Welcome to the Southeast USA Regional Video Game Deal Forum!

[quote name='munch']You're only in the Southeast if you were with us in the war of northern aggression. bye bye kentucky!!!![/QUOTE]
The fact that we were neutral means nothing?

[quote name='Supernothing']The fact that we were neutral means nothing?[/QUOTE]

it means you weren't with us, then went against us when we crossed the border. KY is banished from the SE!!!!111111@@!!!

Northern VA is close from being banished too, as is the entire state of FL. they better start playing their cards right.

[quote name='munch']it means you weren't with us, then went against us when we crossed the border. KY is banished from the SE!!!!111111@@!!!

Northern VA is close from being banished too, as is the entire state of FL. they better start playing their cards right.[/QUOTE]

Dude, I lived in KY for a year.. and that was the first state that I ever met a true tobacco chewing chick. That's enough for me to be allowed in the Southeast.

However, by Alabama standards, I believe they would be called "Northerners"... we have to seriously look at this through a systematic elimination of Southern qualities:

1.) Do they have sweet tea at every eating establishment?

2.) How many arrests per year are made in regards to barnyard animal molestation?

3.) Average beer consumption per capita

4.) Breakdown of mobile meth lab busts per county

5.) Number of Lynard Skynard cd's sold in the state per year

[quote name='Skylander7']Dude, I lived in KY for a year.. and that was the first state that I ever met a true tobacco chewing chick. That's enough for me to be allowed in the Southeast.

However, by Alabama standards, I believe they would be called "Northerners"... we have to seriously look at this through a systematic elimination of Southern qualities:

2.) How many arrests per year are made in regards to barnyard animal molestation?

5.) Number of Lynard Skynard cd's sold in the state per year[/QUOTE]

:rofl:

while i agree with the tobacco statement, the abundance of tobacco in KY makes me tobacco an iffy. that list is completely true, though.

There is no longer a mason-dixon line, but instead a sweet tea line that is moving further and further south. Those carpetbaggers and scalawags are trying to change everything.

[quote name='mcgavin27']Don't I know it... Valdosta sucks for deals, No fry's, no eb's, no gamerushes, no gamecrazies. All we have is one gamestop, one rhino, one target, a TRU that is still one the ticket system, and a Best Buy.[/QUOTE]

Valdosta sucks???? Dude, I stayed in Waycross for a few months. Valdosta is a damned metropolis compared to that place. Waycross is the hairy geriatric asscrack of the entire planet!

However, that ran down ass strip joint in Valdosta right off of the interstate exit ruled though (strong drinks!!!)

[quote name='munch']:rofl:

while i agree with the tobacco statement, the abundance of tobacco in KY makes me tobacco an iffy. that list is completely true, though.

There is no longer a mason-dixon line, but instead a sweet tea line that is moving further and further south. Those carpetbaggers and scalawags are trying to change everything.[/QUOTE]

Double post, but to hell with it. The big thing with Kentucky isn't just it's tobacco crops; it's also the Mary Jane that they grow between the tobacco plants. I also met a guy who got caught screwing his cousin in KY.. all the while, I was thinking to myself "Why the hell does Alabama get such a bad rep?".

They are screwing with us though.. that's one reason why I'm afraid to leave. I can't enjoy a meal without some damned tea. It's just blasphemy. The day they opened a Starbucks in Montgomery, I almost shit my pants.. it was like an invasion or something. What I like are the redneck kids who try to be urban.. They drive trucks, frost their hair, listen to Eminem, and try to sound "gangsta". They still sound like hicks, only urban hicks. Good stuff.

Also, what the hell is up with pretty much the entire state up and making it impossible to smoke in public? Most of Alabama chiefs tobacco like they breathe air.. an assload of tax revenue comes from it. Then they make it harder to smoke in public/restaurants? Half of the fun coming home to Prattville shitfaced and sobering up in Waffle House was the fact that I could chain my menthols together to my heart's content. Hell, this is Alabama.. they cooked the food in front of you WHILE smoking a cigarette half of the time. See.. this is the kind of the stuff a state has to have to be considered truly "southern".

[quote name='Skylander7']Double post, but to hell with it. The big thing with Kentucky isn't just it's tobacco crops; it's also the Mary Jane that they grow between the tobacco plants. I also met a guy who got caught screwing his cousin in KY.. all the while, I was thinking to myself "Why the hell does Alabama get such a bad rep?".

