What are you asking for this holiday season?

seanr1221

CAGiversary!
Feedback
27 (100%)
The title pretty much says it all.

What are you asking your parents/girlfriend or boyfriend/spouse/etc. to get you for this holiday season?

For me, I can only think of Mass Effect. Usually I get one big gift (last year was the Wii, year before that was a 5.1 sound system) but this year I'm hitting a wall.

Anyway, I always find it interesting to see what people are asking for.

Feel free to also mention what you are buying people this year.

I dont know what I want this year and to keep it safe seeing people in my family can never seem to get the right thing if you ask directly I usually just ask for Gift Cards..

As far as other people go im not sure no one has made a list or really hinted to anything yet but my brother that wants a PS3 lol if its to much for me im not buying you one unless its a joint effort..

I dont know yet there is still over a month yet till Xmas so the list's will start comming

Wah Pedal or one of the following:

Hellgate London
Assassin's Creed
Guitar Hero 3
The Witcher
Super Mario Galaxy

Bunch to choose from this year, and I'll probably end up buying myself a game.

My mother forces me to make her list every year (she actually burst into tears and told me I was ruining Christmas last year when I told her I didn't want anything), so I make a list of a few things and tell her to pick and choose. The 'pick and choose part' eludes her, as this is what I know she's got for me:

Red vs Blue t-shirt and sweatshirt
Zelda Phantom Hourglass
New Super Mario Bros
God Of War II
Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles (not on the list)
Wii (not on the list)

The word 'moderation' is not in that woman's vocabulary :roll:

My parents always want to get me at least one big item, so I think I am going to ask for a Zune 80gb. My ipod manages to play for about 45 minutes before using all of its battery, so I think it is time for a new mp3 player.

You know I was thinking about this. I feel guilty when someone straight up asks me what I want for Christmas, so I toss out the obligatory "Oh you don't have to give me anything" and sometimes I really mean it because maybe I don't want to buy that person anything. :lol: Its hard to shop for me though, I tend to buy stuff I really want quickly. This is why I end up with a lot of gift cards but thats pretty cool so I can save them for throughout the year.

Usually people just get me random Superman collectible stuff or Volcom clothing as two general things I like. If I do make a wishlist this year I'll have to toss on all the new releases I want and maybe other smaller things I need. I stopped getting big presents from the parents a long time ago. My mom usually just figures out what cologne I use and gets a gift set and my dad just gives me a lesson during the feats of strength under the Festivus pole.

I sincerely hope people save their money and don't get me anything. One of the (few) benefits of being an adult with a "real" job is that at any point during the year if I want something for myself I just buy it. Christmas is all about the kids now anyway.

Nothing. I usually get what I want when it comes out so waiting for the holidays is pointless. The only thing I ask of my wife is to make sure she makes cookies. MMMMM...

I normally ask for money, since I tend to put it toward bigger things. I still need an HDTV, so I'll just combine whatever I get from my birthday/christmas and put it toward that.

I know I'll end up with gift cards and clothes that don't fit well though, that's a given.

oh oh oh I wants twos BFG GeForce 8800GT OC vid cards. It's damn time for an upgrade.

I'm not going to be able to have a big Christmas this year unfortunately. :whistle2:( Thankfully, part of my present was a PS3 last year.

Depends upon how much I can get.

My #1 choice is a Nintendo Wii, but that amount might not be able to be spent on me this choice.

Otherwise, it will be:
1. Eye of Judgment or DDR Universe 2 w/pad
2. Beautiful Katamari or FFT: The War of Lions or Syphon Filter: Logan's Shadow (retail)

or

1. Guitar Hero III or Time Crisis 4
2. GGXX: AC or some DS game

I'm leaning towards Eye of Judgment and Beautiful Katamari. If I can get more, I'll add more.

[quote name='xmrblondex']an authentic NBA Jersey. I want either an Arenas Alternate, or a Turiaf Alternae[/quote]

Arenas isn't going to be a Wizard for much longer. IIRC he can opt out in the next year or two. I could be wrong but it's something to consider.

