Weekend gaming: Looong Thanksgiving Edition (11/22-11/26)

daroga

CAGiversary!
Feedback
95 (100%)
Well, what's on your gaming plate this weekend?

A former roommate of mine from college is flying in tomorrow to spend the holiday with us. We'll likely be playing Excite Truck, Monkey Ball, and Wii Sports multiplayer. If I can find one more person and more remote, we could have 4 player tennis in our tiny apartment. Fantastic! ;)

If I can sneak it in, I'll be doing somemore Zelda, but I don't relish playing single player games myself while company is here. But if he wants to go at it, he can have free reign.

The DS might get a little love. Want to check out Yoshi's Island DS to see where I fall on the rather mixed-bag of reviews its gotten. And then there's Ouendan.

So, summary:
Excite Truck
Super Monkey Ball: BB
Wii Sports
Zelda: Twilight Princess (maybe)
Ouendan
Yoshi's Island DS

I'll be playing Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance 2 (PS2) with the wife. Once we beat it, I'm not sure what I'll be moving on to. Possibly FFXII? Not sure. Too many games to choose from.

I was planning on a weeklong binge of Call of Duty 3, Gears of War, Tiger Woods 2007, and NHlL2K7, but since that all went to shit, I'll probably go back to my on-again, off-again fling with Stella Deus. And some Guitar Hero 2, and probably some Thanksgiving Day Mega Man 3, which is a personal tradition for me.

All for 360:

Gears of War
F.E.A.R.
Rainbow Six Vegas
Small Arms
Smackdown vs. RAW '07
and maybe some Splinter Cell: Double Agent

I'll probably be playing some Bully (PS2) at work.

I'll be on the move so it'll be all DS for me. I've been saving Phoenix Wright to play this weekend. :)

I've been really into Dragon Quest VIII the past week or so, but that will have to be put on hold.

I wish I was visiting someone that had a brand new Wii or PS3, but no such luck.

Weekend starts tonight for me, but probably not much gaming till my first day off tomorrow. I predict plenty of Trauma Center: SO and Wii Sports tomorrow and whatever time is available Thursday and Friday.

Friday is Wii Party day, so more Wii Sports, Madden, Excite Truck, and probably Red Steel and/or Marvel: UA.

If I finish Trauma Center this weekend (no clue how long it is), I will get started with Zelda immediately after.

The Wii has actually managed to pull my gaming attention back to the TV over my DS.

My long weekend already started, as my company is shutdown all week. Probably going to be general Wii playing (working on single player Super Monkey Ball) and DS playing (was working on Elite Beat Agents, but got distracted with Clubhouse Games).

If I get back to my Xbox, I'll work on Halo some more. If I get back to my PS2, I'll work on Okami. Man, too many things to play.

Yoshi's Island 2, Pokemon Ranger, Twilight Princess, Red Steel, and maybe, maybe another Wii game depending on how I feel tonight in CC.

Some Zelda, then some more Zelda, with some Zelda on top of that after a little Zelda, perhaps some more Zelda after that, then I'll take a break from Zelda and play some Zelda and when I get sick of Zelda, I'm gonna pop in Zelda again.

then some Trauma Center, perhaps some Wii Sports, Smash Bros and CvS2 with the family and friends...

then get back to Zelda.

twilight princess, lots and lots of twilight princess with some Gears thrown in there are some guitar hero 2 on the side

Call of Duty 2 (360)
Gears of War (co-op with my brother)
Phoenix Wright
Sid Meier's Pirates! (PC)

And probably a game or two of Madden and NBA 2K7.

At home:
Final Fantasy X
Lego Star Wars II

If I finish either or both of those I'll move on to Okami and/or FFXII.

I'm having Thanksgiving dinner with friends so there will probably be some Mario Party or Smash Bros. involved at some point.

eesh... i feel spoiled. i've been off since last thursday and won't come back in 'till monday.

anyhoo, i'll be playing ds, gamecube/wii, possibly xbox.

specifically? elite beat agents and clubhouse games, mario party 4/wii sports, karaoke revolution party

I have Splinter Cell:DA as a rental. I'm going to try to beat that.
Gun I'm going to try get all of the achievements for it.

Thanksgiving will be spent playing sports games more then likely. Having a mini-tournament Between; My cousin, myself, and my brother-in-law.

