Weezer Appreciation Thread - Pork and Beans - EPIC VIDEO! Views: 2,671,328

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='Duke Vandal']Weezer is still a great band. Rivers is still an incredible songwriter.

However.

What I fell in love with about the early Weezer stuff (Blue/Pink) was the honesty of it all. The desperate screams scattered throughout Pinkerton, the fact that Rivers was brutally honest with himself lyrically, the delightful imperfectness of the harmonization- listen to The Good Life, that essentially optimizes why I fell in love with Weezer. Nowadays, the songs they put out are pleasant enough, but lack the emotional punch that their first two records provided. Example: listen to Don't Let Go and No Other One, back to back. It's like listening to someone read a song off of a sheet of paper, and then listening to someone pour their heart out into what they sing.

That all being said, I think their post-Pinkerton albums were rather good, just not by early Weezer standards.[/QUOTE]

Quoted for mutha fucken truth!

Amazon has added a preview of the fist single from the new album. The song is called "Pork and Beans" and the full track is to be released April 22nd.

http://www.amazon.com/Pork-And-Bean..._1_95?ie=UTF8&s=dmusic&qid=1208043442&sr=1-95

It sounds really great from the little you actually hear. It sounds very Pinkerton/Maladroit in my opinion.
And Amazon has thew new album incorrectly labeled as "Pork and Beans," which it isn't. That's only the song title.

http://www.weerez.com/atnw/weezer_pork_n_beans_preview.mp3

It sounds a little weird.

418ulvS3DTL._SS500_.jpg

sounds like classic weezer, If your any sort of fan of weezer you'll like it, if you hate Weezer, you'll continue to hate them.

[quote name='SeanAmI122886']Thanks for the link
Where are you finding this by the way?[/quote]

I'm holding Rivers head against the mic with a gun pressed against his ear.

Then I made made him sing.

You're welcome.

[quote name='Zen Davis']I'm holding Rivers head against the mic with a gun pressed against his ear.

Then I made made him sing.

You're welcome.[/QUOTE]

Heh
Thanks anyway

The full version of "Pork and Beans" is also streaming from the front page of the Weezer site as well.

And it totally kicks ass!

I like the automatic remix more. The guitar tone on the remix is fantastic and I'm sure the original will be much more kickass.

Original Automatic:

[media]http://youtube.com/watch?v=ILxNSCjDdlo[/media]

They have a lot of work to do to win me back after Make Believe. It wasn't a bad album instrumentally, but the lyrics were absolutely awful. "You're my best friend and I love you?" Really? That's not good, man. I'm not really digging the new tracks so far, either.

[quote name='evilmregg']They have a lot of work to do to win me back after Make Believe. It wasn't a bad album instrumentally, but the lyrics were absolutely awful. "You're my best friend and I love you?" Really? That's not good, man. I'm not really digging the new tracks so far, either.[/QUOTE]

That song was for the "Shrek" soundtrack. Rivers felt it wasn't finished when the film was released, so he held on to the song and polished it up. Does it seem to simple, happy, and cute? Well, yes it does. I was actually shocked it made it to Make Believe as I figured the song would have been scrapped after the film came out.

As for you not liking new stuff, I can't really explain that. If you don't then you don't. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. I think they rock. Really pumped about the new album.

[quote name='dank']timbaland knows how to top the charts
maybe i should work with him so i can perfect the art

lol[/quote]

The record company got on his ass and made him write a Top 40 hit single. The lyrics are sarcasm mixed with airing out his complaints... in a Top 40 hit single.

Deluxe Edition (CD with special packaging; iTunes):

1. Troublemaker
2. The Greatest Man That Ever Lived (Variations on a Shaker Hymn)
3. Pork and Beans
4. Heart Songs
5. Everybody Get Dangerous
6. Dreamin’
7. Thought I Knew
8. Cold Dark World
9. Automatic
10. The Angel and the One
11. Miss Sweeney
12. Pig
13. The Spider
14. King

That cover sucks. I like the red and the font and the fact it's the band on the cover but only the second dude from the left looks like he is in Weezer. The others look lame and out of place.

