What am I doing wrong in my Wii selling?

indiraider

CAG Veteran
I waited outside Toys R Us for the wii shipment. My father and I bought one each after waiting three hours in line. The thought was that it would pay for the holiday and it would be a quick sell. I sold one wii already here.
Although I made a profit I did not as make as much as similar auctions like this and this for example. I just don't know what I did wrong on my listing. How come all of the Wii listings go over $400 yet mine falls below the mark?

[quote name='pimpinc333']Timing Maybe. Those other 2 ended at about 10 PM EST which IMO is a sweet spot for selling. You were 40 mins to early.[/quote]

yup.

I am a powerseller, over 2500 feedback

put new in the title

spaces instead of the plus signs

That's probably it, just missing the "new", not everyone knows what NIB means

I would strongly consider craigslist so you don't have to pay the fees, they are substantial on a high value item like this. If you're worried about getting robbed just meet at a police station

That will be $25 for the consult

[quote name='indiraider']I waited outside Toys R Us for the wii shipment. My father and I bought one each after waiting three hours in line. The thought was that it would pay for the holiday and it would be a quick sell. I sold one wii already here.
Although I made a profit I did not as make as much as similar auctions like this and this for example. I just don't know what I did wrong on my listing. How come all of the Wii listings go over $400 yet mine falls below the mark?[/QUOTE]

Plus , you should offer less expensive shipping.
Some people don't want/need overnight shipping.
Priority or Parcel Post should be offered...especially since they would run about $10-$15 total

Or you could just quit being a douche an let someone who really wants a Wii buy one. People have a hard enough time finding one without people like you trying to make a quick buck. I don't want one, but millions of other people do. This is CAG not fatwallet.

[quote name='obiwayne']Plus , you should offer less expensive shipping.
Some people don't want/need overnight shipping.
Priority or Parcel Post should be offered...especially since they would run about $10-$15 total[/QUOTE]

Bullshit have you shipped a 10 pound box lately? Priority is 20-25 depending on what options are on there.

[quote name='Ziv']This is CAG not fatwallet.[/quote]

As an avid FW'r, I object to that. He'd be getting flamed like hell out in FW.

[quote name='Ziv']Or you could just quit being a douche an let someone who really wants a Wii buy one. People have a hard enough time finding one without people like you trying to make a quick buck. I don't want one, but millions of other people do. This is CAG not fatwallet.[/QUOTE]

I resent that comment! I am not the problem I rightfully waited in line for these wiis. It is not like I know the fed ex guy who brings the wiis to Gamestop and have 50 of them to sell.

While I feel slightly bad fro you not making the profit that you were shooting for, I think it's total crap for people to be buying Wii's just to sell in the hopes of making a quick buck. Just think of the parents that are going crazy trying to find a Wii for their kid, end up just shy of a cutoff in a line (I watched them sellout about a month ago at midnight at walmart). I just want a kid to get this and have what I had when I got my NES (granted the NES wasn't exactly hard to find when I got it :p).

Probably because you're an abusive piece of shit who only seeks to take advantage of others. An abuser of your fellow man.

Die in a fire fuck face.

[quote name='indiraider']I resent that comment! I am not the problem I rightfully waited in line for these wiis. It is not like I know the fed ex guy who brings the wiis to Gamestop and have 50 of them to sell.[/quote]

Let's see.

[quote name='indiraider']I waited outside Toys R Us for the wii shipment. My father and I bought one each after waiting three hours in line. The thought was that it would pay for the holiday and it would be a quick sell. I sold one wii already here.
Although I made a profit I did not as make as much as similar auctions like this and this for example. I just don't know what I did wrong on my listing. How come all of the Wii listings go over $400 yet mine falls below the mark?[/QUOTE]

You've sold at least 1 Wii. You are now asking for advice on what to do to make more money in a possible future auction. I don't know what your father plans on doing with his, but I hope he will be giving it as a gift or playing it himslelf.

If you are buying them just to resell, then you are part of the problem.

Wrong forum BTW. This belongs in Game Auctions & Auction Discussions.

Could we please keep the flaming of the OP down? Many CAG's do this type of business. If he wants to wait 3 hours outside to sell a Wii for small profit let him. Like I said he isn't the only CAG to do this. Thanks.

