Viewing Angle: 176° Horizontal, 176° Vertical
HDTV Compatibility: 480p, 720p, 1080i, 1080p
PC Compatibility: 1920 x 1080, 640 x 480, 800 x 600, 1024 x 768
Tuner: NTSC (looks like it has a tuner)
Progressive Scan
3D Comb Filter
75mm x 75mm VESA® Pattern
100mm x 100mm VESA® Pattern wall mounts
Weight: 43 lbs (w/o Base), 50 lbs (with Base)
Dimensions: 37.3” x 23.8” x 4.7” (w/o Base), 7.3” x 25.9” x 8.2” (with Base)

Yes, their specs on costco says NTSC tuner, but they also list it as a monitor. No other sites list it as having a tuner or a VHF/coax input.

I use the 37w1 as my PC monitor, right now as I type this, fantastic as a PC monitor when connected via DVI/HDMI (depends on the model).

I paid $999 for a refurbished one 1/2 a year ago, so this price on a new one is good stuff.

I'd rather have one without monitor, hook up my computer to it, and use an external tuner that I can change and update myself anyway.

Looks like the input selection might be a nice surprise, then. I love surprises. Any more than 1 HDMI and I might have to get creative. I know one will eventually get the PS3 treatment, but perhaps this is telling me to eventually get a 360 Elite, too. We'll see.

[quote name='TahoeMax']Looks like the input selection might be a nice surprise, then. I love surprises. Any more than 1 HDMI and I might have to get creative. I know one will eventually get the PS3 treatment, but perhaps this is telling me to eventually get a 360 Elite, too. We'll see.[/quote]
Be careful, there is a known problem with Westinghouse 1080p monitors and the PS3. There's some sort of HDCP handshake problem. For some reason, it creates a blinking. I don't know if this is a problem with the 360 Elite as well or not. I found a simple fix, but it's kind of annoying.

[quote name='Trakan']Be careful, there is a known problem with Westinghouse 1080p monitors and the PS3. There's some sort of HDCP handshake problem. For some reason, it creates a blinking. I don't know if this is a problem with the 360 Elite as well or not. I found a simple fix, but it's kind of annoying.[/quote]

Hmm...how interesting. Well, I won't be getting PS3 for quite awhile, so maybe it'll be fixed by then. If not, I'll get in touch about your simple fix :) be prepared for an email in a year or two ;)

[quote name='TahoeMax']Hmm...how interesting. Well, I won't be getting PS3 for quite awhile, so maybe it'll be fixed by then. If not, I'll get in touch about your simple fix :) be prepared for an email in a year or two ;)[/quote]

Haha, well, I can post it. You unplug the HDMI cable from the back of the PS3 and plug it back in. I don't know why, but it fixes it.

The only way to update the firmware is to let Westinghouse do it, and they're in Cali.

from what I've heard, the most recent ps3 update (1.8?) has fixed the problem you guys are talking about

but I'm not positive

I just got 1.8 the other day, and I haven't seen the flashing since then now that you mentioned it! :)

However, whenever I DID see the flashing, just switching to another input, then back to the HDMI fixed it EVERY time.

I paid $1050 for my 37w3 about 6 months ago. At $799 I'd LOVE another one, but I just can't justify it right now.

PS3 Version 1.8 update fixes the handshake problem. I've heard there is still some kinda sparkle dust or something. Not sure exactly what they mean tho. Could just be jaggys from tv stretching a 720p image to fill screen.

Hmm, now that you mention it, although I did have the flashing/blinking happen to me once, since then it hasn't happened. Cool.

Hmm, since this is technically a monitor, how would the return policy and warranty work out? Since the site doesn't mention that monitors have a 90 day peirod and extended 2 year warranty.

Hmm, my dad just got this Monitor today.

I hooked up my PS3, and it looked great. But all of the sudden (when I ran GTHD) it started to have like a corrupted fuzzy mess of colors all over the screen and it would sorta blink with that corruption (it wouldnt go to black and then blink on...) now im scared... I hope I didnt fuck it up.

And when I press the menu button it gets worse and the whole screen fucks up and now that I turned off my PS3 it is doing it normally...

What the hell? All I did was hook it in via HDMI.

Did you read the thread? I don't know, personally, but half of the thread so far has been talking about fixing a blinking problem, which I assume is the problem you're having. Two fixes have been mentioned: unplug and replug the HDMI cable from the PS3, or switch (and switch back) the selected input.

I think its an overheating problem... cause I had it off for like an hour and when I turned it on it was fine. I am not sure if it will go back to the same problem.

[quote name='TahoeMax']I've been playing some Guitar Hero on it and it's not a problem. Looks great :)[/QUOTE]

Guitar Hero is the exception because it's one of the only games that has a lag calibration option for LCD's.

I just found out that all my DDR, IIDX, and Pop'N Music games are basically unplayable because the new LCD I just got this week lags too much. It's okay for stuff like Forza and Tomb Raider but since around 50% of the games I play are music/rythm related, it sucks big time. It's pretty bad on Halo 2 also.

[quote name='norkusa']Guitar Hero is the exception because it's one of the only games that has a lag calibration option for LCD's.

I just found out that all my DDR, IIDX, and Pop'N Music games are basically unplayable because the new LCD I just got this week lags too much. It's okay for stuff like Forza and Tomb Raider but since around 50% of the games I play are music/rythm related, it sucks big time. It's pretty bad on Halo 2 also.[/quote]

What brand/MS LCD do you have?

It worked fine for a day. Now this morning it started to have a little of it on the screen. And its getting worse and worse with every minute.

I have a big feeling its overheating. Now it is so bad.

[quote name='norkusa']8ms response time = shitty for gaming, especially if you're into music/rythm games like DDR and Beatmania.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='norkusa']Guitar Hero is the exception because it's one of the only games that has a lag calibration option for LCD's.

I just found out that all my DDR, IIDX, and Pop'N Music games are basically unplayable because the new LCD I just got this week lags too much. It's okay for stuff like Forza and Tomb Raider but since around 50% of the games I play are music/rythm related, it sucks big time. It's pretty bad on Halo 2 also.[/QUOTE]

8ms is not noticeable. I think you're confusing input lag for response time, which is a common mistake.

The 8ms rating is for response time, which is the amount of time it takes for a pixel to go from black, to white, back to black. High response times cause ghosting in fast-motion movies and games.

Input lag, on the other hand, is the time it takes for the signal to be displayed on your screen. Manufactures very rarely disclose any sort of rating in their specifications, but typically higher end manufacturers will have much less input lag than budget manufacturers.

Comes out to $926.69 for me after tax, shipping, and non member charge :(

Subtotal: $799.99
Shipping & Handling: $42.57
Non-Member Surcharge: $40.00
Tax: $44.13
Order Total: $926.69

I really wish it was a bit cheaper, I'm going to have to pass. Thanks for the deal though, Im sure its great for some people!

bread's done
Back