what are ps3 must have titles ?

[quote name='wildcpac']MLB 09 The Show is the best sports game out there.[/QUOTE]

It's baseball, *yawn*.

[quote name='wildcpac']Little Big Planet is a great platformer with a ton of replay value.[/QUOTE]

No, it's an OK platformer with great graphics on a system that lacks platformers.
I like the game, but outside of the create/share aspect, it isn't 'great'

Resistance 1and 2, Killzone 2 are well above average FPS.
Fixed. Resistance stinks. I tried playing it a few weeks back, and it was just awful. It didn't play/look as nice as COD2.

Killzone 2 is pretty good. But if I want MP pew pew, I'll just play CoD4 to avoid the bowling ball on the gun physics.

Valkyria Chronices is a must buy.
Own it, but haven't put too much time into it yet honestly. SRPG's aren't really my thing.

Ratchet and Clank is a ton of fun.
Agreed, but at the end of the day R&C:F is just more of the same.

Metal Gear Solid 4. Enough said.
I gotta get through MGS3(and MGS4 has to drop in price) before I get to it.

MGS2 and Raiden killed a lot of the love I had for the MGS franchise 7-8 years ago.

Infamous???????????
Have you played the retail version yet? Or are you just drinking the high review score kool-aid?

I've been playing the demo here and there the past few weeks, and I don't think that game will be worth the full $60 TBH.

To say that Uncharted is the only one worth getting screams of 360/Wii Fanboy.
Uncharted is easily the best game I've played on the

You caught me. I own more ps3 games than any other system outside of the original Xbox.

But since I don't accept shitty/mediocre games simply because they are PS3 exclusives, I must be a fanboy.

:roll:

The only two games I liked for PS3 are...
Uncharted
Littlebigplanet

Because I like the 360 controller better, I play/buy multiplatform games on the xbox360.

Killzone 2 didn't live up to the hype in my eyes. Terrible. Stick with Call of Duty series for FPS if PS3 is your only venue.

Resistence 2 was too easy. Average...

[quote name='manthing']It's baseball, *yawn*.

No, it's an OK platformer with great graphics on a system that lacks platformers.
I like the game, but outside of the create/share aspect, it isn't 'great'

Fixed. Resistance stinks. I tried playing it a few weeks back, and it was just awful. It didn't play/look as nice as COD2.

Killzone 2 is pretty good. But if I want MP pew pew, I'll just play CoD4 to avoid the bowling ball on the gun physics.

Own it, but haven't put too much time into it yet honestly. SRPG's aren't really my thing.

Agreed, but at the end of the day R&C:F is just more of the same.

I gotta get through MGS3(and MGS4 has to drop in price) before I get to it.

MGS2 and Raiden killed a lot of the love I had for the MGS franchise 7-8 years ago.

Have you played the retail version yet? Or are you just drinking the high review score kool-aid?

I've been playing the demo here and there the past few weeks, and I don't think that game will be worth the full $60 TBH.
:roll:[/QUOTE]

And what are xbox's exclusive must have title worth getting?

I'll do you a afavor and tell you what your problem is. Your problem is that you dismiss quality games just because they're not your cup of tea. Just because you don't like baseball then MLB 09 the Show sucks. SRPG's aren't really your thing, so Valkyria Chronices sucks. You prefer COD, so Killzone 2 sucks. Your arguments are so self-centered, that I suspect your a little kid. Plus, calling R&C:ToD just more of the same is incredibly stupid. I played all R&Cs and ToD is in many ways superior to its predecessors and innovative. Why do you like COD4? Isn't it just more of the same (COD1, 2, and 3)?

I think wildcpac was right. Your criticism of PS3's exclusives is not rational, so you're probably a fanboy.

I'd rate these as buy:

Uncharted
LittleBigPlanet ($25 or less)
Metal Gear Solid 4 (I traded it in but will re-buy when I find it again for cheap)
MLB XX: The Show (If you like baseball)
Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm ($25 or less)

I'd rent these:

Heavenly Sword (Short)
Resistance (Mediocre)
Killzone 2 (I loved the single player, but just getting into a multiplayer match is fucking tedious, so I can't reccomend it based on that)
Lair (Meh)

I have Ratchet and Clank and Folklure, but I haven't opened them yet, so I can't make any recommendations.