I think a lot of people get turned off by high shipping. I shipped 2 Wiis today Priority with signature confirmation and $450 insurance each. One ran $22 to Florida, the other $20 to SoCal.

Just for reference.

[quote name='indiraider']I resent that comment! I am not the problem I rightfully waited in line for these wiis. It is not like I know the fed ex guy who brings the wiis to Gamestop and have 50 of them to sell.[/quote]

So does everyone who just buys three to sell two.

Do you even own a Wii? I own one, and even though saw them available a couple of times, didn't pick them.

If you are selling a 250$ unit for 400$, instead of it being in the store and being bought (if not by another scummy reseller) by a parent, then you are the problem.

The ad usually says "one per household" or whatever. We can bypass it by having two family members there. But don't pretend the idea wasn't profit.

I think those auctions are fakes, as in the buyer is not going to pay. There have been a TON , I mean a SH*TLOAD of new users who don't pay on ebay. Pisses me off, happened with my huge 360 bundle.

I'll be quite honest.

Buying up Wiis purely to resell? Meh, might be kind of questionable, but, hey, you gotta do what you gotta do, and this time of year everyone needs money. I'd do it in a second if I stumbled across one in the wild this week. Some people might not take kindly to it, but that really depends on an individual's point of view.

Buying up Wiis purely to resell, then coming here and whining about it when you don't get the price you were hoping for on eBay? Boo fucking hoo; that makes you a douche.

[quote name='meesterjojo']Probably because you're an abusive piece of shit who only seeks to take advantage of others. An abuser of your fellow man.

Die in a fire fuck face.[/QUOTE]

can someone ban this guy?

[quote name='indiraider']can someone ban this guy?[/quote]

i agree...

i just sold my used Wii (about a year old) for $400 + $30 shipping on ebay in a 1 day auction...came with everything along with Wii Play, classic controller, extra wiimote (from Wiiplay)and nunchuck and new 1 GB Memory card...the auction jumped up about $100 in the last 5 min

I figure i will just rebuy after the holidays if i truly want one again

[quote name='Jedi1979']i agree...

i just sold my used Wii (about a year old) for $400 + $30 shipping on ebay in a 1 day auction...came with everything along with Wii Play, classic controller, extra wiimote (from Wiiplay)and nunchuck and new 1 GB Memory card...the auction jumped up about $100 in the last 5 min

I figure i will just rebuy after the holidays if i truly want one again[/quote]

Unless you really just didn't want it anymore, it doesn't sound like you made much there unless you bought all that at a substantial discount.

250 + 50 + 20 + 20 + 10 = 350 + tax, + ebay fees, + PayPal fees. You'd end up with 30-50 net, tops.

[quote name='meesterjojo']Probably because you're an abusive piece of shit who only seeks to take advantage of others. An abuser of your fellow man.

Die in a fire fuck face.[/quote]

If this thread is enough to put you off the deep end, you need to seek mental therapy.

[quote name='Slim Gatsby']Unless you really just didn't want it anymore, it doesn't sound like you made much there unless you bought all that at a substantial discount.

250 + 50 + 20 + 20 + 10 = 350 + tax, + ebay fees, + PayPal fees. You'd end up with 30-50 net, tops.[/quote]

close actual cost...$225+ $45+20+20+5 + $27 total for tax =$342 +$13.70 ebay +$12.77 paypal = $368.47 ...shipping is $30 so i will see whats left of that so i end up with a whopping $32 or so:D

I could use the money alot more at the moment and i barely used the system recently so i figure i will sell it at the best time possible and maybe it is actually going to some kid that might put it to better use

Die in a fire fuck face.[/quote]
Oh HAHAHAHAHA I thought you'd gotten banned after your last little tantrum.

Pity.

Really, you need to find something more constructive to do with your time.

Die in a fire fuck face.[/QUOTE]

You could have never registered and we all would have been better off.

[quote name='xdl']If this thread is enough to put you off the deep end, you need to seek mental therapy.[/QUOTE]

Damn and here I was, all excited about that post, I thought it was funny?

Because people who wanted to buy a Wii for themselves and not for reselling wouldn't have to get up early, wait in a line for a long time or pay ridiculous prices on eBay if people like you and the OP weren't doing this grey market crap.

