Welcome to GGT #63's Putting Challenge. I am GGT. Now choose a club.

Status
Not open for further replies.
To be fair, Chac's favorite FPS is Tsukebe Schoolgirl Hunter: Tentacle Revenge, where train pervs shoot their ronery orgasms at underage females.

FPSes suck

SHMUPs suck

RPGs suck

jRPGs suck

WRPGs suck

RTSes suck

TPSes suck

Sports titles suck

Indie games suck

Arcade games suck

Fighters suck

ETC ETC

[quote name='Scorch']Same. They're calling for 2-3 inches of snow Saturday, though, so maybe it'll feel like it then.. but probably not.[/QUOTE]
They're saying the same for my place tonight. I'm bundling up. And on the topic of feeling Christmas-y, I feel sooo jolly! Man, I'm seriously traipsing through my halls bellowing Christmas Carols.

[quote name='DarkNessBear']Reading the ME2 demo comments from PS3 only owners makes me sick. It's like listening to some children after they watch Star Wars for the first time and hating on it because it's not like the new Star Trek movie.

Shut up... please...[/QUOTE]

That's odd, because I didn't hate the demo. I hated the first Mass Effect, but I didn't hate the Mass Effect 2 demo. I still say the series itself is overrated, however.

[quote name='gunm']Trollzama![/QUOTE]

WHAT?!?!?!?!?!

I did like that game that gunm described, but more seriously, COD4/MW/whatever you wanna call it is an incredibly poorly designed game. You're completely at the whims of your squadmates, and having dudes who can and will take out any potential threat to you basically saps all of the excitement out of shootouts. That, and shit comes at you from everywhere. That doesn't make the game interesting, it just makes it feel like a mess. It's like they just randomly placed sand $$$$ers all over the place and were like "yeah, that's good enough for our target audience of douchebags and rednecks."

And maybe it is. But I dunno. I just played through all dem Half Life 2 games, so maybe my standards for FPSes is a currently a little higher than "dog shit."

That's COD. no rhyme or reason to it, you're just supposed to take in the experience. after MW1 and 2's campaigns, I'm done with the series. There's like one cool moment in each game-- the sniper mission in MW1 and the snowmobiles in MW2.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']Perfect Dark 64> MW > your favorite FPS. :cool:[/QUOTE]Fixed. :cool:

[quote name='ihadFG']COD4 was awesome. And are people really calling it MW1 now?[/QUOTE]
Well people are pretty stupid.
----------------------
My birthday is this saturday! :bouncy:

I think the only FPSs I can genuinely still get into is Timesplitters and Killzone. Though I know they aren't for everyone, they're the few that play the way I like to play.

KZ2 was probably the only FPS I ever got intensely addicted to with multiplayer...

[quote name='Jesus_S_Preston']FPSes suck

SHMUPs suck

RPGs suck

jRPGs suck

WRPGs suck

RTSes suck

TPSes suck

Sports titles suck

Indie games suck

Arcade games suck

Fighters suck

ETC ETC[/QUOTE]

Angry Birds GOTY...

[quote name='Mr. Beef']Fixed. :cool:

Well people are pretty stupid.
----------------------
My birthday is this saturday! :bouncy:[/QUOTE]

Not sure If serious. Mines on Sunday. Day after Christmas. I hate it with a passion. When someone ever bought me gifts they always said it was for both.

I ordered Singularity from gamefly. I would have ordered Quantum Theory as well,but it is out of stock.

[quote name='jman619']Not sure If serious. Mines on Sunday. Day after Christmas. I hate it with a passion. When someone ever bought me gifts they always said it was for both. :bomb:

I ordered Singularity from gamefly. I would have ordered Quantum Theory as well,but it is out of stock.[/QUOTE]
I am serious. Jesus was born on my birthday, after all.

[quote name='Jesus_S_Preston']FPSes varies

SHMUPs are usually decent

RPGs is the worst genre ever.

jRPGs same as above.

WRPGs same as above.

RTSes suck

TPSes suck

Some Sports titles suck

Indie games suck

Arcade games rock

Fighters rock

ETC ETC[/QUOTE]

Fixed. :cool:

hmm... picked up Mass Effect 1 + 2, and Dead Rising 2 on Steam. Not sure when I'll play em (I already played through the MEs), but whatevs.

[quote name='ninja dog']are quad cores standard now? is there a current equivalent to the 8800gt (cheap, but able to run shit decently)?[/QUOTE]

What do you consider cheap?

[quote name='ninja dog']where can i read to get up to date on current PC hardware? I might want to build another rig soon.[/QUOTE]

Didn't you sell off all your consoles and build a super rig like a year ago?

