/28.

[quote name='DarkRider23']I would like to add(If it hasn't been already) that you can get an additional 2 Free HD DVD's on top of the Heroes HD DVD and the 5 free HD DVDs. If you buy any HD DVD player from best buy you get 2 free courtesy of Best Buy.[/quote]

How do I go about doing this? Do they state this in the ad?

[quote name='magiic']if anyone gets the HD-DVD drive and doesnt want heroes let me know. I am interested in buying or trading for it.[/quote]

Check the HD DVD deals thread, as somone mentioned that they were selling it for $50.

[quote name='DarkRider23']I would like to add(If it hasn't been already) that you can get an additional 2 Free HD DVD's on top of the Heroes HD DVD and the 5 free HD DVDs. If you buy any HD DVD player from best buy you get 2 free courtesy of Best Buy.[/QUOTE]

Last night, my girlfriend and I went to BB to take advantage of this deal, since she did not yet have the drive for her 360. Knowing that I was going to encounter management resistance, I went armed with the ad and the online rebate form (for the 5 free HD-DVDs via mail).

At the checkout, the manager said the 5 free via mail was a valid offer (the register even printed the rebate form and receipt), but we couldn't get both the Heroes Season 1 HD-DVD set and the two HD-DVDs; he said we had to pick one. I argued with him for 15 minutes, stating that we were entitled to Heroes, 2 HD-DVDs in the store, and the 5 via mail, but he wouldn't budge. Knowing this wasn't over, we opted for the Heroes set and the 5 via mail, and left disgruntled.

This morning, I called the toll-free BB number to complain. The woman claimed it was a glitch in their system, that the offer was only good for Toshiba HD-DVD players, not for an accessory, like the Xbox 360 HD-DVD player. I told her the ad said ANY HD-DVD player, and the Xbox 360 HD-DVD player is manufactured by Toshiba for Microsoft, which is why the rebate's valid. She told me not to mail in the rebate, since Toshiba wouldn't honor it. Apparently, she wasn't listening to a damn thing I was saying! Frustrated that the entire BB corporation had their collective heads up their collective asses, I ended the conversation to contemplate whether or not I would return the player and Heroes set.

Ten minutes later, she called me back and said I was correct: BB confirmed with Toshiba that their offer for 7 free DVDs was valid for the Xbox 360 HD-DVD player. When you purchase the player, you get for free the Heroes set, 2 HD-DVDs of your choice from the store at the time of purchase, and the 5 HD-DVDs via mail. She said BB was notifying all store managers as she and I spoke.

So, if BB tried to deny you any of those freebies yesterday or today, head back with your receipt and what I just told you, and get what's coming to you! I'll be heading back for the 2 HD-DVDs I was forced to leave behind yesterday!

i had a similar experience. the manager at two BB told me that the 2 free movie offer wasnt' applicable towards the xbox drive. i called the 800 # and ended up w/a supervisor mailing me a $70 gift card (the total possible value of the offer).

even though it was a hassle, it worked out in my favor. instead of two movies, i now have $70 to spend on anything. :twisted:

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Did anyone preorder Mass Effect at Best Buy? Wondering if you get the bonus disc at time of preorder.[/QUOTE]

Yes you do. It's in a 360 Game Case and you get it when you put your $5.00 down.

[quote name='xbox_mole']Yes you do. It's in a 360 Game Case and you get it when you put your $5.00 down.[/quote]

Sweet! I'll stop by after work. Thanks.

[quote name='iNCREDiPiNOY']If you look at the other page where is say "Get Free 7 HD-DVD Movies" then this should work with Xbox 360 HD-DVD Player with a total of 9 free movies.

jttqg5.jpg

On the fine prints say any 2 HD-DVDs must be equal or lesser value of $34.99. I might pickup the Xbox 360 HD-DVD Player with King Kong & Heroes Season 1, The Reaping and Return to House on Haunted Hill and along with 5 other movies by mail. Then sell Heroes Season 1 on eBay to earn at least $70. :)[/quote]
FYI: This is now live...Best Buy corp. got a lot of complaints and they are now honoring the extra 2 free HD DVD's with purchase including those who bought it without the 2 free HD DVD's. See details here on the last pages:
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=151227

Be sure to pick up Transformers on HD DVD and I also recomend Batman Begins...no one should have an HD DVD collection without those 2 titles :D

oh my god..are you guys fucking kidding me?!?!?

so let me get this right...

I go buy the 360 hddvd player.....
get heroes for free in store (which I don't want)
get 5 hddvd's by mail
PLUS 2 HDDVD's of my choice in store as bb's way of saying SORRY for the mistake?

all for 180+tax??

holy shit that's one hell of a deal.

Yea it's gonna suck having to watch it on my 360 via vga cable on my 22 inch widescreeen monitor...but the money I will save in the long run will be worth it.

[quote name='ITDEFX']oh my god..are you guys fucking kidding me?!?!?

so let me get this right...

