Weird Email

aphu9876

CAGiversary!
Feedback
8 (100%)
Has anyone ever gotten a strange email from a [email protected]? I got a jpeg from him that had pictures of me and my wife. Granted, whoever it was pulled our pictures from facebook since they were our profile pictures, but it was a little creepy nonetheless. I was just wondering if anyone else had ever had this experience. Thanks.

Creepy. Proly someone you know that dislikes you? What was the jpeg of? Anything violent, or sexual? If so I'm sure that law could intervene. Not that they would do much.

He's living in your attic, watching your every move with peepholes and cameras and is planning on attacking you and assuming your identity- he tried it with CSI Nick Stokes, but got thrown and jail. Now he's back out.

Run away and find Grissom, quick!

It wasn't reallly threatening or violent, it just had both of us and some weird question between the two of us "Who would I rather let the dogs on?" It also had vote buttons under our pictures. It is one of the stranger things I have gotten in my mailbox before.

[quote name='aphu9876']It wasn't reallly threatening or violent, it just had both of us and some weird question between the two of us "Who would I rather let the dogs on?" It also had vote buttons under our pictures. It is one of the stranger things I have gotten in my mailbox before.[/QUOTE]I dunno. I would consider that creepy and threatening. Did you anger anyone recently? Do the vote buttons lead to a link?

[quote name='aphu9876']It wasn't reallly threatening or violent, it just had both of us and some weird question between the two of us "Who would I rather let the dogs on?" It also had vote buttons under our pictures. It is one of the stranger things I have gotten in my mailbox before.[/quote]

Yikes--that does sound creepy.

I would look at the full headers and get an IP address and see who his ISP is. Then I would call the ISP and tell them that someone from this IP address was spaming and threatining people and tell them to shut him off or you will get the law involved.

[quote name='darthbudge']I would look at the full headers and get an IP address and see who his ISP is. Then I would call the ISP and tell them that someone from this IP address was spaming and threatining people and tell them to shut him off or you will get the law involved.[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't mention spamming they wouldn't care. But tell them someone you sorta know is sending violent emails to you, and then go file a police report.

Fun fact if it crosses state lines its a felony. Since most things on the internet cross state lines its almost always a felony.

[quote name='Graystone']I wouldn't mention spamming they wouldn't care. But tell them someone you sorta know is sending violent emails to you, and then go file a police report.

Fun fact if it crosses state lines its a felony. Since most things on the internet cross state lines its almost always a felony.[/QUOTE]

Unless he's in the attic as previously stated. Or maybe... RIGHT BEHIND YOU!

[quote name='aphu9876']it just had both of us and some weird question between the two of us "Who would I rather let the dogs on?"[/QUOTE]

Well who would you rather let the dogs in?!

You should reply to his e-mail with "Who let the dogs out!? Woof! Woof! Woof!" as the randomness, and the sheer stupidity of it will probably scare him off.

[quote name='aphu9876']It wasn't reallly threatening or violent, it just had both of us and some weird question between the two of us "Who would I rather let the dogs on?" It also had vote buttons under our pictures. It is one of the stranger things I have gotten in my mailbox before.[/quote]

BTW.. were the buttons active?

[quote name='Zenithian Legend']I've not got any letters from that email, but I have sent letters using that email.[/quote]
Ha ha ha!

The most original response yet!

bread's done
Back