I don't think you want less than a quad core for PC gaming these days. Seems like every two or three years when I am forced to look at new graphics cards, the specs change, but the price points are the same: $150-175 is for the decent "value-oriented" cards that'll play most everything at a reasonable framerate without destroying your wallet.

[quote name='ninja dog']are quad cores standard now? is there a current equivalent to the 8800gt (cheap, but able to run shit decently)?[/QUOTE]

You'll want a GTX 460/6850 or 6870 if you want cheap, Team Green or Team Red. If you wanna be true ballah hustler, go for a GTX 570 or 6950/6970.

I usually look at HardOCP because I think of Robocop every time I see that site's name.

Yes, quad cores are standard for anyone spending $100 or more on a processor. Totally get one. Or wait for Intel's Sandy Vagina or AMD's Bullshitdozer sometime next year.

gonna read these responses after i'm done making my bacon fried hashbrowns!

[quote name='Jimbo Slice']Didn't you sell off all your consoles and build a super rig like a year ago?[/QUOTE]

that was a couple years ago dude

Spent the evening playing vidya games and foosball with my brother, it's nice to be home sometimes. Now I'm watching The Wonder Years.

[quote name='Chacrana']I did like that game that gunm described, but more seriously, COD4/MW/whatever you wanna call it is an incredibly poorly designed game. You're completely at the whims of your squadmates, and having dudes who can and will take out any potential threat to you basically saps all of the excitement out of shootouts. That, and shit comes at you from everywhere. That doesn't make the game interesting, it just makes it feel like a mess. It's like they just randomly placed sand $$$$ers all over the place and were like "yeah, that's good enough for our target audience of douchebags and rednecks."

And maybe it is. But I dunno. I just played through all dem Half Life 2 games, so maybe my standards for FPSes is a currently a little higher than "dog shit."[/QUOTE]

The squad mates don't kill jack shit. Not sure what game you're playing, unless the PC version has drastically different squad mate behaviour.

Then again, if your idea of a good FPS is HL2, no wonder you don't like Calladuty. Radically different.
Personally, I rather liked MW and some of the other CoD games, but thought the HL2 games were average and, based upon the gratuitous praise they receive, vastly overrated.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']The squad mates don't kill jack shit. Not sure what game you're playing, unless the PC version has drastically different squad mate behaviour.

Then again, if your idea of a good FPS is HL2, no wonder you don't like Calladuty. Radically different.
Personally, I rather liked MW and some of the other CoD games, but thought the HL2 games were average and, based upon the gratuitous praise they receive, vastly overrated.[/QUOTE]

FEAR will always be #1 in my heart ^_^

Crysis is pretty high on the list too.

I also really like Rainbow Six Vegas

COD just doesn't have the same rhythm as those games do :(

I couldn't stand Crysis. It just wasn't fun.

"Hey, we're gonna give you this suit that gives you superpowers! Have fun using them for 2 seconds before they run out!"

[quote name='corrosivefrost']The squad mates don't kill jack shit. Not sure what game you're playing, unless the PC version has drastically different squad mate behaviour.

Personally, I rather liked MW and some of the other CoD games, but thought the HL2 games were average and, based upon the gratuitous praise they receive, vastly overrated.[/QUOTE]

I love both of those games, but for different reasons.

HL2 is great for story, characters, atmosphere, and the puzzles. The gravity gun is of course awesome as well.

COD4 (and MW2) are good for fun gunplay, a good challenge on Veteran, and overall awesome missions without many slow parts. The multiplayer is the main draw though of course in those games. (in which case I vastly prefer COD4)

[quote name='ihadFG']I couldn't stand Crysis. It just wasn't fun.

"Hey, we're gonna give you this suit that gives you superpowers! Have fun using them for 2 seconds before they run out!"[/QUOTE]

I kinda liked the limit. forced you to mix and match them to do creative shit. Like run in stealth, super punch through a roof, grab a dude by the neck, throw him into his friend, then run out while blowing up a propane tank, stealing a jeep and getting the fuck out of there.

man, crysis is fucking great

way better than calloduty, but still several notches below Quall of Duty

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MOG0LvuXzWQ

[quote name='ihadFG']I love both of those games, but for different reasons.

HL2 is great for story, characters, atmosphere, and the puzzles. The gravity gun is of course awesome as well.