All the family is together, all the cousins and what not so it should be alot of fun.

Gears of War
Tiger Woods 07
NBA 2k7
Marvel Ultimate Alliance
Tony Hawk

Possibly some Wii action if someone in the family gets their hands on one.

Working on getting my chars in DDS 2 up to 99 and take on Satan hopefully. Still looking for DDS 1 that is not on ebay and is a resonable price (yeah right). Might play Okami this weekend when my friend comes over.

Found a copy of CoD3 for Wii at Blockbuster, so rented that... changes my gaming plans slightly to check this out in place of Trauma Center for now.

back home with the family this week so nothing but multiplayer games cept for one.

call of duty 3
gears of war
madden
nba 2k7
and some guitar hero 1.

Oh yeah, forgot that a few of my cousins also have DSes, so I think there will be 3-4 of us for some multi-player. Should be a blast, although I sold off the game we had the most fun with last time (New Super Mario Bros.) but I think one of them may have bought it in the interim.

Family get togethers are actually the only time I've ever played any multi-player DS. :lol:

Mini Smash Fest with a good friend of mine. Then I'll proly do my daily routine of Animal Crossing. Maybe play some of my other DS games, but I'll most likely be chillaxin instead.

Well, I've got Wed-Sun to play. I love parent teacher conferences and Thanksgiving break :p.

I feel really guilty having all the high profile games (Twilight Princess, Gears of War, and Final Fantasy XII) and not reall playing them. I'll be playing primarily Viva Pinata, Wii Sports, and Final Fantasy III.

Brought my 360 home along with

- Gears
- Fear
- Madden 07
- Sneak King
- Pocketbike racers
- Splinter Cell DA

Looks like I have lots of playing to do :D (no work this week...woo!)

Only 3 games this weekend.

Gears of War- only to get the Insane and Hardcore achievments and to brush on my online play to get ready of the CAG tournament.

Splinter Cell: DA - I just got this and it kicks some ass. I should beat it this weekend.

Guitar Hero II - I need to get better so me and the guys will play until we get carpal tunnel.

It all depends on if I have to actually go to work on Friday but probably what I have now:

Battlefield 2: Modern Combat 360
Saints Row 360
Possibly some other 360 games I buy on Friday or this weekend.

F.E.A.R. (almost done!)
Gears of War
Call of Duty 3
Small Arms
Oblivion (thanks to the new content)
Ridge Racer 6 (Happy 1st, Xbox 360!)
Sneak King
Big Bumpin'
Sega Genesis Collection
...and probably start the yearly Christmas Nights present quest.

*whew* Where do I begin?

Let's see... more Final Fantasy XII, Trauma Center: Second Opinion, and I just opened my copy of Under Defeat LE (I bought the thing 4 fuckin' months ago) so I'm playing that as well. All are fantastic.

going to finish off prince of persia: two towers (best in the series by an incredible degree, imo) and FINALLY going to crack open star wars: republic commando. maybe a bit of pirates! in between. looking to be a good weekend, in terms of gaming.

I'm going to rage on FF12 as long as I can over the weekend, then when I feel like laying down, play some Mario & Luigi Partners in Time.

I've already been playing the 360 I just bought a bunch since I have a break from 11/22 til 11/28. Played a lot of Burnout Revenge already, and some Kameo. I will probably finish those two and maybe some Perfect Dark Zero.

All for the 360:
Gears of War, mainly.
I should be getting DOA4, CoD2, and Fifa 07 tomorrow, so they're going to get sprinkled in as well.

Mosty Zelda and Wii Sports(Bowling mostly)

When the big screen is occupied I'm gonna try to finish Company of Heroes and then start on Dark Crusade..or play a little Phoenex Wright.

Zelda: Twilight Princess mostly, then CoD 3 and Monkey Ball (all for Wii), with F-Zero GX at the ready whenever I need some high speed racin'.

Man I've been playing Capcom Classics Collection Volume 2 all weekend. So far I've beaten Black Tiger, Strider, Street Fighter, 1941, Eco Fighters, and Knights of the Round. I've got Magic Sword next, I can't put this game down. What a deal for just $10 during Target's black Friday sale.

edit: Wow the King of Dragons is awesome. I never heard of this game until today.

bread's done
Back