I go buy the 360 hddvd player.....
get heroes for free in store (which I don't want)
get 5 hddvd's by mail
PLUS 2 HDDVD's of my choice in store as bb's way of saying SORRY for the mistake?

all for 180+tax??

holy shit that's one hell of a deal.

Yea it's gonna suck having to watch it on my 360 via vga cable on my 22 inch widescreeen monitor...but the money I will save in the long run will be worth it.[/QUOTE]

All true, but they're not apologizing; they're simply honoring their ad, which they should. :)

[quote name='Dark_Ryder14']Is the HD-DVD add-on just this week?[/quote]

As far as we know right now, yes only this week. As for the 2 extra HD DVD's, for sure its this week only, it was a screw up on their end that they are honoring.

ok here is the low down on my trip to best buy this morning...

Picked up the HD-DVD 360 drive, spent like 30 minutes trying to pick what HDDVD to get as most of the titles I already have on SD-DVD. In the end I defaulted to Batman begins and Transformers HDDVD(argh Now I have like 4 copies of the movie). Asked for Heroes HDDVD, THEY HAD NONE :O. Talked to the manager and he said he couldn't sub it for something cheaper (Smallville S6 ...awww). No rainchecks on it either. He did check his shipments and none was expected to arrive this week, nor will I be able to pick it up next week because its this weeks only promo.

Called cooperate. Talked to them for nearly an hour. They kept on bitching to me about the offer on page 20 (the $400 toshiba hd-dvd drive) with the 2 hd-dvd movies of your choice, and not page 4 which says the 360hd-dvd drive heroes offer. They said while supplies last, no rainchecks, but that was only on page 20, not on page 4's heroes offer. I asked them where does it say on page 4 no rainchecks, no sub, limited qualities and there was none. Got a supervisor on the line and repeated the same argument.

After that she said ok, I go ahead and get the drive, the two movies of your choice and send in for the 5 extra movies. She then told me to call her back with the Pin number of the ticket and offered me a 100 dollar Best buy Gift Card so then I can go back and buy Heroes when it's back in stock. I did this and she said I should have it within a week.

For those of you who got the drive with the two hddvd's...how did it ring up? Because the system had problems with this so the manager had to drop the price of the drive from 179.99 to 124.99 and keep TF at 26.99 (10% off) and BB for 24.99 so it came to about 176.97 plus tax.

Now I am getting a 100 gift card which I can use to buy Star Trek:TOS remastered HD-DVD when it comes out.

I'm not opening the drive or the disc til the gift card comes in and if I don't get the gift card, the drive goes back.

Funny that according to inventory on the web site, Heroes HDDVD is in stock at all my near by best buys.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Glad it worked out ITDEFX and welcome to HD DVD! Hopefully on Black Friday you'll find a great deal on a HDTV.[/QUOTE]

lolz, but it will be kinda shitty for me when I do get an hdtv and a stand alone hd-dvd player. Then after my 2 year unlimited exchanges runs out on my 360, the 360 will have it built-in in future models so I will have a spare 360 drive. :whistle2:\

oh well.. but still it's a great offer, 8 movies (Kong, the 2 free in store ones, and the 5 mail in ones) all for 180!

I am very surprised Cooperate didn't issue a notice for all stores that it was a mistake and NOT to honor the ANY HD-DVD Drive. They are pretty good about this.

Just came from BB to make absolute sure the deal is good before coming in with my money. They were acting like they had always honored it and that there was never a misunderstanding....

[quote name='Dem']Just came from BB to make absolute sure the deal is good before coming in with my money. They were acting like they had always honored it and that there was never a misunderstanding....[/QUOTE]

Apparently, the store managers at store #560 are complete idiots. After driving another 44 miles round-trip to that BB and spending another 30 minutes dealing with this issue, I was STILL denied the 2 free HD-DVDs of my choice. The brain-dead manager said, "We're offering the 300 and The Bourne Identity HD-DVDs with the Xbox 360 HD-DVD player, not two of your choice."

"No," I replied, "those two HD-DVDs are IN ADDITION to the other 7 free ones if you buy THIS Toshiba player. Read the ad--YOUR AD!--it says they're 'included in box'."

He then tried to explain how that's the only deal he's willing to give me. I told him, "Stop right there. I'm not going to waste another 30 minutes of my life with inept BB management. Call BB CS and give them this case number."

He did, and the CS rep asked to speak with me. Turns out the other CS rep gave me the wrong case number, and the content of my case file was "vague;" contrary to what the other CS rep told me she'd include in my case file, it didn't indicate that I was owed two HD-DVDs of my choice, each up to a $34.99 value (you know...the EXACT text that's already in their ad!?). As a result, the only thing this CS rep could do was mail me a $70 BB gift card after a 1-week waiting period.

So...88 miles traveled + ~ 2 hours of my life = $70 gift card that won't be mailed for another week. Two things that really have me shaking my head are:

1.) The two HD-DVDs I had chosen were only $5 more than the two the manager was trying to force on me
2.) The $70 gift card is worth more than the two HD-DVDs I had chosen

"I'd like 'How to Generate Ill-Will in Your Customers Rather Than Doing the Logical and Simple Thing' for $1000, Alex, but I already know the question: Who are the BB managers at store #560?"

