What are the best wireless controlers?

Most will agree. Wavebird is hands done the best wireless I've ever used. If you have Gamecube get one or two. Logitech makes the best wireless for the PS2 and Xbox.

[quote name='Purkeynator']I have the logitech for xbox and the Wavebird for the Gamecube. Both are awesome![/quote]

ouch.

$40 a pop. thats pretty steep.

i may have to invest in controller extentions for a while.

no joke, the distance from the tv to the couch is at least 15 feet, if not bigger.

[quote name='Backlash']Deal on front page - Logitech for $29 shipped. Worth every penny and more.[/quote]

thanks!

ordered 2 of them with free shipping! only cost $57

it would have cost $53 for ONE if i bought it in the store.

[quote name='peloquin17'][quote name='Backlash']Deal on front page - Logitech for $29 shipped. Worth every penny and more.[/quote]

thanks!

ordered 2 of them with free shipping! only cost $57

it would have cost $53 for ONE if i bought it in the store.[/quote]

You will love them. I have 2 myself and they are great. Feel better than OEM PS2 controllers.
-G

ps2:
Logitech Cordless Action Controller

xbox:
Logitech Cordless Percision Controller

GC:
Wavebird

PC (if this counts...):
Logitech Cordless MX700 Duo (awesome combo!)

i use/love all of those except the xbox one, which I dont own only because of the xbox headset problem :/

I have the Fountech AirStyle for my PS2.

It was the best PS2 wireless controller before the new version of the logitech came out. The airstyle feels just like a PS2 controller.

Now I am kind of wondering....has anyone used both? If so which do you prefer?

[quote name='snotnose_colossal']my only complaint is that i wish the ps2 logitech was a little bigger, but it works amazing[/quote]

Wasn't there an older and bigger model? It didn't get as good reviews, but that might be because of the size.

I got the current one and it's sweet. The buttons are a little stiff, and can make using the analog abilities a little trying, but the rest is top-rate.

Well to echo what people here have said:

GC: Wavebird - no rumble, but solid construction and design... just make sure to turn it off when you are done, I've forgotten a couple times and drained the batteries.

XB: Logitech Cordless Precision - smaller (and cheaper) than the Cordless Controller, more like the XB Type S.

PS2: Logitech Cordless Action - again, smaller and cheaper than the previous version, $30 on Amazon. Has a useful auto-off when not being used, and supports rumble.

If you wanna be sneaky, grab the PS2 Cordless Action Controller. Then buy a XB/GC/PC to PS2 controller converters, put them together and you're set! It's the best gamepad possible for your PC. It maps nicely to the GC controls, and you'll have rumble, which the Wavebird doesn't.

[quote name='jkam']I have the Fountech AirStyle for my PS2.

It was the best PS2 wireless controller before the new version of the logitech came out. The airstyle feels just like a PS2 controller.

Now I am kind of wondering....has anyone used both? If so which do you prefer?[/quote]

I use the AirStyle. It has a touchier signal (loses signal if something gets in the way while its not aimed directly at receiver), but the comfort of the controller easily makes up for that...

[quote name='whoknows']Just wondering, what makes the Wavebird so great? Not trying to flame or anything just a question.[/quote]

Comfort, signal strength and battery life. I don't think I've ever dropped a signal and the batteries last for a good while. Only downsides are no rumble feature and no indicator of low battery life...

[quote name='Starky27'][quote name='whoknows']Just wondering, what makes the Wavebird so great? Not trying to flame or anything just a question.[/quote]

Comfort, signal strength and battery life. I don't think I've ever dropped a signal and the batteries last for a good while. Only downsides are no rumble feature and no indicator of low battery life...[/quote]

For my GC, I have one Wavebird and 3 Pelican G3 Pro Wireless controllers. The Pelican ones are just as good as the Wavebird and they have rumble. Unfortunately, it doesn't appear that Pelican makes these controllers anymore. The wireless controllers they make now are total crap. I don't know why they stopped making the other ones.

bread's done
Back