Weird Rock Band 2 question re: DLC [Use RB Thread]

Status
Not open for further replies.

grundy

CAGiversary!
OK, I know XBOX live is down today and that's fine. I'm trying to play some songs on Rock Band 2 that I downloaded some time ago, but I get an error message saying that the content is not available?! WTF?

Um, I'm pretty damn sure that I downloaded these songs, therefore, it should be in my hard drive and ready to play. I used my MS points to PURCHASE the songs

Live being down should not have any sort of bearing on something contained in the hard drive

I've even tried disconnecting my Ethernet cable, but get the same message

So could anyone please explain WHY I am unable to access an item I PAID for? :bomb:

You likely downloaded them on another 360 console. You can use the license transfer tool to fix this, but it requires the xbox.com website, which is down now along with Xbox Live.

Actually, that does kind of make sense. I traded in my XB360 some time ago for the RE 5 red one, but I kept my 120GB hard drive from the old system and just attached it to the new system.

Ever since that purchase, whenever I turn on the system, it will connect me to Live, but I always get the message that it can't connect to Messenger. At the time I didn't care as long as I was on Live

It also explains why SOME of the DLC DOES work like the Iron Maiden songs

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back