[quote name='javeryh']That cover sucks. I like the red and the font and the fact it's the band on the cover but only the second dude from the left looks like he is in Weezer. The others look lame and out of place.[/quote]

Do you know that everyone in the band sings lead at least once during the album? Besides the ridiculousness is what makes it awesome.

Also Scott and Brian really do dress up like that. It's their natural clothes. Only Pat and Rivers are dressed up.

41QCBDEJXGL._SS500_.jpg

41Dghvx3uwL._SS500_.jpg

41QMJM0633L._SS500_.jpg
51D3H0WY6HL._SS500_.jpg
61CR9J69WJL._SS500_.jpg

681d36ae-df45-48ea-b489-221abf9d1b66.jpg

n1335180273_30487697_5280.jpg

weezerinbruges.jpg

[quote name='Zen Davis']Do you know that everyone in the band sings lead at least once during the album? Besides the ridiculousness is what makes it awesome.[/quote]

I hate when bands do that. Just let the singer sing.

I'm also all in favor of a ridiculous picture of the band for the cover but IMO the Green Album and Blue Album do it perfectly whereas the Red Album is lame. Sorry!

[quote name='javeryh']That cover sucks. I like the red and the font and the fact it's the band on the cover but only the second dude from the left looks like he is in Weezer. The others look lame and out of place.[/QUOTE]

It's funny you should say that as that guy, Pat (drummer), really looks the same even going back to the blue album. He looks more well-groomed but it's crazy how much he hasn't aged. Meanwhile, Brian (guitar, keyboard) is rocking a beard, which suits him because he always has had the whole George Harrison thing going. Scott (the bassist, farthest to the right) looks the same as he always has. Of course, he has only been on one other album cover because he is relatively new. Rivers looks good, definitely older. He has been rocking the mustache for a while so I'm not shocked he still has it for the cover. And for the record, if Maladroit had the band on the cover, Rivers would have had a full beard.

[quote name='javeryh']I hate when bands do that. Just let the singer sing.

I'm also all in favor of a ridiculous picture of the band for the cover but IMO the Green Album and Blue Album do it perfectly whereas the Red Album is lame. Sorry![/quote]

You know that's Pat singing in Automatic right?

And it sounds quite good. Here is the remix again.

http://www.mediafire.com/?c9demmbnsxz

I know Pat and Brian each have a song on the album. Pat has Automatic. I'm not sure which is Brian's. And Scott sings lead on one as well. The thing is that all of these guys can sing pretty well on their own so I'm not too worried.

Scott singing Dope Nose live.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/wxdemq

[quote name='Zen Davis']You know that's Pat singing in Automatic right?

And it sounds quite good. Here is the remix again.

http://www.mediafire.com/?c9demmbnsxz

I know Pat and Brian each have a song on the album. Pat has Automatic. I'm not sure which is Brian's. And Scott sings lead on one as well. The thing is that all of these guys can sing pretty well on their own so I'm not too worried.[/QUOTE]

Plus, Pat already sings in his band, The Special Goodness, and they rock. Brian sings in both The Relationship and The Space Twins. And, Scott sings Dope Nose whenever they do the song live. So, no worries in the singing department.

And "Automatic" totally kicks ass.

[quote name='R1V3R5']Plus, Pat already sings in his band, The Special Goodness, and they rock. Brian sings in both The Relationship and The Space Twins. And, Scott sings Dope Nose whenever they do the song live. So, no worries in the singing department.

And "Automatic" totally kicks ass.[/quote]

http://www.sendspace.com/file/wcitmp

And there is Brian Bell doing Getchoo live.

Pat Wilson also co-wrote Surf Wax America and The World Has Turned And Left Me Here.

As well as Lemonade.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i_MHy2_PLyk[/media]

And Lullabye for Wayne.

511wqL7MW7L._SS500_.jpg

[quote name='Zen Davis CAG Douche']Hi everyone!

I'm Zen Davis, and I'd like to tell you all a little bit about myself!

First, I really like wrestling, especially Bret Hart. I have a Bret Hart plush toy that I masturbate on every night! Real men wear pink right?

