Westinghouse HD LCD's, Any good?

xbox_mole

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
Hi everyone,

I'm in the market for getting a new TV as the one I have in the living room has been on it's last legs for some time.

Best Buy is having a Westinghouse 32" LCD HDTV on sale next week for around $579.

Here's the Westinghouse link and the Best Buy Link:

http://www.westinghousedigital.com/details.aspx?itemnum=111

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=8250144&st=SK-32H240S&type=product&id=1169512290376

Has anyone had any experience with Westinghouse? Are they reliable? Were you satisfied with them?

Does anyone own this particular model? What were your experiences?

I'm new to the whole HDTV market and saw this one and didn't think it was a bad deal, but I could be wrong.

Need help from my fellow CAGs.

Thanks!

My roommate has that exact same television. It is a great HDTV for the price. I have not had any troubles with the tv and at $579, I think it is a great value.

I'd absolutely recommend Westinghouse. Both me and my folks have their 37" 1080p LCD and it's fabulous. Easy to control, solid input selection (although only 1 HDMI), and not a single dead or stuck pixel between them.

I got a 32" LCD in last year's Black Friday sale at Best buy for $480. It's a good TV. My version looks to have an older (crappier) ATI chip in it for upscaling SD TV. That's my TV's biggest weakpoint. It looks like yours is perhaps updated--it might be worth running an SD DVD through the TV to test it out.

The only CAG advice I have for you is that if you're really hardcore cheap you might be able to get a better deal if you wait until november and camp out at a big box store like I did. I also got a $250 laptop, several cheap games, and other bargains. But it's 5 months away...

EDIT:
Oh yeah, one thing I remember is that the TV put off a pretty bad stink as it was burning in--don't be surprised if it does for you, too. Ventilate the area pretty well. Who knows what kinds of carcenogens they put in that thing in the factory in China. [no, I'm not kidding]

[quote name='TahoeMax']I'd absolutely recommend Westinghouse. Both me and my folks have their 37" 1080p LCD and it's fabulous. Easy to control, solid input selection (although only 1 HDMI), and not a single dead or stuck pixel between them.[/quote]

Yep, I'd also recommend them. I have their 32" LCD from November 2006 and I've been very happy with it.

I'm also using the 32" from the bestbuy black friday sale. It has some issues with the blacklight bleeding into the picture but it's a great tv for the price. If time isn't a factor I would wait till this years black friday sale. The speaker on the tv is also beyond awful so I hope you have an outside audio source.

I got that one at bes buy for 500$ I love this tv, just make sure to set the settings of :power mode to ernegy saver.

Thanks for all of your input. I will probably wait until BF this year and see what is available then. I'll probably be back for more input around that time as well!

Thank you I was about to post this same topic...

I'm looking at the 1080P 42 In they have at bestbuy for 1099 this week. We're getting a TV for my dad and he really doesn't know much of anything about HD except that he "wants that 1080 thing".

I have 2 non-huge-branded LCDs myself (olevia and viore) and love them both so I was hoping to hear good things about Westinghouse. Now I have so thanks!

Probably pick it up today. I'll post impressions ASAP.

bread's done
Back