Weird BitTorrent problem...

Moxio

CAGiversary!
Feedback
11 (100%)
Okay so I'm not a newbie to BitTorrent, but this has me puzzled.

I've found that I can only download ~30 KBPS in max traffic at one time. If I have multiple connections, they'll all add up to ~30. If I have one, it's at ~30. This can't be right.

3hd8.gif

1gr9.gif

2vv9.gif

In this example, the bottom is a popular Linux distro that should DEFINITELY have good speeds.

Any ideas? I'm stumped. I'm forwarding through port 32022. Port forwarding is correct. I'm using uTorrent (which says my ports are forwarded fine). My router is a D-Link DI-604.

Thanks.
M.

A lot of sites use trackers which limit download speeds based on how much you do or don't share. Is your share ratio low? It usually happens if you have a share ration under 1:1.

how long has this been going on for? and does it do this to all torrents or just some from a certain site? maybe u havent updated utorrent lately?

[quote name='Moxio']Alright I think one of your suggestions fixed the problem. I'm downloading at 90 KBPS now! Thx[/QUOTE]

Tell us what you did. :)

[quote name='SOSTrooper']Tell us what you did. :)[/QUOTE]

It was the sharing thing. I had been uploading at 5 KBPS by default, but upping it to 30 resulted in much faster speeds.

[quote name='Moxio']It was the sharing thing. I had been uploading at 5 KBPS by default, but upping it to 30 resulted in much faster speeds.[/QUOTE]

Yep, basically the more you give the more you get.

[quote name='Technique']Yep, basically the more you give the more you get.[/QUOTE]

It's strange because I could get away with it before. :lol:

uTorrent recently added a feature to make people share by capping their download if they cap their upload; that's what the "download limited" at the bottom of your one picture is referring to.

[quote name='Genocidal']uTorrent recently added a feature to make people share by capping their download if they cap their upload; that's what the "download limited" at the bottom of your one picture is referring to.[/QUOTE]

Aw ghey sauce. But I can't switch... uTorrent is pretty much Azureus without the high RAM need.

I know that if the file you're downloading has lots of seeds, it'll download very fast regardless of your upload rate or your ratio. But with low amount of seeds, it'll prioritize based on ratio.

[quote name='Moxio']Aw ghey sauce. But I can't switch... uTorrent is pretty much Azureus without the high RAM need.[/QUOTE]
hmm interesting, I might switch, since having Azureus running sometimes makes a game I'm playing choppy

and 5 kb/s upload speed... wow...

bread's done
Back