What are some franchises that need to be resurrected

Earthworm Jim - Could be similar to the style of Rayman Origins.
Oddworld - Particularly one with Abe or perhaps even Munch.
Road Rash - Played this on PS1 all the time, so an updated one with new physics, graphics, and more features would be insanely awesome.
Crash Bandicoot - If and only if Naughty Dog takes the helm on this project.
Syphon Filter - If given a chance, it could easily be a sleeper hit.
Jak & Daxter - Still not sure why Sony hasn't given on of their exclusive titles a PS3 version.
X-Men Legends - Absolutely loved this, but I feel that this may be a little too similar to Marvel Ultimate Alliance.
Jade Empire - I'd kill someone if it meant me getting a Jade Empire sequel.

Others I'd like to see include Destruction Derby, Gex, and Bloody Roar.

Also, I'm surprised there hasn't been an Advance Wars for 3DS. Not only is there not one, there are no rumors of development or anything. Advance Wars is as big a part of Nintendo handhelds as Pokemon.

So funny I stumbled upon this thread today, because earlier I was perusing my PS2 collection and was wondering why the hell Capcom isn't doing anymore Onimusha titles?

Totally agree on Bushido Blade the closest we came to that was Deadliest Warrior and that game just stinks.

How those guys from IGN come to the conclusion that Getaway warrants a successor is beyond me though!

[quote name='RedFoxCommando']Also, I'm surprised there hasn't been an Advance Wars for 3DS. Not only is there not one, there are no rumors of development or anything. Advance Wars is as big a part of Nintendo handhelds as Pokemon.[/QUOTE]
That last sentence is a bit of an overstatement, but I agree with you for the most part. The 3DS seems perfect for this style of game.

[quote name='Tsel']Earthworm Jim - Could be similar to the style of Rayman Origins.
X-Men Legends - Absolutely loved this, but I feel that this may be a little too similar to Marvel Ultimate Alliance.
[/QUOTE]
I think a Rayman style Earthworm Jim would be great and I also think a new X-Men Legends game is needed. I enjoyed them more than Marvel Ultimate Alliance. I'd also like to see a Mega Man X game, since it was one of my favorite games as a kid.

I would love a proper sequel to the Suikoden Series. I loved the inter-connected world and the characters and stories that would continue from game to game.

I actually didn't mind Tierkreis (aside from the crappy voicework), it was fun to play, but I think it suffered from being called Suikoden, if that makes sense. Like how the American Godzilla was a fine giant monster movie, but a terrible Godzilla movie. Anyways, loved the 5 games & Tactics. I would love to see the series jump ahead a hundred years or something and start some new sagas.

But the Suikoden series is basically a JRPG version of GAME OF THRONES. And it's amazing.

I would also like a proper sequel to Chrono Trigger and Chrono Cross.

And if we're allowing remakes into the discussion, I would like a localization of Seiken Densetsu 3, the SNES follow up to Secret of Mana. I played it in Japanese and it was awesome. I would love to see more old Japanese games from older systems localized and released on a virtual consoles or online stores.

Road Rash makes sense and is possible, but one that hasn't been mentioned is the legendary...TOMBA! Probably wouldn't work out these days, but perhaps they could make it somewhat similar to Jak and Daxter combined with classic Tomba feel?

robotech. ive played alot of robotech games and none of them have ever really done the series justice. i wish that n64 one had been released but since that wont happen id like to see someone do a robotech mmorpg.

I wish they'd go back to Prince of Persia (2008). Im upset nothings been done with that since, even after the traditional prince returned for the movie release

[quote name='Brainberry']Kingdom Hearts[/QUOTE]It never died. They still crank out games regularly.

I liked all the wildlife in downhill domination, something ssx is missing. I want a new smugglers run, screw midnight club.

Hell yeah Dino Crisis!!! And I'm a little hesitant to say Turok, but the original was epic, if they could somehow recapture the spirit of the original I'd get it. Turok was the first game I got for N64.

The return of a familiar JRPG series would be nice (Suikoden, Persona, Breath of Fire, Shadow Hearts, Wild Arms, etc)

The Mega Man X series has been untouched for several years. Klonoa is another series I'd like to see more of, but I'd want them to keep the 2.5D platforming.

[quote name='Brainberry']I meant as in HD consoles.[/QUOTE]

The handhelds are fine.

They need to bring back X-Wing vs Tiefighter, and give it multiplayer of 8v8 or 16v16. Basically, space version of Counter Strike.

They should bring back Space Quest/Police Quest/Laura Bow.

I would kill to have MechCommander 3, and Ascendancy.

bread's done
Back