Weird Zune Break...

thamaster24

CAGiversary!
There are a lot of Zune threads, but they're all pretty old that I can see. Before you see the pics, know that I only use this Zune when it's hooked up to my xbox and when I'm going to sleep. The Zune is not covered for physical damage, but is this physical damage? The outside is in perfect condition something on the inside shattered.

This happened while I was driving and I'm sure I did nothing to it. Has anyone seen anything like this before? I'm going to send an email to microsoft, I doubt anything will happen, but this is stupid that it's not covered.

What the fuck happen to it? I would call just to see what I could get, unless you drop it or something where it is your fault. If it isn't, something is clearly wrong with it and it's a defect than.

need better pic :(

Anyways you must have dropped it somehow... See this is why I buy protective cases for anything small and expensive, from my cell phone to my ds. It might not prevent what you had, but it would minimize the damage. Heck i've dropped my cell phone a number of times and if it wasn't for the case padding it..then it would be in a few thousand pieces.

I'll take a better pic when I get back, and I assure you guys I didn't drop it. I can't really think of how this happened it was sitting in my pocket for about 30 mins then back on my desk. Didn't do anything to it, I didn't even drop it while I've had it. And I've had it for about 8 months

[quote name='thamaster24']I'll take a better pic when I get back, and I assure you guys I didn't drop it. I can't really think of how this happened it was sitting in my pocket for about 30 mins then back on my desk. Didn't do anything to it, I didn't even drop it while I've had it. And I've had it for about 8 months[/QUOTE]

ah ha......which pocket?

did you have keys or anything else like change in that same pocket?

[quote name='ITDEFX']ah ha......which pocket?

did you have keys or anything else like change in that same pocket?[/quote]

Nope, the only other thing was my wallet, and that was in my other pocket

there must have been some type of pressure applied to that area while you were driving. I hate to say it bud, but I don't think MS is going to cover this :(

[quote name='magiic']perhaps your pants are too tight?[/quote]

haha hell no...

I figured out what it was... I should have known this, my little brother did something to it, he finally admitted it. But it still puzzles me. The outside glass casing is not cracked and doesn't even have a scratch on it, however the inside is completely shattered.

[quote name='ITDEFX']there must have been some type of pressure applied to that area while you were driving. I hate to say it bud, but I don't think MS is going to cover this :([/quote]

Yeah, not even the credit card company covered it...

[quote name='ryan838']I thought I read something about zune screens cracking. I did some searching and I think this was the original article I read. Good luck.

http://www.engadget.com/2007/01/31/zune-screens-cracking-from-battery-pressure/[/QUOTE]

i just read this........... hmmm.................. well look at this possibility ... remember when people started complaining about the 360 problems and MS said it only effected a small percentage of 360 owners? fast forward to several months later........ now they are fixing them for free, extending warranties and so on. Not only that , they are quietly rolling out more efficient chips less prone to hardware failures.

So basically what will happen is they will eventually do a fix it for free program while not *admitting* a problem. This is because eventually people will threaten a class action lawsuit.

just prey for them to pull the 360 stunt.

[quote name='ITDEFX']i just read this........... hmmm.................. well look at this possibility ... remember when people started complaining about the 360 problems and MS said it only effected a small percentage of 360 owners? fast forward to several months later........ now they are fixing them for free, extending warranties and so on. Not only that , they are quietly rolling out more efficient chips less prone to hardware failures.

So basically what will happen is they will eventually do a fix it for free program while not *admitting* a problem. This is because eventually people will threaten a class action lawsuit.

just prey for them to pull the 360 stunt.[/quote]

I'm not going to buy another one until around black friday when there should be some deals. If there is a problem kind of like the 360 and I could get this one repaired that would be great...

I called again and asked about it for the last time. If anyone needs info on your warranty they only cover your zune if it stops working, no physical damage or tamporing can be done to it.

bread's done
Back