They are screwing with us though.. that's one reason why I'm afraid to leave. I can't enjoy a meal without some damned tea. It's just blasphemy. The day they opened a Starbucks in Montgomery, I almost shit my pants.. it was like an invasion or something. What I like are the redneck kids who try to be urban.. They drive trucks, frost their hair, listen to Eminem, and try to sound "gangsta". They still sound like hicks, only urban hicks. Good stuff.

Also, what the hell is up with pretty much the entire state up and making it impossible to smoke in public? Most of Alabama chiefs tobacco like they breathe air.. an assload of tax revenue comes from it. Then they make it harder to smoke in public/restaurants? Half of the fun coming home to Prattville shitfaced and sobering up in Waffle House was the fact that I could chain my menthols together to my heart's content. Hell, this is Alabama.. they cooked the food in front of you WHILE smoking a cigarette half of the time. See.. this is the kind of the stuff a state has to have to be considered truly "southern".[/QUOTE]

That's the problem with capitatlism. They want us all to look the same, eat the same, talk the same, smell the same, etc. . .

And i know what you are saying about those damn starbucks. in auburn one opened up inside the new target, and then they built a stand alone IN THE SAME SHOPPING CENTER!!!!!!11111!!@@!!! i just don't get it. and their tea is unsweet BASTARDS@!!1!!!

are you referring to the starbucks on taylor rd? god, that strip is crazy retarted. i hate everything about it (except the world market where the wine is crazy cheap).

[quote name='rvdrock']Hey hey, the University of Kentucky is in the SEC, therefore they are part of the Southeast....runs away[/QUOTE]

Their basketball team may be of SEC caliber (since it is the toughest athletic conference in the NCAA with more continually top 25 ranked teams across the board than any other conference), but their football team is a joke...

It's funny how the SEC conference is the toughest in the nation, yet an undefeated team is only brushed aside as being "third place"....

By the way Munch, Eastchase (that so called strip mall) is a perfect example of the invasion. I mean c'mon... we're in Alabama. Up until 5 years ago, high class coffee was the big brown can of Maxwell House instead of the big blue can.

Yeah, World Market has cheap wine, and it's where Target is... but the place (Eastchase) freaks me out. It's where all the rich kids go to buy overpriced clothes to publicly display their love for material wealth. I'm sorry.. but if social acceptance is shopping at an "outdoor" mall for overpriced goods at a 10% sales tax to portray an image of wealth, I'll happily stay an alcoholic Led Zep listening 25 year old geek.

[quote name='Skylander7']

By the way Munch, Eastchase (that so called strip mall) is a perfect example of the invasion. I mean c'mon... we're in Alabama. Up until 5 years ago, high class coffee was the big brown can of Maxwell House instead of the big blue can.

Yeah, World Market has cheap wine, and it's where Target is... but the place (Eastchase) freaks me out. It's where all the rich kids go to buy overpriced clothes to publicly display their love for material wealth. I'm sorry.. but if social acceptance is shopping at an "outdoor" mall for overpriced goods at a 10% sales tax to portray an image of wealth, I'll happily stay an alcoholic Led Zep listening 25 year old geek.[/QUOTE]

i don't like that eastchase place either. for some reason it gives me the creeps. even the eb there is weird for some reason. i will continue to get wine from world market, though.

What's up other AL CAGs? I'm with you Munch - I really dislike Eastchase and those upscale "outdoor" malls - although the target at eastchase has the occasional deal or two - If you can get in on them before the hoarder ~

[quote name='Stick821']If you ever find anything worthwhile at Movie Gallery let me know. Last time I was there they were selling Metroid Prime for $29.99.[/QUOTE]

Every now and then you can find something at one, or atleast one with a Gamezone inside it.... I found Ikaruga for $9.99 once..... and some cheap @$$ SNES and N64 games back when they quit taking them in trade- and lowered the prices on them (and had buy 2 get 2 free)

[quote name='pimp tyranny']represento la Carolina del Sur

show some SC respeck![/QUOTE]

I'm a SC boy, m'self! 'Course I'm upstate, so I'll show love to my NC brothas too.

W00T!!111!

[quote name='Skylander7']Damn.. guess I got beat to the punch.