[quote name='strikeratt']Why won't you guys that want the system so bad or think others should get it at cost wait in line at 3 AM instead of bitching.[/quote]

Because things should be served to them on a silver platter.

[quote name='zewone']Because people who wanted to buy a Wii for themselves and not for reselling wouldn't have to get up early, wait in a line for a long time or pay ridiculous prices on eBay if people like you and the OP weren't doing this grey market crap.[/quote]

People who want a Wii for themselves should have bought one back in August. People who are mad about there not being enough Wiis to go around, should be pissed at Nintendo who purposely created the shortage.

[quote name='xdl']Because things should be served to them on a silver platter.[/QUOTE]
What a dumbass.

Yeah, expecting to be able to walk into a store and buying a Wii (a year after it's release) means consumers want it served to them.

Selling Wii systems really isn't all that profitable through ebay or other online auction sites due to fees. The real money is selling wii sports.... check out what they go for on amazon :)

Selling Wii systems really isn't all that profitable through ebay or other online auction sites due to fees. The real money is selling wii sports.... check out what they go for on amazon :)

[quote name='briansraregames']People who want a Wii for themselves should have bought one back in August. People who are mad about there not being enough Wiis to go around, should be pissed at Nintendo who purposely created the shortage.[/QUOTE]
Really?

What if they couldn't afford a Wii until after August?

The shortage is indeed crap, but it wouldn't be as bad if people didn't buy them, just to resell them on eBay.

[quote name='DreamSymphony']Selling Wii systems really isn't all that profitable through ebay or other online auction sites due to fees. The real money is selling wii sports.... check out what they go for on amazon :)[/QUOTE]

I won't go into the details for fear of being beaten to a pulp, but this is absolutely, uncategorically 100% true. If you can find them they're 10 bucks used, and you can sell them EASILY for 50 bucks...disc only. I plan on putting about 8 of them or so up on ebay in the next few days to make a quick couple of hundred dollars before Christmas...

I'm not going to question anyone's ethics. To some people, it's not cool to horde systems in an attempt to re-sell them for a large profit. Then again, no one is forcing people on eBay to bid on them, so it's not like you're stealing their money. And whether someone at the store gets it, or someone online gets it, someone who wants it is going to end up getting it. So... it's kind of a grey area for me right now.

But what REALLY irks me, are people who post stuff like "L@@K,5 BRAND NEW GAMES+WOW!!1!" for a collection of Mini Games on Wii Sports. Look, if they were separate games, they would be on separate discs.

For comparison... Rayman Raving Rabbids has something like 70 mini games in it. Banana Blitz has 50 mini games. I'll be damned if anyone tries to sell a copy of the 3 games and system proclaiming that they're selling 125 separate new games.

But why stop there? Super Mario Brothers has 8 different levels, with 4 different sections per level. Technically, each of these is a "game" because they have a starting point and an ending point. So, theoretically, would one equally claim that the NES cart of Super Mario Bros. has 32 separate new games to be played? Hell, might as well though in the Minus World for a bonus 33th game!

Sorry zewone, you are wrong on this one. A lot of people do end up buying it when they happen to see it by chance because of all the hype by the people that spend there days driving around and bitching at the employees for Nintendo not sending enough units. When they decide it is not for them, they tend to sell stuff (most people do not like waiting in customer service lines at this time of the year). Anyways, I am not saying that there are not resellers since there are many of them out there, but honestly, people will always find a reason to bitch at us retail employees for Nintendo's greed and there would still be a shortage. How can you honestly blame a reseller for this? They were the ones that used up there time to get the thing, not the other person too lazy to get up early enough to make their child happy for Christmas, but whatever, I see both sides all the time and I guess I can understand it all now.

[quote name='Jedi1979']i agree...

I figure i will just rebuy after the holidays if i truly want one again[/quote]

Selling a used one is not the same as picking up at the store for profit.

[quote name='zewone']Really?

What if they couldn't afford a Wii until after August?

