What are up with these avatars that are shaped like man-parts?

WatPalin2.jpg

Correction:
What is up with these avatars that are shaped like penises?

Well, technically it's not penises, it's penii, since it's plural.

What is up with these avatars that are shaped like penii?

You butcherer of languages you.

I think it's only because a mod (mods?) are doing it that it's okay. I mean, really though, only lilboo should have this as an avatar. It's just appropriate. Otherwise, it's offensive.

I think it is wholly appropriate for me to have Sir Charles Cockwin as my avatar. Thematic consistency and all, y'know?

EDIT: You can sort of see it unfold here. I'm just glad that I haven't seen anyone use the particularly disturbing avatar with the misshapen testicles.

[quote name='Dead of Knight']I think it's only because a mod (mods?) are doing it that it's okay. I mean, really though, only lilboo should have this as an avatar. It's just appropriate. Otherwise, it's offensive.[/quote]

well prob the few girls on this site could get away with it as well.

[quote name='Dead of Knight']I think it's only because a mod (mods?) are doing it that it's okay. I mean, really though, only lilboo should have this as an avatar. It's just appropriate. Otherwise, it's offensive.[/QUOTE]

:rofl: :grouphug:

[quote name='Ikohn4ever']well prob the few girls on this site could get away with it as well.[/quote]

No... no thanks. I'm good with my usual avatar.:whistle2:s

[quote name='Obscur']Correction:
What is up with these avatars that are shaped like penises?

Well, technically it's not penises, it's penii, since it's plural.

What is up with these avatars that are shaped like penii?

You butcherer of languages you.[/quote]

I am pretty sure penises is the correct way to say it. It something to uhh..look into...I guess?

[quote name='VioletArrows']No... no thanks. I'm good with my usual avatar.:whistle2:s[/quote]

well your bow could have vaginal connotations especially with an arrow going through it;)

[quote name='Ikohn4ever']well your bow could have vaginal connotations especially with an arrow going through it;)[/QUOTE]

/head asplode

[quote name='Dead of Knight']I think it's only because a mod (mods?) are doing it that it's okay. I mean, really though, only lilboo should have this as an avatar. It's just appropriate. Otherwise, it's offensive.[/QUOTE]

That's disgustingly hypocritical.

You're not serious, are you?

[quote name='LinkinPrime']How are these offensive? It's obviously just for laughs, you can't tell me you are seriously offended with penis shaped avatars with faces, clothing, hair, and accessories?[/quote]

So if I take something that would normally be offensive, I can jsut throw in some nice bits and its cool?

I'm thinking a nice new signature of some nice two girls one cup action with drawn in ice cream cones would be fine then.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']It's obviously just for laughs, you can't tell me you are seriously offended with penile shaped avatars with faces, clothing, hair, and accessories? [/quote]Really?

Oh. I just... I just took a picture of my dick on a snowy day.

[quote name='help1']So if I take something that would normally be offensive, I can jsut throw in some nice bits and its cool?

I'm thinking a nice new signature of some nice two girls one cup action with drawn in ice cream cones would be fine then.[/quote]

The site is geared toward a PG-13 audience, unless Cheapy disagree's with me, I'm pretty sure that still fits within that intention.

If it really offends you, I would suggest you email Cheapy, or better yet download Ad-Block Plus if you are using firefox and just block them yourself.

The only one that really doesn't is lordwow's. I mean come on that one dude has veins running through his. I'm a bit annoyed by it. When I'm browsing the forums I don't want D's all up in my face.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']The site is geared toward a PG-13 audience, unless Cheapy disagree's with me, I'm pretty sure that still fits within that intention.

If it really offends you, I would suggest you email Cheapy, or better yet download Ad-Block Plus if you are using firefox and just block them yourself.[/QUOTE]

Why should we have to use Ad-block when only a few of you haves these as your av's? I actually like most of CAG's user Av's. They are tastful and some are remarkably well designed ( Zew and Moxio's come to mind, among others with great artistic talents. )

Maybe we should make a poll asking all of CAG what they think about this?

