Western Digital MyBook Cables?

Anybody? Anyone? I really, really need these cables to extract important documents from the hard drive. Any help would be most appreciated!

You should try the Western Digital Online Store, they sell the replacement parts. Wasn't that expensive when I looked but not sure about shipping.

Apparently, my hard drive enclosure is too old for WD, since they have the new Essential drives out (the ones with the single blue stripe on the front).

Apparently, this is what I need: http://item.express.ebay.com/Comput...0StorageQQptdiZ260QQddiZ1192QQcmdZExpressItem

Look about halfway down for both the AC Adapter and the USB cable. Would someone mind helping me find the lowest price for both of these? I would really appreciate it, since I have no experience in shopping for cables. I know the places, but I fail when it comes to compatible products (almost screwed my brother over permanently for that).

Thanks for any help!

Why don't you just open the case up and stick the hard drive into your computer temporarily? Or into someone's desktop, if you don't have your own.

For you USB cable, check your other electronics. I don't have the same model as yours, but my USB cable can be used also for my digital camera and my PSP.

Edit: I just looked at the ebay link. It's not the same cable I use for my camera and PSP, but it is the same one I use for my printer and my other external DVD burner.

The USB cable is the standard A-B USB cable. Monoprice.com has very good prices on these. For the power adapter, you could try going to RadioShack, Fry's (if you have one), or a similar store and see if you can find a compatible one with the right power specifications.

Okay, great, I found a USB cable to use that fits perfectly. Now I just need to find a power adapter that fits. I'll have to check around for that, but thanks for the help thus far, guys!

bread's done
Back