I loved the Valkyria Chronicles and inFAMOUS demos, and I will be picking both up, so take that how you want it. If RPG's turn you off, I'd still give Valkyria a shot; I haven't really played an RPG since Final Fantasy X that I gave a shit about, but this one definitely seems worthwhile.

EDIT: Oh, and Manthing, I thought MGS2 was better than three, so good luck with that

Hooray at more blind fanboy rage! :bouncy:

[quote name='Teh Nitwit']And what are xbox's exclusive must have title worth getting?[/QUOTE]

Dead Rising, Geometry Wars 1&2, and Gears 1&2 are about it.

I'll do you a afavor and tell you what your problem is. Your problem is that you dismiss quality games just because they're not your cup of tea.

Thanks Dr. Fraud!

Dismissing them? I didn't do that. I only commented on games I have played or plan on getting.

Just because you don't like baseball then MLB 09 the Show sucks. SRPG's aren't really your thing, so Valkyria Chronices sucks. You prefer COD, so Killzone 2 sucks

Mind showing me *where* I said KZ2, VC or MLB09 'sucks'?

Your arguments are so self-centered, that I suspect your a little kid.

Damn, those are some great detective skills Columbo. :applause:

Plus, calling R&C:ToD just more of the same is incredibly stupid. I played all R&Cs and ToD is in many ways superior to its predecessors and innovative.

As have I. What exactly was so much better that it was worth $300 more in hardware than R&C3 outside of the graphics?

Why do you like COD4? Isn't it just more of the same (COD1, 2, and 3)?

Yes, COD4 was exactly the same as COD1-3. I really enjoyed liberating villages from Nazi invaders in COD4. :roll:

I think wildcpac was right. Your criticism of PS3's exclusives is not rational, so you're probably a fanboy

You're right. My criticism of the PS3 games doesn't appear rational on your scale of rationality/literacy.

I mean, according to you, I said KZ2 sucks.

:lol:

lol so much fanboyisms relax! we all know yall 360s just bitter!!! cuz you mad RROD can strike at any given time so just do yourself a big one and trade it in for a ps3 :) N then... join in the discussion! of whats awesomest games to get.

Resistance 2 is one of my favorite games.
It is easily up there with Valykria Chronicles, killzone 2, and wipeout hd.
I still really want to get Uncharted, LBP, and the Show.

This thread is pretty informative... lol...

IMHO, the only games I really play... Socom: Confrontation & MGS4, along with CoD4 (but it's pretty played out now).

Many will argue Socom is 'garbage', but even with the glitches/bugs I think it is one of the best games :/

Don't let anyone discourage you from Killzone 2 by saying the controls are crappy. You can go to options and change the control layout to "Alternate 2" which is the EXACT SAME as COD4.

If you feel the response is sluggish, then hit the sensitivity up a couple notches. Problem solved.

Paco, trying to act all high and mighty like if sony had a perfect track record. I had a launch PS2 and the damn thing gave me the DISK READ ERROR message and i sent it back to sony 5 times and the same thing happened over and over again. By the way xbox charges $100 to fix the 360 so dont be saying stupid shit.

[quote name='Teh Nitwit']And what are xbox's exclusive must have title worth getting?

I'll do you a afavor and tell you what your problem is. Your problem is that you dismiss quality games just because they're not your cup of tea. Just because you don't like baseball then MLB 09 the Show sucks. SRPG's aren't really your thing, so Valkyria Chronices sucks. You prefer COD, so Killzone 2 sucks. Your arguments are so self-centered, that I suspect your a little kid. Plus, calling R&C:ToD just more of the same is incredibly stupid. I played all R&Cs and ToD is in many ways superior to its predecessors and innovative. Why do you like COD4? Isn't it just more of the same (COD1, 2, and 3)?