COD4 (and MW2) are good for fun gunplay, a good challenge on Veteran, and overall awesome missions without many slow parts. The multiplayer is the main draw though of course in those games. (in which case I vastly prefer COD4)[/QUOTE]

See, I agree those are probably HL2's strong points. However, I hated all of the characters from the beginning, at least the human ones. The weird aliens were cool and so was Dog. I don't remember any puzzles really, mostly just the really bad jumping/platforming in the parking garage... I also thought the gravity gun was lame, so that probably didn't help and the vehicle sections? Don't even get me started. ^_^

Now as far as Chac goes, I actually wanted to like F.E.A.R. -- but part of the problem was my trying to be an achievement whore at the time and get as many as I could on a playthrough. The game screwed me out of almost all of them and I never wanted to touch it again. I really didn't like the direction it went in the final chapters -- all I really remember was the big mech thing in the courtyard around 70% of the way through. :(

[quote name='ninja dog']I kinda liked the limit. forced you to mix and match them to do creative shit. Like run in stealth, super punch through a roof, grab a dude by the neck, throw him into his friend, then run out while blowing up a propane tank, stealing a jeep and getting the fuck out of there.

man, crysis is fucking great
[/QUOTE]

Every time I tried to do something like that I would die in 5 seconds. That game was really hard to me. I had to play it really slowly, taking out one enemy at a time, then running away to hide, and then repeat. I eventually just got bored of it and gave up.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']See, I agree those are probably HL2's strong points. However, I hated all of the characters from the beginning, at least the human ones. The weird aliens were cool and so was Dog. I don't remember any puzzles really, mostly just the really bad jumping/platforming in the parking garage... I also thought the gravity gun was lame, so that probably didn't help and the vehicle sections? Don't even get me started. ^_^

Now as far as Chac goes, I actually wanted to like F.E.A.R. -- but part of the problem was my trying to be an achievement whore at the time and get as many as I could on a playthrough. The game screwed me out of almost all of them and I never wanted to touch it again. I really didn't like the direction it went in the final chapters -- all I really remember was the big mech thing in the courtyard around 70% of the way through. :([/QUOTE]

Brrrooooo, you can't play those games on consoles :( They are busted.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']See, I agree those are probably HL2's strong points. However, I hated all of the characters from the beginning, at least the human ones. The weird aliens were cool and so was Dog. I don't remember any puzzles really, mostly just the really bad jumping/platforming in the parking garage... I also thought the gravity gun was lame, so that probably didn't help and the vehicle sections? Don't even get me started. ^_^

Now as far as Chac goes, I actually wanted to like F.E.A.R. -- but part of the problem was my trying to be an achievement whore at the time and get as many as I could on a playthrough. The game screwed me out of almost all of them and I never wanted to touch it again. I really didn't like the direction it went in the final chapters -- all I really remember was the big mech thing in the courtyard around 70% of the way through. :([/QUOTE]

Your problems with HL2 are understandable. Obviously you are in the minority with those problems, but you're perfectly free to feel that way. The only thing I'm curious about is why you thought the gravity gun was lame? It never got old to me to be able to pick all kinds of stuff up or throw saw blades at an enemy to cut off his head, etc.

And as for FEAR, I remember playing it back when it came out on PC and really enjoyed it on that even though I play most shooters on consoles (basically everything but Valve games). That game just felt right on the PC even though I was typically more comfortable with a controller. The sequel is actually quite good on the 360 though because they changed it up a bit. I had a lot of fun with it, and I know a lot of people who didn't care for the first FEAR but liked the second.

[quote name='Jesus_S_Preston']Tim and Eric is garbage, next[/QUOTE]

your mom's pussy is garbage

haha jk man you're alright

200px-Flexo.jpg

[quote name='ihadFG']Your problems with HL2 are understandable. Obviously you are in the minority with those problems, but you're perfectly free to feel that way. The only thing I'm curious about is why you thought the gravity gun was lame? It never got old to me to be able to pick all kinds of stuff up or throw saw blades at an enemy to cut off his head, etc.

And as for FEAR, I remember playing it back when it came out on PC and really enjoyed it on that even though I play most shooters on consoles (basically everything but Valve games). That game just felt right on the PC even though I was typically more comfortable with a controller. The sequel is actually quite good on the 360 though because they changed it up a bit. I had a lot of fun with it, and I know a lot of people who didn't care for the first FEAR but liked the second.[/QUOTE]

I dunno. I suppose it serves the same purpose as Telekinesis in BioShock, but I think that's a better designed use for it for some reason. I did enjoy whipping sawblades at things, but I only remember doing that just after getting the gravity gun in Ravenholm.

--

How long are these steam sales supposed to occur?

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='ninja dog']that was a couple years ago dude[/QUOTE]

Times flies, man. Jesus.

[quote name='Jesus_S_Preston']Tim and Eric is garbage, next[/QUOTE]

+1

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back