"Yes!"

As a public service to other CAG members, I urge you NOT TO FREQUENT STORE #560 in Brandon, FL. Unless, of course, you enjoy dealing with inept management...

[quote name='Mysterio']Apparently, the store managers at store #560 are complete idiots. After driving another 44 miles round-trip to that BB and spending another 30 minutes dealing with this issue, I was STILL denied the 2 free HD-DVDs of my choice. The brain-dead manager said, "We're offering the 300 and The Bourne Identity HD-DVDs with the Xbox 360 HD-DVD player, not two of your choice."

"No," I replied, "those two HD-DVDs are IN ADDITION to the other 7 free ones if you buy THIS Toshiba player. Read the ad--YOUR AD!--it says they're 'included in box'."

He then tried to explain how that's the only deal he's willing to give me. I told him, "Stop right there. I'm not going to waste another 30 minutes of my life with inept BB management. Call BB CS and give them this case number."

He did, and the CS rep asked to speak with me. Turns out the other CS rep gave me the wrong case number, and the content of my case file was "vague;" contrary to what the other CS rep told me she'd include in my case file, it didn't indicate that I was owed two HD-DVDs of my choice, each up to a $34.99 value (you know...the EXACT text that's already in their ad!?). As a result, the only thing this CS rep could do was mail me a $70 BB gift card after a 1-week waiting period.

So...88 miles traveled + ~ 2 hours of my life = $70 gift card that won't be mailed for another week. Two things that really have me shaking my head are:

1.) The two HD-DVDs I had chosen were only $5 more than the two the manager was trying to force on me
2.) The $70 gift card is worth more than the two HD-DVDs I had chosen

"I'd like 'How to Generate Ill-Will in Your Customers Rather Than Doing the Logical and Simple Thing' for $1000, Alex, but I already know the question: Who are the BB managers at store #560?"

"Yes!"

As a public service to other CAG members, I urge you NOT TO FREQUENT STORE #560 in Brandon, FL. Unless, of course, you enjoy dealing with inept management...[/QUOTE]

Most best buys are like this. They will do ANYTHING to make sure a customer doesn't get a deal from the ad. I fought with Corp. for almost an hour to get them to realize that page 4 doesn't say anything about limited qualities/no rainchecks but they just kept on hammering me about what was said on page 20. The guy I talked to at Corp ended up saying "Well what do you want me to do???" in a I really don't give a shit any more voice. In the end I got offered a 100 dollar gift card and when asked when it will arrive the supervisor said it would be there within a week.

Has anyone here been offered a gift card from Corp and actually gotten it within a week? or it's mostly BS they say to get you to calm down?

Just call bestbuy and they are now honoring the 2 free HD-DVD offer, got a case number for me to claim my HD-DVD. I suppose to go into bestbuy and have them ring me up for free there.

No problem at Cherry Hill, NJ BestBuy. It was in the computer.

Walked out with:
HD-DVD Drive w/ King Kong
Heroes Season 1
Transformers
Blood Diamond
+ 5 Free by Mail

No questions, no problems. I tried this earlier in the week with no success. Now it looks like it is actually in the computer. Good luck to all.
- Ray

Best Buy in Lakewood, CA said they couldn't offer any reincheck or gift card for the Heroes HDDVD because it was out of stock. They didn't want to honor the 2 free HDDVDs either.

I walked out empty handed and quite annoyed after wasting an hour waiting for them to find the guy who is in charge of the movie section.

Shit man, this is insane, and I never even thought about it until now...

...I can sell the 360 HD-DVD Add-On on ebay for 150.00 easy, and thats Heroes + 7 other free movies for 30 freakin bucks.

Where are my car keys?!

OK, I had to go to another bb 45 minutes away to get heroes. The CSR chick was CLUELESS to the Heroes and 2 free hddvd deal and said I would only get the 5 in the mail. She told me that I was going to get the price of the hd-dvd drive 124.99 instead of the 180 and I told her to look at the recepit as they dropped the price of the drive and charged me normal price for the hddvd discs to bring the total back up to 180. In the end she had to get a manager to verify this (it's Thursday, WTF?!?! get with the program bitch!) and so she rung up the drive, Heroes, Batman Begins, and Transformers then hit total which zeroed out Heroes, BB, and TF. I lost my 10% off Transformers, but oh well. :| Still got the rebate for the 5 movies. I will be installing the drive later tonight when I get back from work.

Funny thing is that my package set off the alarm and when the security guard checked my receipt he said "So you got those movies for free huh?" and I was like yea it's part of the promo, 8 movies and the drive for 180!!! He told me he didn't have the 360 but the PS3 and thinking of switching over and I said it's worth it!

I was able to get the 360 HDDVD player, Heroes HDDVD, Transformers, and Batman Begins without any trouble from the Westminister Best Buy. =D

bread's done
Back