What are the rarest games, systems, swag you have ever owned?

The SwordQuest series was actually only three games containing EarthWorld, FireWorld, and WaterWorld respectively. EarthWorld is incredibly common and not even worth the plastic that contains it, FireWorld is worth about $5 loose or $15 - $20 CIB, WaterWorld is a whole different story being worth $150 loose. It's one of the few 2600 games that is actually worth something, a sealed copy is easily worth $500, and would most likely get $1,500 or more if the sealed market for 2600 stuff is as strong as other consoles. I know that the vast majority of sealed Atari stuff is worthless, but I couldn't imagine there being more than a few sealed WaterWorlds out there.

You'd probably be best off finding that game and storing it somewhere better than a garage. I know this forum is littered with people who think the whole idea of "games as investments" is retarded, but your game truly is only going to appreciate.

Gah, I'm jealous of some of the stuff you guys have. The rarest stuff I have are cart-only copies of Earthbound and Chrono Trigger. And the second version SNES, if that's even that rare. I had three of 'em at one point. One burnt itself out when my brother left it on for two weeks (no LED indicator means he didn't know!), one was stolen, and the third is still in use because I don't want to damage my original system further.

[quote name='Doomstink']The SwordQuest series was actually only three games containing EarthWorld, FireWorld, and WaterWorld respectively. EarthWorld is incredibly common and not even worth the plastic that contains it, FireWorld is worth about $5 loose or $15 - $20 CIB, WaterWorld is a whole different story being worth $150 loose. It's one of the few 2600 games that is actually worth something, a sealed copy is easily worth $500, and would most likely get $1,500 or more if the sealed market for 2600 stuff is as strong as other consoles. I know that the vast majority of sealed Atari stuff is worthless, but I couldn't imagine there being more than a few sealed WaterWorlds out there.

You'd probably be best off finding that game and storing it somewhere better than a garage. I know this forum is littered with people who think the whole idea of "games as investments" is retarded, but your game truly is only going to appreciate.[/QUOTE]
Oh, I thought of selling it. I remember checking ebay right after I finished that AVGN video. But I would've have sworn they weren't going for a lot. I'll check some completed when I get home today though. $1500 would be pretty damn nice to have now.

Oh and I'm pretty sure it was 4 games. The Nerd mentioned the fourth was never released since Atari was sold to another company at the time it was supposed to come out.

ive owned alot of rarities over the past 5-6 years most of them were sold already.

sold
metal gear solid original for ps1 signed by kojima
mgs 3 limited edition
samba de amigo wii ipod nano (won this at nintendo world)
ninja five-o sealed
mass effect limited collectors edition
psone combo lcd+system

i still own

steel battalion huge bundle sealed
mario ddr sealed (not so valuable anymore)
mario party 7 bundle
mario kart bundle

I've owned many of what are now rare games. Tengen Tetris, Earthbound, The first FF, FFIV, FFVI, Chrono Trigger, Ogre Battle. But the reason they are all rare now, I like most other people back then didn't keep original boxes and stuff like that. I ended up trading in most of those games to Funco Land when I got my PSX and stopped playing my SNES.

For actual collecting I don't have much besides a Sealed LE of ToV.

I don't really have anything truly "rare", but I do have some harder to find items.

Sealed copy of FFVI advance for GBA (picked up when CC went out of business)
Beyond Good & Evil for Gamecube (mint)
Gamecube component cables (picked up for $5 at Gamestop)
Sealed Metroid Prime Trilogy (bought during that BB sale when it was $20)
Ico PS2 ("free" from Goozex) - But I gave this to my friend as a gift as I don't have a PS2
Dreamfall for the xbox (Goozex, near mint- not sure how hard this is to find?)
Tetris DS (Goozex, mint)
A couple of the bit:generations games imported from Japan (Dotstream and Dialhex, both mint)
Zelda Minish Cap (cart only)

heh wow listing it out like that it's actually almost all Nintendo stuff- but that is the system I play the least hehe.

Ruahrc

[quote name='eddie291']Oh, I thought of selling it. I remember checking ebay right after I finished that AVGN video. But I would've have sworn they weren't going for a lot. I'll check some completed when I get home today though. $1500 would be pretty damn nice to have now.

Oh and I'm pretty sure it was 4 games. The Nerd mentioned the fourth was never released since Atari was sold to another company at the time it was supposed to come out.[/QUOTE]

The last complete copy of the game sold for $439. I don't think any sealed copies have sold in a very long time. My $1,500 estimate would be reliant on the condition of the game. If it is a mint, I'd see no reason why you couldn't get that much. You'd have to list it as a Buy It Now and then sit it on it for a while, but the right buyer would eventually show up.