The shortage is indeed crap, but it wouldn't be as bad if people didn't buy them, just to resell them on eBay.[/quote]
I'm just saying that people knew this was coming, a little planning could have saved these people a lot of headaches. Get a credit card, put it on Layaway, there are many ways around not having funding, but honestly, if they did't have the money in august, odds are they aren't financially responsible enough to afford one now either.

[quote name='IAmTheBiggestInuyashaFan']Sorry zewone, you are wrong on this one. A lot of people do end up buying it when they happen to see it by chance because of all the hype by the people that spend there days driving around and bitching at the employees for Nintendo not sending enough units. When they decide it is not for them, they tend to sell stuff (most people do not like waiting in customer service lines at this time of the year). Anyways, I am not saying that there are not resellers since there are many of them out there, but honestly, people will always find a reason to bitch at us retail employees for Nintendo's greed and there would still be a shortage. How can you honestly blame a reseller for this? They were the ones that used up there time to get the thing, not the other person too lazy to get up early enough to make their child happy for Christmas, but whatever, I see both sides all the time and I guess I can understand it all now.[/QUOTE]
You're just fooling yourself.

If these people were losing money on eBay (which is the case for just about every time you sell a used system), they would return it to the store.

They sell them online because a profitable gray market has been established by resellers. If the resellers stopped buying Wiis to sell, and the only Wiis purchased were for personal use, things would start to balance out and get to a reasonable manner like the 360 and PS3.

And brian, what company(ies) still offer layaway? :lol:

[quote name='briansraregames']People who want a Wii for themselves should have bought one back in August. People who are mad about there not being enough Wiis to go around, should be pissed at Nintendo who purposely created the shortage.[/QUOTE]

I disagree to an extent. Be mad with Nintendo for the manufactured demand, sure. But I'm even angrier at those people who would pay you and the OP the kind of money you're asking for a Wii.

They're going above and beyond; to be clear, if you're *pissed* that you only sold a Wii for 150% of its MSRP, then fuck you. But if you *bought* a Wii for 150% of MSRP, then fuck you too.

It takes two to tango, and if there weren't assholes and idiots willing to buy items at outrageous prices from other assholes and idiots, this problem wouldn't exist.

[quote name='magictoilet']I think those auctions are fakes, as in the buyer is not going to pay. There have been a TON , I mean a SH*TLOAD of new users who don't pay on ebay. Pisses me off, happened with my huge 360 bundle.[/quote]

Sorry OP, but I can't feel 'sorry' for you that you made less profit that you expected to, since you're a hoarding ahole to begin with. Just hope that since you're shipping 'worldwide' that someone from 'Nigeria' doesn't want a Wii too. Of course, if they did, I would laugh at you once you lose the money AND the system. But, I guess I'm just mean spirited.

Oh and Myke, who are the third and last wrestlers in that weird 'dancing' animation on your post? I recognize the rest and I'm thinking the one on the far right is Macho Man. Sorry, I KNOW the second one is Andre.

These were readily available almost up until Black Friday. I saw them at a few Targets the weekend before Thanksgiving. Anyone who is waiting until now to get little Susie or little Johnny their Wii, deserves what they get.

This is no different than the idiots who were spending thousands of dollars so their children could see Hannah Montana.

As a father of two, and a teacher of about 60, sometimes a little disappointment is actually GOOD for a child. They don't HAVE TO HAVE EVERY SINGLE THING THEY WANT.

So, if someone is willing to wait three or four hours for a box full of plastic, chips and wires, and can sell that and make a profit because some suburban mom or dad absolutely, positively HAS TO HAVE it. More power to them...

once people stop buying these you will see a drastic drop. hopefully people will smarten up and tell there kids they will get them one once the holidays are over

Zewone, I am not fooling myself, I work retail and see the lines and ignorance of the people fighting with the people at service over a couple dollars all the time. A lot of people do not want to deal with that and when they see what they are selling for on eBay, what do you think they are going to do? I know there are plenty of resellers since I see them on a daily basis, but what do you expect when poeple are stupid enough to buy from them as well? Anyways, I really don't care either way since I don't need one and I have no intention of reselling one. I could easily get my hands on one, but I personally think it is wrong to take advantage of people.

you do realize those two auctions are won by a 0 feedback person thats new right? Probly sum1 just trying to bid up there own auction to turn the most profit.

bread's done
Back