Weekly ads for BB, CC, Target (10/17 - 10/23)

Wario64

CAGiversary!
Feedback
12 (100%)
Best Buy

PS2

2 for $30
Midway Arcade Treasures 2
GTA:VC
Midnight Club 2
Dynasty Warriors 4
Socom 2
Ratchet & Clank 2
Jak 2

$49.99 (Free $10 gift card with purchase of any game)
Men of Valor
Shadow Hearts 2
Tony Hawk's Underground 2
Mortal Kombat Deception

Xbox

2 for $30
Cabelas Dangerous Hunts
Tony Hawk's Underground
True Crime

GC

$99.99
Gamecube Metroid Prime bundle (includes $75 in Best Buy coupons)

2 for $30
Sonic Adventure 2 Battle
Simpsons Hit & Run
Draonbal Z Budokai

PC

$39.99
Rome Total War

$29.99
Madden 2005

$24.99
Larry Suit Larry
Rise of Nations
Call of Duty
Call of Duty United Offensive

Circuit City

PS2

$49.99
Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2005 (Buy 2 EA games, get 1 free)
FIFA Soccer 2005 (Buy 2 EA games, get 1 free)
Def Jam Fight for NY (/w $10 GC)

$39.99
Tak2 (w/ $10 GC)
Madden 2005 (Buy 2 EA games, get 1 free)
NBA Live 2005 (Buy 2 EA games, get 1 free)

$19.99
Outlaw Golf 2
8mb memory card 1st party

$16.99
ESPN NBA 2K5

$14.99
Spongebob Squarepants
Smackdown Here comes the pain

Xbox

$49.99
Def Jam Fight for NY (/w $10 GC)

$39.99

$19.99

$14.99
ESPN NBA 2K5

GC

$99.99
Gamecube console (free 2nd controller with purcahse. 1st party, black, indigo or spice)

$49.99
Paper Mario 2

$39.99
Tak2 (w/ $10 GC)
WWE Day of Reckoning

GBA

$29.99
Tak 2

$24.99
Kirby The Amazing Mirror

PC

$49.99
The Sims 2 (w/ $10 GC)
Tribes Vengeance

$19.99
Law & Order 3
Tournament Poker

Target

PS2

$49.99
Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2005
Mortal Kombat Deception
FIFA Soccer 2005
Star Wars Battlefront

$34.88
Spiderman 2
Tak 2
X-Men Legends

$24.88
Driv3r
Shrek 2

$15.88
Spongebob Squarepants
Socom 2
Ratchet & Clank 2
Jak 2

Xbox

$49.99
Mortal Kombat Deception
FIFA Soccer 2005
Star Wars Battlefront

$34.88
Spiderman 2
Tak 2
X-Men Legends

$24.88
Halo
Shrek 2
Driv3r

$15.88
Spongebob Squarepants

GC

$49.99

$34.88
Tales of Symphonia
Spiderman 2
Tak 2
X-Men Legends

$24.88
Shrek 2

$15.88
Spongebob Squarepants

GBA

$24.88
Kirby The Amazing Mirror
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2
That's so Raven
Lizzy Mcguire 2
Tony Hawk's Underground 2
Drabonballz Buu's Fury

[quote name='punqsux']mat 2 and jak 2 for $25 after GCC?[/quote]

Since combined they would be $15 I would assume the cmbos would be ineligable for the GGC. But it's worht a shot!

Anyone know how much Driv3r is actually selling for at Target? On their site they list it at 50, which would make it a phenomenal rain check, or it might mean that it is one of the "Check other stores" ones.

Man I wish I wasn't strapped for cash. I would jump on that Tales of Symphonia deal, but I had to buy Paper Mario. Oh well, Paper Mario rules so it's all good.

[quote name='Admiral Ackbar'][quote name='punqsux']mat 2 and jak 2 for $25 after GCC?[/quote]

Since combined they would be $15 I would assume the cmbos would be ineligable for the GGC. But it's worht a shot![/quote]

They usually don't allow that, since it tends to fall into the "other offers" exclusion on the GGC.

When they do ring them up, BB has sometimes done it where one game is the normal price and the other one is the difference between the 1st game and the sale price on both. One would be $19.99 and the other would be $10.01. Might pull of a GGC on one of the games.

[quote name='FaintDeftone']Paper Mario rules [/quote]

Agreed. I picked up both ToS and PM2 from my game rush this week with their new promotion. Love both of them. Paper Mario is one of the funniest games i played in a while.

The game is easily worth $35. Also if you're lucky, you can take a Target ad to Best Buy/Circuit City and have it price matched, and get it for about $30 after tax, if they take the 10% difference off and allow you to use the GGC(some CC allow you to use these from what I've heard). I might try to do that with Tales of Symphonia.

Thanks as usual Wario64.

[quote name='Tromack']Anyone know how much Driv3r is actually selling for at Target? On their site they list it at 50, which would make it a phenomenal rain check, or it might mean that it is one of the "Check other stores" ones.[/quote]

If it's $50, the raincheck may fall into the same vein as the Wind Waker raincheck, which is 67% off. The WW raincheck doesn't have a substitution clause on it, and all of the rainchecks I've picked up in the last few days have had a "We found this possibly at the following other stores" text at the bottom of the raincheck.

This will be a big week for me.

34.88 for X-Men and Tales of Symphonia
2 for 20 with Midway Arcade Treasures 2 and Ratchet and Clank 2

[quote name='cognitive77']This will be a big week for me.

34.88 for X-Men and Tales of Symphonia
2 for 20 with Midway Arcade Treasures 2 and Ratchet and Clank 2[/quote]

2 for $20? How're you figuing that one?

