Welcome back McCarthyism!

I call bullshit.

What interlibrary request now requires or asks for a Social Security number? None that I've ever filled out.

I find it interesting that no names of the agents were asked for or given. You still have to identify yourself by ID if you're any kind of law enforcement officer. The student didn't think to ask? Even more interesting is that the reporter of this story never attempted to contact DHS and confirm the validity of this story, which agency now under the DHS umbrella is conducting this type of monitoring or questioning individuals requesting such books.

You'll also notice that all of this information is hearsay. Two professors saying they heard from a student that this or that happened. Reminds me of a famous Lionel Hutz quote, "We have plenty of hearsay and conjecture. Those are kinds of evidence.".

Complete media hoax.

I'm somewhere in between PAD and you, kinda 50/50 on whether I think its legit or not. But I wonder if any other libraries take social security numbers? I really want a visit. One of my favorite stories is the time my car spun across the highway doing a 360 at 70 mph and rammed the railing. This would easily top that. If they're able to check into my internet history they'll find all sorts of illicit website like hamasonline (unfortunately shut down a while ago), nambla, kkk, neo nazi sites etc. I've already got some commie books, unfortunately they're not on any record as I've had them for years.

bread's done
Back