Feedback
72 (100%)
Sale price ended on a lot of items, here's what is still on sale:

Ghostbusters (PS3 & 360) $19.99 new/$17.99 used
Prototype (PS3 & 360) $24.99 new/$19.99 used
Punch-Out!! (Wii) $24.99 new/$19.99 used
Resident Evil 5 (PS3 & 360) $19.99 new/$17.99 used

Last edited by a moderator:
The GameCrazy near me is running a B2G1 promo, on new games priced at $18.99 and under, and all used games. Need to be an MVP member, of course.

Managed to get RE:5, Ghostbusters and RF:G for

So tempted to drive to the closest store tomorrow (almost 15 miles away) on my lunch hour to pick up MP Trilogy. I'm hesitant because:

• It's possible my wife already got this for me for Xmas
• My backlog is so freaking huge

It's such a good deal though! Crap!

[quote name='shrike4242']Oh, if the nearest GC wasn't 15+ miles away from me now. :wall:[/QUOTE]

Whaddya drive a Humvee that 15 miles is such a far distance? Try having the ONLY friggin' GC within about 100 miles be about 35-40 miles away and then you can complain.:razz:

As for this sale, I can confirm that it works at Hollywood Video stores with Gamezone sections in them. However, Red Faction: Guerrilla was out of stock at both local ones for me.:cry: Not that it matters, since I own it already anyway, but I figured I'd help out someone here if they couldn't find it.

[quote name='Okatha']The GameCrazy near me is running a B2G1 promo, on new games priced at $18.99 and under, and all used games. Need to be an MVP member, of course.

Managed to get RE:5, Ghostbusters and RF:G for

[quote name='handsomepete']These prices are just ridiculous. I don't think I even have a Gamecrazy in my state, but at the very least it would be a weekend roadtrip to get to one. Nonetheless thanks for the update.[/QUOTE]

:applause::applause::applause: That's hardcore CAG-ing right there!! :applause::applause::applause:

Along with Punchout, I just picked up Rainbow Six Vegas 2 Collectors Edition (PS3) brand new for $20 and Trauma Center: Second Opinion (Wii) for $15... Not sure if they are on sale as well or not.

Resident Evil 5 is very tempting at that price...

Just a question, Scorch: have you had anyone trade in DJ Hero yet? I have a 30% off of one used game coupon that I'd love to use on the game, but I don't know what the used game price is. The nearest store to me hasn't had any used copies yet but I'm sure that they'll get some before the coupon expires.

I am going to go to my gamecrazy after work today and pick up fight night round 4. If anybody wants some help, I am willing to pick up some of these deals for you.

Here you go. Got this in my email today from Game Crazy.

gcdeal.jpg

[quote name='guessed']How'd you get them for less than $30? $17.99 + $17.99 = $35.98, and MVP doesn't stack.[/QUOTE]

Yeah you're right, I picked something else up too and I didn't pay close enough attention to the difference. Still, about $12 per game, so not bad.

I just wanted to say thanks a ton Scorch!!! I had to PM the Red Faction Guerilla at another store since Gamecrazy couldn't find their only copy; bought Prototype, Resident Evil 5 (finally, and for a cheaper price than the $29.99 it was before), and Ghostbusters (missed it the first time). I would've totally missed out on them if it wasn't for this thread. These Gamecrazy deals have been fantastic of late. All these new games for so cheap relatively after their release. It certainly is beginning to take a toll combined with all these B2G1 and other deals (DVD or Game) coming out. Glad I got Prototype for the $19.99 price point before it went out of the system/changed price. I need to go back for Punch Out Wii.

By the way, do you know if it's true that there might be another round of store closings come January? I spoke to the manager of the store I had gone to today and supposedly they're good (financially) through January, but after that he's unsure and was quite worried for his job there. I don't know, this might be nothing but rumors and hearsay, but he did seem legitimately worried.

[quote name='nycmetsfan']Do you guys think Best Buy would PM Metroid Prime:Trilogy ?[/QUOTE]

Try and have them call. It usually works out for me if I come in saying I saw it in an ad, however forgot to bring it in, etc. They call, ask for the game, whether it's in stock (sometime they don't) and/or just ask for the price. Then it's just a quick PM.

There's a lot of stores that were supposed to close but the company decided to keep them open (my store included)... the fate of those stores will be decided after 4th quarter, yes.

[quote name='Scorch']There's a lot of stores that were supposed to close but the company decided to keep them open (my store included)... the fate of those stores will be decided after 4th quarter, yes.[/QUOTE]

this is gr8 news. and ithink sales that they are doing should surely be boosting the sales for w/e stores that they are keeping open.

[quote name='Scorch']There's a lot of stores that were supposed to close but the company decided to keep them open (my store included)... the fate of those stores will be decided after 4th quarter, yes.[/QUOTE]

I'm sorry to hear that Scorch. I hope everything works out then.

I picked up re5 at that sale if u dont have mvp just ask one of the employees if they seem kool they might let u use thier card or number and there u go though has anyone gotten Mvp plus and how has that worked out i have regular mvp

Hope everything works out for you.

I called the closest store yesterday to see if they had MP Trilogy in stock. The guy that answered the phone told me they had just closed the store for good the night before.

There's still another store about 15 miles from me. Trying hard to resist driving out there for it!

Picked up Metroid Prime Trilogy and Super Smash Bros. Brawl for yesterday, but the only copies of Punch Out! left were the gutted display copies which I chose not to buy.
Thanks OP!

Finally Prototype for PS3. Wish the price was as good as what the 360 version was but whatever. I'll have to look for it later in the week. Thanks for heads up too Scorch, as usual.

Picked up Ghostbusters and Red Faction. Both games I beat earlier this year than Goozexed. Great price though so had to get them again.

I don't know why, but I get emails with these deals in them and I've printed them out and used them at BB before. The emails are like the GS ones, just an electronic ad. Might look into it if you want to price match.

OMG, GameCrazy has a lot of good prices. AHH, I just spent $400 on the MW2 bundle and now all these games are so cheap I might have to go buy 2 or 3. Ghostbusters and FNR4 are very tempting.

the sale is over for a lot of games today. everything except ghostbusters, prototype, punch-out, and resident evil 5 have returned to their full price. glad to help you guys score some great deals!

[quote name='Scorch']the sale is over for a lot of games today. everything except ghostbusters, prototype, punch-out, and resident evil 5 have returned to their full price. glad to help you guys score some great deals![/QUOTE]

Appreciate your help as always in posting here and letting us know, Scorch, but I am still puzzled why GC Corporate seems to do these amazing sales ad-hoc. I was planning on going after work to pick up MPT today, but seems that the sale price is no longer available.

Do they have some criteria to decide when they should pull the plug???

Guess that includes EA Active as well Scorch?

[quote name='Scorch']the sale is over for a lot of games today. everything except ghostbusters, prototype, punch-out, and resident evil 5 have returned to their full price. glad to help you guys score some great deals![/QUOTE]

[quote name='jkimrey']Guess that includes EA Active as well Scorch?[/QUOTE]

"everything" is pretty all-inclusive, so yes.

Appreciate your help as always in posting here and letting us know, Scorch, but I am still puzzled why GC Corporate seems to do these amazing sales ad-hoc. I was planning on going after work to pick up MPT today, but seems that the sale price is no longer available.

Do they have some criteria to decide when they should pull the plug???

I'd like to think that they're aware of me posting these deals and they do it just for us, but I know that's not the case. I don't know why they're doing these one or two week sales, but I love them. Besides, it's not like I won't update you guys if it falls on my desk, you know? If I read/hear about it, you guys will too.

bread's done
Back