What are some under rated 2011 games ? =p

Kevfactor

CAGiversary!
not to really focus on the crappy awards paying royalties but just curious

dues ex for example. honestly if it were not for skyrim this would of been my single player game of the year. i think it was mianly due consoles couldnt really handle the game well but on pc it was a blessing to play.
it also should of got some kind of music award

crysis 2- by far best graphics. i mean uncharted 3 best graphics come on!

and to play devils advocate dark souls sold well last year. not underated at all :)

I honestly havent looked at awards for this year though I usually do so I dont know whats over/underrated but I'll say I've had plenty of fun with both Saints Row The Third and Skylanders.

Resistance 3.

I pushed my way through R2, with much contempt and agony. And was insanely surprised how great R3 is, its not even in the same realm as R2. It makes it look like an N64 game, made by a sloppy developer. Yet, it is not on many GOTY Award lists or any of the subsequent categories, which I find very disappointing. For what an awesome job Insomiac did, they deserve some recognition.

I havn't played either, but a few that I think look intriguing would be Earth Defense Force: Insect Armageddon and El Shaddai

Dead Space 2
Bastion
Mortal Kombat
SF 3rd Strike Online
NBA Jam On Fire Edition
Saints Row The Third
Dissidia 012: Final Fantasy (aka Dissidia 2)
FF IV: Complete Collection
Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky

As far as AAA titles go, I wish Infamous 2 and Crysis 2 got a bit more props then they did, but I don't believe they sold poorly or anything so "underrated" might not really apply.

There were alot of DS games that I think flew under the radar: Ghost Trick, Okamiden, and Radiant Historia for example.

I also think Red Faction Armageddon was rather underrated. I thought it was a great improvement over RFG: new methods of destruction, more intriguing levels and enemies, etc. but it didn't do very big business and it generally got middling reviews (71-75 on metacritic)

Crysis 2. It is one of the best FPS's I've ever played. The storyline flowed well. The game was challenging and fun. The graphics were fantastic.

[quote name='Twilight Sparkle']^ I wholeheartedly agree with your underrated DS games list.[/QUOTE]
Unfortunately, handheld games in general seem to be underrated as a rule, unless they're an entry in a flagship Nintendo franchise. I really wish there was more love for them :whistle2:(

Outland.

I couldn't get into Crysis 2. Didn't like the focus on powers and having to sneak around. I prefer my shooters to just be mindless, shoot everything in sight, type of games.

Deus Ex: HR- Just for the amount of open endness to doing an objective but at the same time, not being an true open world game. It's incredible and my GOTY.

Serious Sam 3: BFE- This is a reminder to how good a shooter can be. This and Deus Ex are the best shooters this year no contest for me.

[quote name='dmaul1114']Outland.

I couldn't get into Crysis 2. Didn't like the focus on powers and having to sneak around. I prefer my shooters to just be mindless, shoot everything in sight, type of games.[/QUOTE]

That's the beauty of Crysis 2 though. You're given tactical options. If you want to go in guns blazing, you can certainly do that and have the option. I did a 50/50 tank/stealth mix myself.

What tactical options, lol? All you can do in that game is cloak, or not cloak. Just because you have a helmet that identifies banal options of nearly every FPS, doesn't make the game somehow interesting. Gee do I want to cloak and break the game's stupid A.I., or go around guns blazing and man a turret here and there?

Even Halo has more variety than that.

[quote name='panzerfaust']What tactical options, lol? All you can do in that game is cloak, or not cloak. Just because you have a helmet that identifies banal options of nearly every FPS, doesn't make the game somehow interesting. Gee do I want to cloak and break the game's stupid A.I., or go around guns blazing and man a turret here and there?

Even Halo has more variety than that.[/QUOTE]
I could see the argument on the first game with tactical options because your a lot of the time in big open island areas but not Crysis 2. That game just ruined everything the first game did as a franchise. It became too much generic city/hallways and very terrible AI.

Crysis Warhead was considerably better. In Crysis 2 they took all the power from the suit and stuffed you into a city environment.

Really, invisibility is boring after the first dozen or so identical enemy encampments. And that's all you could do. Charging up a super punch would drain your entire suit, so it was pointless. And they flat out removed super speed.

I wouldn't call saints row 3 under rated but if you were passing on it for some reason, definitely pick it up. I didnt really play that many games in 2011 now that I think about it, so that is all I have to offer.

bread's done
Back