Weird thing on my TRU run

Darthrook

CAGiversary!
I wanted to pick up 3 games in the $20 price range. So I got:

Rachet and Clank: Going Commando
Viewtiful Joe
Sly Cooper

So I go to pay for it and the total comes to $32.37. I was expecting it to be about $43. But Sly Cooper was on the Green Tag Sale making it $9.99. But it still didn't make any sense because it would then be 2 $20 games and then you would get the 9.99 one for free. But what happened was it gave me one of the $20 game for free and charged me for the other two. I wasn't about to argue with the guy about it...so i took my games and got outta there.

I don't know if you all can make this work for you somehow, but i thought I would share.

I was running register in Rzone today and same thing happen,a game droped to 19.99 but gave them a 39.99 game free

I do not think any of the TRU's near me have Sly, but for that price, I guess I am going to have to go back and look tomorrow

Oh, I thought you were going to say that someone right in front of you bought $30,000 worth of games. :D

might be a bug in the system or just a way around it, I might while at work tommor play with the register and try to make magic :) (our biggest seller for the 2 for 1 is Paper mario, we got 19 reserves for GTA:SA just today(from 10 am to 4 pm

[quote name='bradr']Oh, I thought you were going to say that someone right in front of you bought $30,000 worth of games. :D[/quote]

I had a guy come to my register and buy 6 set of games(that would be 18 games)

[quote name='ChrisXE'][quote name='bradr']Oh, I thought you were going to say that someone right in front of you bought $30,000 worth of games. :D[/quote]

I had a guy come to my register and buy 6 set of games(that would be 18 games)[/quote]

18's small time compared to 900+! We've actually had one person report that someone in front of them bought $30k worth of games. I couldn't make this stuff up if I tried.

[quote name='bradr'][quote name='ChrisXE'][quote name='bradr']Oh, I thought you were going to say that someone right in front of you bought $30,000 worth of games. :D[/quote]

I had a guy come to my register and buy 6 set of games(that would be 18 games)[/quote]

18's small time compared to 900+! We've actually had one person report that someone in front of them bought $30k worth of games. I couldn't make this stuff up if I tried.[/quote]

lol some dude did reserve 6 GTA:SA today :)

I thought about this deal a little more and I think what happens is that the register is programmed to do the B2G1 first then does the green tag sale second.

[quote name='ChrisXE']I was running register in Rzone today and same thing happen,a game droped to 19.99 but gave them a 39.99 game free[/quote]

Do you know when you guys are getting DOA:U? I really want to pick that up as my third game.

I'm curious; would the green tag Sly Cooper be the Greatest Hits version or the non-Greatest Hits version? Also, would it have the TRU tag over it, be marked Value Game, or just have the original casing?

This is what my receipt looked like from last night:

Maximo vs. Army Of Zin - $0.00
Xenosaga Ep. 1 - $19.99
Devil May Cry - $0.00
Ico - $14.99 (50% off green tag price of $29.98 )
Sly Cooper & The Thevious Racoonus - $9.99 (50% off green tag price of $29.98 )
Virtua Fighter 4 EVO - $19.99

Total price + tax - $68.91
Total savings - $64.93

Ended up getting $15 extra off with DMC and Maximo being the freebee's, since Sly Cooper was $9.99 instead of $19.99 and Ico was $14.99 instead of $19.99. Bonus $15.

[quote name='shrike4242']This is what my receipt looked like from last night:

Maximo vs. Army Of Zin - $0.00
Xenosaga Ep. 1 - $19.99
Devil May Cry - $0.00
Ico - $14.99 (50% off green tag price of $29.98 )
Sly Cooper & The Thevious Racoonus - $9.99 (50% off green tag price of $29.98 )
Virtua Fighter 4 EVO - $19.99

Total price + tax - $68.91
Total savings - $64.93

Ended up getting $15 extra off with DMC and Maximo being the freebee's, since Sly Cooper was $9.99 instead of $19.99 and Ico was $14.99 instead of $19.99. Bonus $15.[/quote]
not bad not bad at all

[quote name='Magician']I'm curious; would the green tag Sly Cooper be the Greatest Hits version or the non-Greatest Hits version? Also, would it have the TRU tag over it, be marked Value Game, or just have the original casing?[/quote]

Magician,

I believe this applies to both versions, though the only one I've seen is the non-GH version. I bought that one at the start of the green tag sale for $10. it was in the standard packaging, no Value Game sticker or TRU tag.

[quote name='bradr'][quote name='ChrisXE'][quote name='bradr']Oh, I thought you were going to say that someone right in front of you bought $30,000 worth of games. :D[/quote]

18's small time compared to 900+! We've actually had one person report that someone in front of them bought $30k worth of games. I couldn't make this stuff up if I tried.[/quote]

thats insane

Yeah, I was the one who witnessed the 30K purchase. I'm putting together a letter to send to TRU corporate about it.

[quote name='mink-e']Yeah, I was the one who witnessed the 30K purchase. I'm putting together a letter to send to TRU corporate about it.[/quote]

what are you going to say, he didnt do anything wrong, just bought alot of stuff

Hehe on my TRU run i got a Canadian version of Sled Storm for $5 on the green tag sale. It came complete with a slightly oversized French manual bundled to it.

Other weridness: in NYC, because some stores have high overhead, they were charging $55 on games like Star Ocean, La Pucelle and Shin MegaTen Nocturne. The store on Times Square was actually selling the X-Box MK: Deception Kollectors Edition for $65. Donkey Konga? Still $50.

[quote name='Nirvanaguy777'][quote name='mink-e']Yeah, I was the one who witnessed the 30K purchase. I'm putting together a letter to send to TRU corporate about it.[/quote]

what are you going to say, he didnt do anything wrong, just bought alot of stuff[/quote]

I don't think you read the original thread that related his story. The 30K guy was in there before opening hours because he had an "arrangement" with store management that allowed him to clean out the shelves before anyone else had a chance to see the stuff. I guess management didn't give the other customers a reasonable, verifiable excuse for this, so mink-e is writing a letter to TRU corporate about suspected underhanded dealings at his local franchise.

bread's done
Back