I think wildcpac was right. Your criticism of PS3's exclusives is not rational, so you're probably a fanboy.[/QUOTE]

I don't understand ... you acknowledge that the games legitimately aren't his cup of tea. Perhaps he shouldn't have said something akin to "don't play these games," but given your game-by-game analysis, how can he be called a fanboy?

manthing,

So, according to you, Dead Rising, Geometry Wars 1&2, and Gears 1&2 are xbox must have's.

Why is it that you're not complaining that Geometry Wars 2 and Gears 2 are more of the same (Geometry Wars 1 and Gears 1)? Nice bias you have there.

[quote name='manthing']
Dismissing them? I didn't do that. I only commented on games I have played or plan on getting.
[/QUOTE]

The topic is not what games you have or plan on getting. You did dismiss all other PS3 games when you said "Uncharted is pretty much the only exclusive PS3 must have title worth getting".

[quote name='manthing']
Mind showing me *where* I said KZ2, VC or MLB09 'sucks'?
[/QUOTE]
You said they're not worth getting. Same thing.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='kevlar51']I don't understand ... you acknowledge that the games legitimately aren't his cup of tea. Perhaps he shouldn't have said something akin to "don't play these games," but given your game-by-game analysis, how can he be called a fanboy?[/QUOTE]

I thought he might be a fanboy because his criticism of PS3 games wasn't (to me) rational. It's silly to state that only uncharted is worth getting when there are many other quality games out there that may not appeal to him but might appeal to others. Besides, xbox fanboys love to propagate the myth that PS3 has no games or that its library is somehow inferior to xbox's. So, I thought he exhibited typical fanboy behavior.

I think anyone, on either side, that states (as if it was a fact) that one console's library is superior to another is a stupid fanboy. Which console's library is "superior" depends entirely on the individual player's tastes. People should just say which console's library they prefer.

[quote name='ivandrz']Paco, trying to act all high and mighty like if sony had a perfect track record. I had a launch PS2 and the damn thing gave me the DISK READ ERROR message and i sent it back to sony 5 times and the same thing happened over and over again. By the way xbox charges $100 to fix the 360 so dont be saying stupid shit.[/QUOTE]

You are as dumb as shit aren't you? I know Sony doesn't have a perfect track record as their early PS2s were faulty as shit. HOWEVER there is ONE huge difference. When a PS2 messed up, it was a matter of opening it up and removing the dust and cleaning the lense, or at most tweaking the cog to get it proper again. When a 360 messes up, the GPU is dead and there's no way to fix that. Again, what is worse?

And you're obviously a dumb bag of shit aren't you? Notice when I said that this problem happened in 2006. When they DENIED the red ring of death. When their warranty was NINETY days. When they had extended NOTHING. And the 360s were in short supply. So you obviously were never and eager person who wanted that next gen fix.

I think these games are must-have:

Ratchet: Tools of Destruction
Uncharted
LittleBigPlanet
Metal Gear Solid 4

Exclusive-wise.
I also enjoyed Resistance 2 a whole lot, but I can't stand Killzone 2. If it wasn't ultra-pretty it'd just be another generic FPS with cringe-worthy dialogue imo.

[quote name='SuperPhillip']
A little kid would know who Columbo is? Not really following your logic. heh
[/QUOTE]

old != mature

[quote name='Teh Nitwit']old != mature[/QUOTE]

No shit. Your post said nothing of maturity. You just said "little kid".
I can see why he is not liking you.

Oh, well, gents. Have fun arguing over whatever on a message board.

As much as it pains me to say it, I think I've become a PS3 fanboi. I just see quality game after quality game on the PS3: Killzone 2, LittleBigPlanet, Uncharted, MGS4, Valkyria Chronicles, Buzz Quiz TV, Heavenly Sword, the newly released inFamous, plus tons more coming in the next few months: God of War 3, Heavy Rain, Uncharted 2.

When I compare the 360's lineup with the PS3 (I own both), it's just no comparison. Sure Halo, Gears of War, Scene It are all good fun, but there's just not that many Xbox exclusives. And even then, they are not truly exclusive ... I believe Halo came out for the PC.

