What are you currently reading? Post here!

Just finished Harry Potter and The Deathly Hallows and i also finished the Mistborn trilogy. Both were very good. Next, i am going to read 1634: The Bavarian Crisis.

I have been for the past month been reading all of Steve Berry's books. I am currently on my last book The Romanov Prophecy. Good so far just like the rest of his books.

At any given time I have at 5 or more books that I'm reading.

- When you are engulfed in flames - David Sedaris

- Wetlands - Charlotte Roche

- Haunted - Chuck Palahniuk

- Pussy Pow Wow - Mr. Pottymouth

- The other side of desire: Four journeys into the far realms of lust and longing - Daniel Bergner

- Essential Silver Surfer Vol. 1 - Stan Lee, Jack Kirby, and John Buscema

[quote name='Maklershed']Have you ever read A Thousand Splendid Suns? It's very good.[/QUOTE]

Oh yeah, I did read this book - very good stuff!

I just started reading Akira. I can't put it down. I really have no excuse for not reading this until now, especially since the movie is one of my all-time favorites.

And Mak, that new avatar is fucking awesome.

comic books lol. got caught up in the blackest night storyline as well as marvels dark reign. alot of interesting things have been happening in both universes so its been fun catching up and seeing where characters or arent. its cool to see other comic book villans taking a stab on bigtime conquest maybe someday if dc and marvel do a crossover they will have norman osbourne vs lex luthor.

Went to the library and picked up the first 3 Sookie Stackhouse (True Blood) books as well as The Road and Paradise Lost.

I had a really long list of other books but my small library and down the street from my didn't really have any of them so I'll have to request them or buy them eventually. Really want to start reading the Dexter books too.

I've been re-reading the Harry Potter books every other book I read. I finished the newest book from the Fate of the Jedi series, Omen then finished Harry Potter and The Prisoner of Azkaban this morning. Already working on Blink by Malcolm Gladwell.

Just finished The Dangerous World of Butterflies. It was much better than I was expecting it to be.

[quote name='shieryda']Pride and Prejudice and Zombies.[/QUOTE]

That's next on my list, once Amazon delivers it.

"the nymphos of rocky flats" ex-soldier turned vampire sent to investigate a breakout of nymphomania amongst the female workers of a company.... seriously, whats not to love

I finished The Blind Side by Michael Lewis a few weeks ago, which was about Ravens rookie OT Michael Oher and the LT position.

About halfway through The Hobbit by J.R.R. Tolkien right now.

At the Mountains of Madness and Other Tales of Terror - H.P. Lovecraft

The Road - Cormac McCarthy

My wife just finished Pride and Prejudice and Zombies so I may read that next.

I had to return my copy to the library before I could finish it. I'm on chapter 45, so I need to get it again. I was enjoying it while I had it.

Finished
The Black Hole War by Leonard Susskind
Feynman's Rainbow by Leonard Mlodinow

Starting
Business Stripped Bare by Sir Richard Branson

Haven't really read anything these past couple months. Just read Darkly Dreaming Dexter by Jeff Lindsay this past week. It's worth a read. For those who have seen the show, there is a good amount of differences from the TV series that still makes it worth reading.

Realized while I was reading The Third Secret that I know absolutely nothing about Papal history so now I'm on to Saints and Sinners: A History of the Popes by Dr. Eamon Duffy.

I am kind of on an early American history kick right now (finished His Excellency George Washington and Washington's Crossing earlier this summer).

Now, I am reading John Adams by David McCullough. Excellent book, definitely deserved the Pulitzer Prize.

Finished The Road in one day. Compelling to say the least. I wanted to read the book before the movie came out so I can bitch about the movie not getting it right.

[quote name='sgs89']I am kind of on an early American history kick right now (finished His Excellency George Washington and Washington's Crossing earlier this summer).

Now, I am reading John Adams by David McCullough. Excellent book, definitely deserved the Pulitzer Prize.[/QUOTE]

If you haven't done so, check out 1776 and Mayflower. Both are fantastic.

hunt.jpg

The End of Faith: Religion, Terror, and the Future of Reason by Sam Harris

"The only angels we need invoke are those of our better nature: reason, honesty, and love. The only demons we must fear are those that lurk inside every human mind: ignorance, hatred, greed, and faith, which is surely the devil's masterpiece."

Almost finished the Cryptonomicon by Neal Stephenson and will reread Snow Crash and read the whole Baroque Cycle series, also by Stephenson.

[quote name='jaykrue']Almost finished the Cryptonomicon by Neal Stephenson and will reread Snow Crash and read the whole Baroque Cycle series, also by Stephenson.[/QUOTE]

I j ust saw that book (Cryptonomicon) when I was packing up all my books today, and it reminded me that I never finished. I should try and finish that some day when I have the time.

[quote name='rodeojones903']Speaker for the Dead by Orson Scott Card for the third time. By far my favorite of the Ender series.[/QUOTE]

No way. Speaker for the Dead is good, but Ender's Game was better.

[quote name='bmachine']The End of Faith: Religion, Terror, and the Future of Reason by Sam Harris[/QUOTE]

How is this? It will probably be my next nonfiction read.

Just finished Foundation and Earth and it was fantastic. Best sci-fi genre novel I've read. I highly recommend it. I will warn that its part of a series but it stands on its own (which you can take from me considering I hadn't read any of the series :lol:).

[quote name='rabbitt']How is this? It will probably be my next nonfiction read.[/QUOTE]

This is actually my second time through it. I think it's pretty brilliant.

He was on Bill Maher a couple of weeks ago and I felt compelled to re-read it.

bread's done
Back