Your signature gives me the disturbing mental image of Tobias Funkë at an all-night cottaging party. Could you please change it?

I just don't see why a pair of titties isn't okay, but some dicks with hats are okay? This shit needs to go. Its really fucking with my homophobia. :(

[quote name='pimpinc333']Why should we have to use Ad-block when only a few of you haves these as your av's? I actually like most of CAG's user Av's. They are tastful and some are remarkably well designed ( Zew and Moxio's come to mind, among others with great artistic talents. )

Maybe we should make a poll asking all of CAG what they think about this?[/quote]

Because that's how real life works.

I can't believe you guys are taking this so seriously. I block avatars and signatures all the time...you think I want to see muscle clad men in their tighty whities? Maybe we should ban wrestling avatars/signatures too?

[quote name='tiredfornow']I just don't see why a pair of titties isn't okay, but some dicks with hats are okay? This shit needs to go. Its really fucking with my homophobia. :([/quote]Try putting hats on the titties.

I want to say if you block someone's avatar with Adblock Plus, it blocks *all* avatars. At least I seem to remember it doing that at some point if you right click and choose to block.

I think you can do it manually by getting the poster's ID though, but someone else would have to confirm this.

Just sayin'.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Because that's how real life works.

I can't believe you guys are taking this so seriously. I block avatars and signatures all the time...you think I want to see muscle clad men in their tighty whities? Maybe we should ban wrestling avatars/signatures too?[/QUOTE]

If they have their cocks out then I agree lets ban those as well. fuck it. Ban em anywho. I could careless. Wrestling stinks anywho.

Better yet you should just put those people on your ignore list. That way when that particular 'in group' of CAG starts their next in joke, you won't even have to see it to begin with.

[quote name='Strell']I want to say if you block someone's avatar with Adblock Plus, it blocks *all* avatars. At least I seem to remember it doing that at some point if you right click and choose to block.

I think you can do it manually by getting the poster's ID though, but someone else would have to confirm this.

Just sayin'.[/quote]

Adblock does do that...Adblock Plus does the individual images you select.

[quote name='tiredfornow']I just don't see why a pair of titties isn't okay, but some dicks with hats are okay? This shit needs to go. Its really fucking with my homophobia. :([/quote]

You've hit on a good point. We need to have equal opportunity here on CAG. This site needs more bewbie avatars! Also accepted: Talking vajayjays.

Well I've always run ABP and it did that once, right around the time 2.0 rolled out. I thought the problem was with the site's coding, but removing the blacklisted avatars took care of it. Eh.

[quote name='tiredfornow']Its cool if I draw a terrible looking vagina and have it as an avatar, right?[/quote]
There was a request for CK to do a Vaginal New Years celebration. I figure trying to get support for that is a pretty good way to go about it.

EDIT: But you avatar can stay as it is.

As long as you leave out as much detail as possible while still being able to transmit the idea that it is a vj.

If people are honestly offended and simply cannot bring themselves to use adblock or whatever for whatever reason, I'll get rid of them. But lots of people seem at least entertained by them. I've had more than a couple requests. Requests I'm happy to fill.

And don't be spouting that trash about the OTT being behind shit like this. *I* did this as a sort of joke, because we used to do it on everyone's whiteboards in my dorm. People want to join in the ridickulousness of it, and thats fine too.

And hey, its kinda fun to see how someone's request turns out. Cockwin was especially pleasing.

Meh I actually could careless. I don't find it offensive one bit. I do find it a tiny bit distasteful but if you guys love the cock that much, then so be it. It's a free country, do what you will.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Do you guys piss all over the floor when you go pee because you can't stand to look at a penis too? :lol:[/QUOTE]

No. Answer me this. Are you that guy whom goes piss in a public restroom and stares at other dudes cocks while they are taking a piss?

I'm no fan of looking at other dudes D's be it real or a drawing.

bread's done
Back