[quote name='chuckywang']As much as it pains me to say it, I think I've become a PS3 fanboi. I just see quality game after quality game on the PS3: Killzone 2, LittleBigPlanet, Uncharted, MGS4, Valkyria Chronicles, Buzz Quiz TV, Heavenly Sword, the newly released inFamous, plus tons more coming in the next few months: God of War 3, Heavy Rain, Uncharted 2.

When I compare the 360's lineup with the PS3 (I own both), it's just no comparison. Sure Halo, Gears of War, Scene It are all good fun, but there's just not that many Xbox exclusives. And even then, they are not truly exclusive ... I believe Halo came out for the PC.[/QUOTE]

Yea but when it comes to third party games like modern warfare, GTA 4 and others, I would much rather play them on the 360.

[quote name='blackout']fanboys shouldn't have children.[/quote]

but then where will the console warriors of tomorrow come from?!

[quote name='Paco']You know that's funny, because all my friends that own 360s ALL have nothing but COPIED games. I guess there's a reason why EA, Ubisoft, and several other companies say the profit is on the PS3. But hell, I'm tempted to buy a 360 just to get those copied games myself. Though I do believe in supporting the companies.[/QUOTE]

yeah i guess the money really is on killzone 2 selling worse than saints row on 360....hahahah
the shit you fanboys have to make up...so what now there counting illlegaly copied games as there sales numbers? is that why 360 games sell better that ps3?

[quote name='garc4475']yeah i guess the money really is on killzone 2 selling worse than saints row on 360....hahahah
the shit you fanboys have to make up...so what now there counting illlegaly copied games as there sales numbers? is that why 360 games sell better that ps3?[/QUOTE]
its simply out longer head start i guess and so generally games are a bit cheaper cause will its not blooray :) and well i wont deny ps3 is still alil expensive :p and youre not getting the same awesomeness out of 360! lol youd have to wait until xbox720 is out that one will match ps3 and could pwn sony hard but till then 360 still weaker in graphics potential long live ps3 and cant wait to see the lowdown on heavy rain in E3 hahaha

I'm surprised that Crash Commando hasn't been mentioned once. I played that game more then many retail games I own.

I suppose the answer to the OP's question really depends on how you define "must have". Are we just talking about titles of very high quality that are well worth your money? Or are we talking about titles that are so great and unique that they'll stick with you for years after playing them. As in, if you had to throw away all your PS3 games but one, which would you keep? If we're applying the former standard than there are many to mention.

But at least for me, if we're talking about games I'm sure I'll be going back to play in 10-15 years, Valkyria Chronicles is the only PS3 game I consider an absolute must have.

[quote name='bvharris']I suppose the answer to the OP's question really depends on how you define "must have". Are we just talking about titles of very high quality that are well worth your money? Or are we talking about titles that are so great and unique that they'll stick with you for years after playing them. As in, if you had to throw away all your PS3 games but one, which would you keep? If we're applying the former standard than there are many to mention.

But at least for me, if we're talking about games I'm sure I'll be going back to play in 10-15 years, Valkyria Chronicles is the only PS3 game I consider an absolute must have.[/QUOTE]

Im going for worth the money. There are very few games with that kind of longevity. :( So who pwnd my posts as run on sentences? You actually need to write properly? what is this? :bomb:

[quote name='lowlowgoodprice']Im going for worth the money. There are very few games with that kind of longevity. :( So who pwnd my posts as run on sentences? You actually need to write properly? what is this? :bomb:[/QUOTE]

Assuming console exclusivity is not a factor, the "most bang for your buck" game on PS3 is probably Oblivion.

A few great titles are going greatest hits soon (June 16), and I recommend most of them, namely Metal Gear Solid 4 and Ratchet and Clank: ToD.

I would highly recommended the Resistance series and Bioshock to anyone. COD MW is also awesome. If you are into fighting games, get the new UFC 09.

bread's done
Back