Yeah. I never got the point of buying authentic NBA Jerseys. If the player get traded, the jersey goes out of style.

I just buy the customized NBA Jerseys with my last name and my favorite number (12) on the back.

I always ask for video games all around. Most of my relatives give me gift cards or money anyway and that works out since I don't know them and therefore don't ask them for anything. As for my parents and girlfriend it's mostly just video games with some other shit thrown in (my parents always get me something I don't ask for just so that it's a surprise and it's usually interesting, last year it was a fire/waterproof safe...)

Stuff I want for Christmas most people won't get me (my parents aren't big on getting me video games anymore). But I'll throw out a list for parents/wife which will include a couple games I've put off buying and now that I've renewed my obsession thanks to some rereleases, GI Joes, probably the 25th Anniversary box sets.

[quote name='RAMSTORIA']im going to ask for computer parts so i can build a new computer. anything i dont get ill just pick up to complete it.[/quote]

Haha, same here.

For the Giants to go to the Superbowl

if that doesnt happen, i'd be happy with a nice card

(none of that cheap printout shit though, im talkin Hallmark)

I wouldn't mind a crap-load of Frank Miller graphic novels, though I think everyone will pretty much get me videos games I already own. *sigh*

My sister, my parents, and myself are each putting in $125 and buying farms for two african families. My sister was in Africa this year to teach english to african children, and she heard about this program. All of the money goes directly to buying a farm for a family ($250/farm), and isn't stolen/scammed by the African government. From what she's heard, the program is very successful, and that $250 farm will generate enough revenue for that family that they will have enough money for the rest of their lives. They do all the farm work themselves, and I believe they get a few animals, a fairly good chunk of land, and seeds for crops.

It's a really neat program, and this will be the first year that my family and I choose not to have a materialistic Christmas. I'm excited about it, and will be glad to be helping someone else out.

I'm also donating over 100 videogames and 5 systems to a hospital, for children suffering from terminal illnesses. I lived as a poor student for so long...so now that I have some extra money, it's a pretty sweet feeling to be able to give something back however I can.

In keeping with the topic, if I could ask for one thing this holiday season, it would be Super Mario Galaxy. I'm so excited for it, but simply don't have the time to play it right now, so won't be picking it up.

[quote name='marcus12024']My sister, my parents, and myself are each putting in $125 and buying farms for two african families. My sister was in Africa this year to teach english to african children, and she heard about this program. All of the money goes directly to buying a farm for a family ($250/farm), and isn't stolen/scammed by the African government. From what she's heard, the program is very successful, and that $250 farm will generate enough revenue for that family that they will have enough money for the rest of their lives. They do all the farm work themselves, and I believe they get a few animals, a fairly good chunk of land, and seeds for crops.

It's a really neat program, and this will be the first year that my family and I choose not to have a materialistic Christmas. I'm excited about it, and will be glad to be helping someone else out.

I'm also donating over 100 videogames and 5 systems to a hospital, for children suffering from terminal illnesses. I lived as a poor student for so long...so now that I have some extra money, it's a pretty sweet feeling to be able to give something back however I can.

In keeping with the topic, if I could ask for one thing this holiday season, it would be Super Mario Galaxy. I'm so excited for it, but simply don't have the time to play it right now, so won't be picking it up.[/QUOTE]

What country? It sounds like a good idea, but I am always skeptic anout this type of stuff.

[quote name='marcus12024']My sister, my parents, and myself are each putting in $125 and buying farms for two african families. My sister was in Africa this year to teach english to african children, and she heard about this program. All of the money goes directly to buying a farm for a family ($250/farm), and isn't stolen/scammed by the African government. From what she's heard, the program is very successful, and that $250 farm will generate enough revenue for that family that they will have enough money for the rest of their lives. They do all the farm work themselves, and I believe they get a few animals, a fairly good chunk of land, and seeds for crops.

[/QUOTE]

Can you link me to that program? My boyfriend is interested in charity gifts for Christmas instead of presents, so that sounds like something right up his alley.