I may have to try and get some rain checks to help me out through my layoff period. Rainchecks work on everything in the store, right? Or did the fix them and put it to specific departments?

Damn, no specials on Xbox or GCN version of Midway Arcade 2?

Guess I can just make my own special with the GGC.

[quote name='craven_fiend']I may have to try and get some rain checks to help me out through my layoff period. Rainchecks work on everything in the store, right? Or did the fix them and put it to specific departments?[/quote]

It used to say similar items i.e. a shirt for a shirt, a camera for a camera. Although, after this WindWaker deal, I don't know if it still says it. Oh well, I'm going to try.

[quote name='shrike4242'][quote name='Tromack']Anyone know how much Driv3r is actually selling for at Target? On their site they list it at 50, which would make it a phenomenal rain check, or it might mean that it is one of the "Check other stores" ones.[/quote]

If it's $50, the raincheck may fall into the same vein as the Wind Waker raincheck, which is 67% off. The WW raincheck doesn't have a substitution clause on it, and all of the rainchecks I've picked up in the last few days have had a "We found this possibly at the following other stores" text at the bottom of the raincheck.[/quote]

Since it would be 60% off (assuming a $50 everyday price), it may work for a good raincheck. At the very least it will be interesting to see and get a better idea of what the cutoff is. Also, it will depend on getting enough people to actually buy Driv3r so it is sold out.

:shock: ackk i got Halo for $30 at BB like a few weeks ago!!

anyone know what their policy for returns are?

or their pricematch policies?

[quote name='Tromack'][quote name='craven_fiend']I may have to try and get some rain checks to help me out through my layoff period. Rainchecks work on everything in the store, right? Or did the fix them and put it to specific departments?[/quote]

It used to say similar items i.e. a shirt for a shirt, a camera for a camera. Although, after this WindWaker deal, I don't know if it still says it. Oh well, I'm going to try.[/quote]

I picked up two rainchecks, one for SRS and one for WindWaker. The SRS raincheck had the sub text on it, the WW one didn't.

[quote name='mickeyho13']:shock: ackk i got Halo for $30 at BB like a few weeks ago!!

anyone know what their policy for returns are?

or their pricematch policies?[/quote]

BB PM policy is within 30 days of purchase, from a local vendor within a 25 mile distance of the area, who has the item in-stock, with a print copy of the price from that vendor.

If so, then you get difference + 10% if after the fact, PM at time of purchase.

The 2 for $30 looks promising at Best Buy, but I'll wait for the Toys'R'Us sale. I stopped by today to check out their selection, and it seems okay. I'm still waiting for them to stock Katamari Damacy, though.

Thanks Wario!

I hate the fact that CC sells the game for 10 bucks over the MSRP and gives away a 10 dollar gift card.

i traded in my halo about 6 months ago, this looks like a great chance to pick it up again and get another nun through the game before the beauty of halo 2 comes out

Ok on this "raincheck" thing...

Basically if they don't have a sale item at Target, you get the same percentage discount on another game? How would you explain this to the clerk? Is this policy written in the ad somewhere?

[quote name='el bobo']Halo, Shrek 2, and Driv3r might all be great rainchecks...[/quote]

yea! also a good deal on Halo for those wanting it cheap, that's as good as it gets, also you can try and PM at Best buy and use a Driv3r 5 bucks off coupon from the madden book a while back, the one with the 5 bucks off XBL, you could use the xbl coupon for that matter.

CC's price on Driv3r is $49.99. BB's price on Driv3r is $49.99.

If Target has it for $15.88, then you can pick it up on PM at $12.47.

Just a thought if you've been holding off on Driv3r.

[quote name='shrike4242']CC's price on Driv3r is $49.99. BB's price on Driv3r is $49.99.

Just a thought if you've been holding off on Driv3r.[/quote]

Nice tip :D

CCs PM policy is much friendlier than BBs. So I would go there if you have one near you. (BB doesn't give you the + 10% unless you buy the game at full price - $50, leave the store, and then come back in with your receipt for the PM at the customer service desk. Pain in the cheap ass.)

[quote name='wubb'][quote name='shrike4242']CC's price on Driv3r is $49.99. BB's price on Driv3r is $49.99.

Just a thought if you've been holding off on Driv3r.[/quote]

Nice tip :D

CCs PM policy is much friendlier than BBs. So I would go there if you have one near you. (BB doesn't give you the + 10% unless you buy the game at full price - $50, leave the store, and then come back in with your receipt for the PM at the customer service desk. Pain in the cheap ass.)[/quote]

That's why I slipped up to CC and picked up Driv3r and Shrek 2, for PM's tomorrow, and return my unopened copy of Driv3r back to Target. No question about it if I buy it today and PM it tomorrow.

CC PM tends to be OK with a copy of the print ad, and they usually don't choose to call. The BB's in my local area only call the nearest physically closest store, so I avoid them like the plague for PM's.

[quote name='axylfyre']can you get just 1 of the 2 for 30 deals and still get it at the right price? THUG is lookin real good[/quote]

CC and BB usually make you buy both on the same receipt. It will say so in the ad. However, Target will often let you get away with only buying one. I've returned individual items I bought in these "buy 2 for XX$" deals at BB, and they've given me a refund (pro-rated, of course), with no trouble. Not sure about CC. This is always YMMV, but it's worth a shot. You could always just return both if they won't let you return one.

[quote name='Admiral Ackbar']X-men legends for $35 looks good.[/quote]

Even better if you price match it at CC or BB, should come out to $33.xx or something.

tempting...very tempting.

bread's done
Back