Like I said, I'd doubt that there is more than 50 sealed copies of WaterWorld out there in the wild. I'm not sure how the sealed collecting community is on the Atari, but sealed sought after NES and SNES era games go for insane amounts. I'd imagine the few rare and sought after Atari games would be no different.

I have a lot of rare games but I say probably my most rarest is listed below.

Games-Donkey Kong Arcade Machine
Mass Effect 1 collector's edition sealed
Neo-Geo Aes collection (Including Metal Slug 3 & 4)

Swag-Mega Man 9 press kit

@ruahrc
Never heard of videogameinstructionbooklets.com? You can buy the box + manual for like 8$ shipping to complete it.

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']I don't have anything that rare at all. I guess my rarest stuff would probably be every mario/wario land game out there (Minus the virtual boy version). I own SML, SML2:6 Golden Coins, SML3:Wario Land, Wario Land 2, Wario Land 3, Wario Land 4, Wario Land: Shake It.[/QUOTE]

I don't recall if it has a subtitle but do you have the Warioland game for GC? The one on VB was the first one I played and got me into the series.

[quote name='LottaGames']I don't recall if it has a subtitle but do you have the Warioland game for GC? The one on VB was the first one I played and got me into the series.[/QUOTE]

That'd be Wario World. It was actually developed by Treasure (Gunstar Heroes, Radiant Silvergun, etc.), believe it or not!
Also, there are 2 versions of Wario Land 2 - the original and a Game Boy Color enhanced version.

Plus the spin-offs:
Wario's Woods (NES, SNES, & GB versions)
Wario Blast (Wario & Bomberman!)
Mario & Wario (JP import SNES-mouse puzzle game)

On a related note, Wario had a cameo in the Japan-only "Densetsu no Starfy 3" on GBA!

[quote name='Doomstink']The SwordQuest series was actually only three games containing EarthWorld, FireWorld, and WaterWorld respectively. EarthWorld is incredibly common and not even worth the plastic that contains it, FireWorld is worth about $5 loose or $15 - $20 CIB, WaterWorld is a whole different story being worth $150 loose. It's one of the few 2600 games that is actually worth something, a sealed copy is easily worth $500, and would most likely get $1,500 or more if the sealed market for 2600 stuff is as strong as other consoles. I know that the vast majority of sealed Atari stuff is worthless, but I couldn't imagine there being more than a few sealed WaterWorlds out there.

You'd probably be best off finding that game and storing it somewhere better than a garage. I know this forum is littered with people who think the whole idea of "games as investments" is retarded, but your game truly is only going to appreciate.[/QUOTE]

I didn't learn all this until years later. Had Earth and Fire, never understood a damn thing. Little did I know these secondhand games should come with a comic and were part of a contest. Not sure what made me remember them and look for info online but it was a bit of a surprise. Yeah it was supposed to be 4 parts but Airworld was never completed. Water is fairly rare though so this person has something worth holding onto sealed or not.

I like knowing my collection has some value and may go up. However I understand it's not the kind of collection to treat as an investment. Just buy what looks good and see what happens after that.

[quote name='Gameboy415']That'd be Wario World. It was actually developed by Treasure (Gunstar Heroes, Radiant Silvergun, etc.), believe it or not!
Also, there are 2 versions of Wario Land 2 - the original and a Game Boy Color enhanced version.

Plus the spin-offs:
Wario's Woods (NES, SNES, & GB versions)
Wario Blast (Wario & Bomberman!)
Mario & Wario (JP import SNES-mouse puzzle game)

On a related note, Wario had a cameo in the Japan-only "Densetsu no Starfy 3" on GBA![/QUOTE]

Oops, WarioWorld, lol. Yup that's the one.

The spinoffs aren't really 'Wario' games, more like cameos to me. When I say I have all the Mario/Zelda/Metroid games made I'm talking about the main series. Sure I have Punch Out or Metroid Pinball but I don't know if I'm missing any special appearances elsewhere. We know Nin likes to use their characters in so many different games.

I'm like Doomstink in that I prefer to resell the rare/high value game stuff rather than collect/hold most of it, but that mainly applies to rare/high value games I don't want or are crap. I'll pick up the uber-rare-yet-lousy games if I can get them dirt cheap simply to flip 'em, but as for my personal collection I tend to focus on collecting in other categories outside of video games - mainly film props and paraphenalia premiere party giveaways etc., comics, vintage toys, art, and weapons.