Another thing I like to do is spoil wrestling results for other people. I think I'm really trendy and clever, so I piss upon the wrestling topics and all those who read them, even if they may be on the west coast or watch the show on Tivo, by spoiling the results right in the topic title where everyone can see!

I also think I'm a talented writer. You're all going to know me some day when my movie "Brutal" hits theaters. It's so original, it's about people getting hacked and slashed to pieces, oh you'll all just die when you see it!

One of the most important things you all need to understand is how important I am. So, in order to make sure more people see my posts, I have the most obnoxiously large sig on the internet. It's Zelda though, and everyone likes Zelda, so maybe they'll like me by association when they see the life-size map of Hyrule in my sig! I'm so clever.

Sometimes, I like thread crapping on other posts in the cag lifestyle & off-topic forum. Usually with a video, that only I find funny, or a witty anecdote that made my mom laugh earlier. Like the time I said that the midwest deserved to get hit by that earthquake! :lol: that was funny right?

Please though guys, learn to like me, I'm not so bad. I don't have any real friends, CAG is all I've got. Well, until Brutal comes out and I can leave all you dorks behind. JK. I don't want to get banned here like I did at the ROH boards.

Pay attention to meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!

Sorry for being such a douche, wait no I'm not! Ha ha-

~Ahmed!~

Neocisco rules! [/quote]

This deserves its own topic.

*thumbs Up!*

And which officials do I go to to report internet bullying/hasrassment? I'm going to press charges.

And get a restraining order while I'm at it.

Best version of Say It Ain't So
[MEDIA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YwRZeuwRSbo[/MEDIA]

Burndt Jam live
[MEDIA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UtPUSrEWySY[/MEDIA]
Gotta love that bass line

Are there any tour dates yet?
I'll be going just based on the possibility of seeing only in dreams live (plus other awesome songs)

New news: the red album sorta leaked. The first 8 tracks are out. They are decent... not anywhere near the early stuff but much better than Make Believe.

[quote name='mcgavin27']New news: the red album sorta leaked. The first 8 tracks are out. They are decent... not anywhere near the early stuff but much better than Make Believe.[/quote]

u sure they are real?

The notion that the leaked tracks are bad is heavy, heavy bullshit. The tracks and material are Weezer's best since their 2000 return and The Red Album is their third best album.

The Greatest Man That Ever Lived is as good as anything from the first two albums. The lyrics, although somewhat cheesy at times, are far and away better than the last three albums.

Everybody Get Dangerous is an awesome and catchy single in the making. The idea that Rivers used to go and stab roadkill and lick blood off of the knives with his friends is hilarious.

Troublemaker is also solid.

Heart Songs, Daydreamin', and Cold Dark World take a little while but they DO grow on you. The bridge for Heart Songs is fantastic.

Overall, give the album a few spins to grow on you.

EVERYBODY GET DANGEROUS

[MEDIA]http://youtube.com/watch?v=_zkRQhrwaK0[/MEDIA]

Ok, we get it; you are to Weezer what The Mana Knight is to the PS3. No need to get so god damn uppity when someone doesn't like the new, slightly less shitty, but still very much shitty, songs.

At first I wasn't really feeling the songs, but I pretty much agree with zen now after listening to them a couple more times.

I still need to listen to them some more to get a true feeling.

I haven't listened to it yet, but I love Weezer and will definitely pick up this album. W/ regards to their previous work, the first two were epic, the third was ok, the fourth sucked, and the last one was too Pop-py (seemed like Rivers didn't even write it.) From what you guys said, this one's going back to the old-school stuff, which is definitely awesome. Can't wait to hear it!

It's not exactly the same as the old school stuff. It's the extraneous stuff. The production. The mixing. The experimentation. They all make this album worth listening.

Brian Bell has the song "Thought I Knew" on the album. Pat Wilson has "Automatic". Scott sings lead on "Cold Dark World". Don't go into this expecting the Blue Album because you will be letdown. Go into this expecting a good album that will take a few spins for you to get into and you'll be more than satisfied.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back