I generally don't ask for anything in particular. Most of my relatives just give me giftcards or shitty presents regardless of my interests. My parents would get me something I ask for, but they too also buy a ton of crap I don't need on top of that. My mom is very much like PRMega's mom, except she doesn't cry if I don't give her a list; she just gets me a ton of shit anyway.

[quote name='ananag112']What country? It sounds like a good idea, but I am always skeptic anout this type of stuff.[/quote]

I was quite skeptical too, but my sister heard from a lot of people while overseas, and this program seems to be legit. I'll get all the links and info from her tonight and post them here.

The hardest part about any charity/donations to South Africa is that the government as a whole is fairly corrupt, and most donations don't ever get to the people, instead they (further) line the pockets of the government at the highest levels.

[quote name='becuzimbrown']For the Giants to go to the Superbowl[/quote]

Amen. That would be just about the best thing ever.

[quote name='javeryh']I sincerely hope people save their money and don't get me anything. One of the (few) benefits of being an adult with a "real" job is that at any point during the year if I want something for myself I just buy it. Christmas is all about the kids now anyway.[/QUOTE]

Couldn't have said it better.

My son is due mid-December and all I want for Christmas is a healthy wife and baby.

'course, if someone wants to buy me a PS3, I'd appreciate that too. But I ain't askin'.

[quote name='Lieutenant Dan']Arenas isn't going to be a Wizard for much longer. IIRC he can opt out in the next year or two. I could be wrong but it's something to consider.[/QUOTE]A little off topic but IMO, there needs to be a 3 or 4 way trade, involving the Bulls, Wizards, Lakers, and maybe someone else, to send Kobe to the Bulls (where he wants to play), Arenas to the Lakers, and so on.

[quote name='ananag112']Yeah. I never got the point of buying authentic NBA Jerseys. If the player get traded, the jersey goes out of style.

I just buy the customized NBA Jerseys with my last name and my favorite number (12) on the back.[/QUOTE]You don't want to imagine how many jerseys of mine have gone outdated. :whistle2:( I use to buy a jersey to just about every Bulls player, but just after I bought a jersey (last one I bought was Elton Brand), they are traded.

[quote name='SpazX']I always ask for video games all around. [/QUOTE]We are just alike. :D

my brothers and I are going to pick up all the good games (assassins creed, mass effect, supper mario galaxy, super smash bros brawl, wipeout hd) on their release dates so christmas might be quiet this year. maybe ill get a gphone.

Um, I don't know.. probably nothing, but maybe the latest Phoenix Wright or something simple.

Most of what I want, I plan to get myself before then anyway.

[quote name='javeryh']I sincerely hope people save their money and don't get me anything. One of the (few) benefits of being an adult with a "real" job is that at any point during the year if I want something for myself I just buy it. Christmas is all about the kids now anyway.[/QUOTE]

I'm really torn on this. On one hand, I completely agree with this statement. I don't have my own kids, but watching the nieces/nephews get excited and get gifts (they range from 7 to 2 this year, so in the past, there has really only been one incident when they weren't completely appreciative). My mother in law also goes nuts at Christmas, and really can't afford it, so I would really rather that she got me nothing or something really small. That would actually be the perfect gift.

On the other hand, Christmas and video games are so interlinked with me, and I have many memories of getting and enjoying games between my bday (on Dec 22nd) through Christmas, and then playing them after. So, to not get 2-3 games for Christmas that are of upper quality would really damper the season. Though, my parents send me money every year, so I just spend it on games. This year will be a nice copy of Halo 3 that I picked up last week (used from Gamestop) and I'll probably add Saint's Row to it.

[quote name='javeryh']I sincerely hope people save their money and don't get me anything. One of the (few) benefits of being an adult with a "real" job is that at any point during the year if I want something for myself I just buy it. Christmas is all about the kids now anyway.[/quote]

When you have kids, they are all that matters at Christmas. I am thankful for the gifts I receive but it's not really a big deal for me. I have a four-year old son who is now a Star Wars fan (thanks to Lego SW). This is the first year that he has actually asked for certain gifts. The best gift I will receive this year is watching him open his gifts. I am so excited for him. :bouncy:

bread's done
Back