The bulk of the stuff in my video game collection is composed of the games I actually enjoy playing, but like doomstink I've had many "rare" and/or high value things pass on through and resold. Not sure which of these is the "rarest", but some of the more notable items currently in my collection/possession, off the top of my head (I know many of you have already seen these pics...eventually I will set up my game room and take new pics but for now most of my goodies are in controlled environment storage):

Earthbound complete with everything near mint/mint - found it via a craigslist ad (full story in the craigslist finds thread) along with another dozen complete/mint SNES games, some loose SNES games, an SNES "S" or 2nd version, the 2 Zelda collections on Gamecube (both sealed), and a bunch of cart only original Gameboy games, paid $140 total for everything.

This allowed me to "upgrade" my mint cart only copy, and I've gone through about a dozen or so Earthbound carts and a couple of the strategy guides that I've paid anywhere from ~$.50 (craigslist bulk game purchase of roughly 300 SNES, NES, and Genesis mostly cart only for $140) to $20 for it and resold for substantially more. One guy had 2 cart only copies of it along with a bunch of other rare/high value SNES and NES games that I paid $100 total for about 15-20 of them. Resold the carts for ~$100 a piece...I love it when one or two items in a purchase end up paying for everything (sometimes more).

Various notable complete and near mint/mint SNES games - most of these I purchased when they were originally released.

Bah just look through the game pics - I use this photobucket account to take pics of my current notable scores (and some of the older notable ones).

Complete Virtual Boy US collection - all games complete in box, and IIRC a couple still sealed. I bought the entire collection off someone via craigslist for $100 or $120.

I've got a bunch of recent generation sealed games that are desirable - Ico (not as much anymore with the re-release), Metal Gear Solid: Twin Snakes, LoZ Collection and OoT/MQ as noted, Ninja 5-O, Shantae, Metal Gear Solid GBC, a ton more for current gen. - Metroid Trilogy etc.

Complete but opened I've got the usual suspects, most of the PS1 high demand "rarities"/high values particularly the rpgs, same with Saturn, Genesis, etc.

Various rare, obscure systems as well as some of their rare games - TurboDuo, Turbo CD, NeoGeo AES, Japanese Saturn, X'Eye...I'll have to go through the boxes most of these were bought in sets/collections and I haven't gone through them in a long time. There's no doubt other stuff but that's what I can think of and if it's really rare I've most likely sold it off.

[quote name='eddie291']Oh, I thought of selling it. I remember checking ebay right after I finished that AVGN video. But I would've have sworn they weren't going for a lot. I'll check some completed when I get home today though. $1500 would be pretty damn nice to have now.

Oh and I'm pretty sure it was 4 games. The Nerd mentioned the fourth was never released since Atari was sold to another company at the time it was supposed to come out.[/QUOTE]

Hey I'll trade you for a Minty CIB Fast, lol.

a game boy light I suppose, don't have anything too rare, got it when it was newish hmm should check if it and the gameboy color still work sometime. It apparently goes for a bit on ebay, if $69 buy it now prices are to be believed. Hmm and einhander is I suppose a bit rare have an english and a japanese copy, love that game.

I don't have that many things that are super valuable but I like to think I have a few rarer things.

Game wise
Sealed Lunar Silver Star Story Complete - looking to sell haven't got what I want for it yet.
Little Samson
Panic Restaurant
Dragon Warrior 4
Snatcher
Flying Keio Squadron

Other cool stuff include a bunch of original handbills for Zelda 1, 2, Metroid, SMB games, etc.

IGN held a contest last year for a signed copy of Final Fantasy XIII and 3 figures of the characters and a bunch of merch for the game...and I won it!

Proud to say that I own the Xbox and PS3 versions of the game :D

3 years ago, or so, I had a sealed copy of College Basketball 2K3 for the GC. Sold it to pay for unexpected taxes.

Right now, my rarest stuff includes a Turbo Duo, and a handful of Saturn imports.

Only rare thing I got is Harvest Moon 64..at least I remember it being rare.

This was also the last game I remember picking out "cuz the box looked cool" :p

[quote name='Chuplayer']Gold Zelda-themed Game Boy Camera. Hells yeah.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='wugenius']That zelda themed gameboy camera sounds sweet![/QUOTE]

10209008.jpg

TheLegendofZeldaGameMiltonBradley3.jpg

bread's done
Back