Hey, I like this idea. We may not have Fry's like the west coast, but at least we can post deals for redneck swap meets, Shoney's, and Movie Gallery[/QUOTE]

'Bama's got something the west coast doesn't -- the Shakespeare Festival just outside of Montgomery. It's one of only three of its kind in the world, I believe, and well worth visiting if you're passing through. Great experience.

And then there's the civil rights historical stuff which is pretty rad, plus the grave of Hank Williams, Sr., and a museum dedicated to him. Not too shabby!

[quote name='Skylander7']Dude, I lived in KY for a year.. and that was the first state that I ever met a true tobacco chewing chick. That's enough for me to be allowed in the Southeast.

5.) Number of Lynard Skynard cd's sold in the state per year[/QUOTE]

Uhm.. how about the most important statistic to prove whether or not your state is in the SE:

6.) Ratio of Waffle Houses to residents

[quote name='Scobie']'Bama's got something the west coast doesn't -- the Shakespeare Festival just outside of Montgomery. It's one of only three of its kind in the world, I believe, and well worth visiting if you're passing through. Great experience.

And then there's the civil rights historical stuff which is pretty rad, plus the grave of Hank Williams, Sr., and a museum dedicated to him. Not too shabby![/QUOTE]

Yeah, we do have the Shakespeare Festival.. and the annual Highland Games they hold there are pretty kick ass too (mock jousting, wenches, etc). It's really funny how it came to end up there. The richest guy in town (now dead, Winton Blount.. ironically the same guy that Bush skipped his flight med exams to transfer down here and help on Blount's senate campaign) had a wife that gave alot of money to making Montgomery more cultured. Thus, the Shakespeare festival came to be. The surrounding park isn't that bad neither. It's really out of place here; you wouldn't expect Montgomery to be the home of something like that.

[quote name='Skylander7']...Thus, the Shakespeare festival came to be. The surrounding park isn't that bad neither. It's really out of place here; you wouldn't expect Montgomery to be the home of something like that.[/QUOTE]

Seriously... when I came across it I was like WTF? But I had a blast there. It's the best venue I've ever been to for live theater.

Plus, y'all have had a Mellow Mushroom pizza place for a couple of years now, and it doesn't get much better than their beer selection and their pizza... too bad it's non-smoking unlike the other MM's I've been to...

Anyone been in a game exchange lately. I swore them off a few years back because their prices were nuts. Went in to one today and was pleasantly surprised their prices were a lot more fair. I'd never trade anything in to them but i may have to add them to the rotation when I'm in buy mode

Damn, I got some catching up to do in this thread! ;)

1) My wife is hooked on that Starbucks on Taylor. Don't ask me why. Personally, I can do without coffee alltogether. Everyone said working in IT I would develop a taste for it...everyone was wrong.

2) I would much rather hit Eastchase than either of the 2 indoor malls. Eastdale has become a haven for goth kids and soccer moms - it's a fight to get anywhere in there. I live 5 minutes away from it, and I still avoid it like the plague. We won't even speak of the Montgomery Mall... Of course, the only place I ever go to at Eastchase is EB. That's gotta be the best EB I've ever been to, and I've traveled all over too. Used to have to travel alot for business & would hit EBs when I'd see them - have never seen another one nearly as big or as nice as the one @ Eastchase.

3) Target owns. It's the anti-Wal Mart. Again, Wal Mart is a lot closer to me, but I drive right past it every time just to get to Target. Wal Mart is always packed with rednecks, and it is just WAY too big. Every time I'm in that place, I'll be on one side of the store and realize what I'm looking for is on the opposite side. Ugh. BTW - Target had an endcap w/ some decent PC games on clearance the other day, if anyone's interested. ;)

4) Let's not count anything Hank Williams related as a plus for 'Bama, k? I worked on a website several years back for the Hank Williams fan club, and the lady that runs that is nuts. She brought this big-ass picture of Hank down to the office, and told us to have it up when we worked on the site so Hank could watch what we were doing.

5) Montgomery actually seems to have pretty decent deals, and the other CAG's & deal-seakers are usually pretty cool (tho we had some hoarders hit the BB sale a month or two back...oh well). Our stores seem to be more lenient than other areas tho - never have any penny guide troubles outta BB, for example (or TRU for that matter...).

bread's done
Back