Weekend Impulse Buys: Games you know! World of Goo, Braid and more

I'm interested, just not sure about the Impulse client. Anyone know how much, if any, problems it causes?

I've had no problems with impulse- vista 64
you can use it simply as a nonobtrusive downloader. For most (maybe all?) games it doesn't need to be active to play the game at any point after install.

I've had no problems with impulse- vista 64
you can use it simply as a nonobtrusive downloader. For most (maybe all?) games it doesn't need to be active to play the game at any point after install.

I downloaded Impulse for Demigod and I've been impressed with it. No issues at all, and it's pretty user friendly. I'm all over Braid for $10, and Puzzle Quest is tempting too. I'm half tempted with World of Goo as well, even though I have the Wii version. Seems like the controls would be better for PC.

I can vouch for Impulse as well. I have been using it for a while for Sins of a Solar Empire and haven't had any trouble with it on Vista x64. They don't have as many games or features as STEAM, but it is a solid DD program.

I'm very tempted to get World of Goo and Braid.

In for Galatrix. I hear it's not as good as Puzzle Quest 1 but I absolutely LOVED that game so i'll live with it.

PS Impulse is awesome. no problems with it whatsoever

Hey.

I'VE HEARD OF THOSE!

Well, not Trainz, but close enough.

[quote name='Fire_Thief']If I get Braid, will it give me a code for the 360 version or somethin'?[/QUOTE]

Guess no one told you: it came to PC.

I am seriously surprised at Impulse for putting popular games on sale. I wonder if they read the last thread here...

Ooh...unless there's something more interesting tomorrow for the Steam Weekend Deal, then I'll bite on Droplitz. I've been considering picking that one up on Steam. Unlike $10, $5 is cheap enough to buy...on impulse. Ahem.

I've been pretty diehard in only buying my digital games on Steam (not because I'm a Steam fanboy or because I dislike Impulse or Gamersgate or what-have-you. Steam was just the digital distribution service I hopped on first, and I would really, really rather only use one, if at all posisble), but I have been wanting Droplitz, so, yeah. I already do have an Impulse account, and the only game I have on it is Space Rangers 2.

[quote name='chuckywang']Any new features of Braid in the PC version not in the XBLA version?[/QUOTE]
Nope.

might grab world of goo. Thanks for post.
151l1259.jpg

If I didn't already own World of Goo (for PC and Wii) as well as Braid, I would be all over this. Those are truly two of the best games of the past few years. Both come highly, highly recommended to anyone who hasn't picked them up yet.

[quote name='DukeEdwardI']Tempted to get Braid, but I think I'd rather wait til it's $5.[/QUOTE]

World of Goo was $5 a while back, as a Steam Weekend Deal. So that probably will happen sooner or later. It's all a question of whether your frugality outweighs your impatience.

[quote name='mokmoof']World of Goo was $5 a while back, as a Steam Weekend Deal. So that probably will happen sooner or later. It's all a question of whether your frugality outweighs your impatience.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I got World of Goo during the holiday sale when it was $15. I also got Defense Grid when it was $15. Both of those went down to $5 just a couple months after I got them. This is why I'm choosing to wait.

bread's done
Back