What are you doing with your SIXAXIS contollers?

Kendal

CAGiversary!
Feedback
56 (100%)
I have two of these guys laying around the house. I have one DS3 coming to me and am thinking of getting another DS3 with trade-in credit or sell them. I really don't have many friends to play games with and only really need 2 controllers at an given time. So what are you guys doing with your controllers? This is for those who are upgrading. If you aren't upgrading, please don't post dumb shit about the DS3 being too expensive or dumb or anything like that. Thank you.

I'm keeping it. When I get around to picking a DS3 up (I'm playing catch up on games right now), I'll just hand the sixaxis over to the missus.

i bought a japanese black ds3 for 55 bucks 3 months ago. placed the sixaxis in the same box and removed the "DUALSHOCK" cardboard slip thing inside and re-sold it on ebay for 35 bucks. that's what all you guys should do. doubt you'll get 30 for it now though.

If I can get $24 a piece from GameStop, I will trade those in asap. I will get my new controller and be happy with it.

I am also wondering how many controllers everyone already has too. Like I said, I have 2 with another one on the way. I really don't need more than 2 controllers, so getting a new DS3 for basically free, since I got one 6axis with the system and the other one a friend bought because he wanted to play Warhawk with me. We played once.

It will be my new Player 2 default controller .

I would love to have the Metal Gear PS3 Dual Shock 3 .

I guess I'll have to settle for black .

Backups. On the rare occasion I have friends over to play, it's nice to have them around. I've actually got 2 SIXAXIS controllers because they came with my console. I wish I would have picked up another DS3 while I was in Japan - I got mine used for $42 and it's perfect.

Eh. I'll probably trade both in for a DS3. Stupid? Yeah. But if I have friends over, we're playing 360, not PS3.. and I can't see any local co-op multiplayer PS3 games coming out any time soon.. and even if they do, my friend has a PS3, so he could just bring his over. So there's really no reason to keep both for me..

Now watch, I'll dump them both, then my DS3 will die on me. Watch.

Keeping them. I have 3, 2 of which are unopened and I like how the SixAxis is light and has a long battery life. I don't care about the rumble and refuse to pay $50+ for a controller when I got the SixAxis controllers for $19.99 each from Amazon

[quote name='Scorch']Eh. I'll probably trade both in for a DS3. Stupid? Yeah. But if I have friends over, we're playing 360, not PS3.. and I can't see any local co-op multiplayer PS3 games coming out any time soon.. and even if they do, my friend has a PS3, so he could just bring his over. So there's really no reason to keep both for me..

Now watch, I'll dump them both, then my DS3 will die on me. Watch.[/quote]

Whenever my friends are over, it's either Warhawk or Halo, so I need the extra PS3 controllers. :/

[quote name='terribledeli']I'm keeping it. When I get around to picking a DS3 up (I'm playing catch up on games right now), I'll just hand the sixaxis over to the missus.[/quote]

Did the same. I even bought her a purdy pink rubber grip for the Sixaxis. Now she won't confuse it with the REAL controller...

I have 2 sixaxis that I am holding on to until there is a good deal on DS3. I will keep them. Only time I play PS3 with people is 2 player but I am still hanging onto it just in case.

[quote name='Jest']I have 2 sixaxis that I am holding on to until there is a good deal on DS3. I will keep them. Only time I play PS3 with people is 2 player but I am still hanging onto it just in case.[/quote]

Same here I think. Once I get 2 DS3s though I might trade the 6axis'.

Let me ask a question for those with DS3. Does it seem heavier? How is control? I've been playing COD4 and I just hate it. I also have it for the 360 and I clean house. It could be that I've more practice with the 360 controller, but what are your opinions?

[quote name='Dante Devil']Let me ask a question for those with DS3. Does it seem heavier? How is control? I've been playing COD4 and I just hate it. I also have it for the 360 and I clean house. It could be that I've more practice with the 360 controller, but what are your opinions?[/quote]

It really pains me to say this because I was such a ps fan and ps controller fan, but...

360 controller >>>>>> any PS3 controller

[quote name='VipFREAK']It really pains me to say this because I was such a ps fan and ps controller fan, but...

360 controller >>>>>> any PS3 controller[/quote]

You are out of your fucking mind.

[quote name='Dante Devil']Let me ask a question for those with DS3. Does it seem heavier? How is control? I've been playing COD4 and I just hate it. I also have it for the 360 and I clean house. It could be that I've more practice with the 360 controller, but what are your opinions?[/quote]
Well, yes it is a bit heavier than the sixaxis. Control seems the same as the sixaxis to me.

And as for DS3 vs 360 controller... both have their positives and negatives. For instance, I like the layout of the sticks better on the 360, but the DPad on it sucks and I can never manage to get comfortable using the shoulder buttons on the 360 with two fingers, but the DS3 is missing the trigger shaped L/R2s. I'd say I prefer the DS3.

I have 2 sixaxis controllers (1 came with system, 1 $19.99 Amazon.com) I will just keep it. I will not get a DS3 until someone has it on sale for a decent price. Plus the battery inside the controllers will eventually die (or malfunction, which ever comes first). So having an extra controller could come in handy down the road.

Keeping them. Just gives me more controllers. I don't really care much for rumble, but I still want a DS3 anyway. I mean, with PS1, I kept the standard controller, dual analog, and dual shock ones.

[quote name='VipFREAK']It really pains me to say this because I was such a ps fan and ps controller fan, but...

360 controller >>>>>> any PS3 controller[/QUOTE]
Sorry, the completely broken 360 D-pad disqualifies it from being better than anything.

[quote name='pete5883']Sorry, the completely broken 360 D-pad disqualifies it from being better than anything.[/QUOTE]

I agree. And the fact that it weighs 90lbs with batteries doesn't help.

My Sixaxis will become the controller for whoever is Player 2 at the time, haha, or I'll probably use it if I'm too lazy to recharge the Dualshock 3.

Until there is a game that absolutely requires dual shock, I am not even going to get one. I am sick of Sony trying to squeeze every penny they can out of consumers. I have 2 PS3s (great blu-ray player) and 4 controllers. I've sunk enough into hardware for now.

And yes, XBOX 360 controller > Sixaxis. I have never had the d-pad cause an issue with any game.

I only have one Sixaxis. I want to get a 2nd one, but by time I was ready to dish out the dough Sony announced the DualShock 3. Once that hits the market and I find it for a good price I'll pick it up and make the Sixaxis the secondary controller.

The 360 D-Pad does suck. Trying to use it to select spells/weapons in Oblivion is maddening. I like the weight and the layout is ok, too. But the D-Pad is just awful.

Overall, the DS3 has all the positives of the 360 controller (heft and rumble), without the minuses (AA batteries and shitty D-Pad).

I bet the DS3 comes bundled with the PS3 from retailers before Sony packs it in.

[quote name='fuss']How the fuck did this become a 360 controller vs a Dualshock thread??[/QUOTE]
Every PS3 feature eventually gets compared to its 360 counterpart. It's a law or something.

Until Sony swaps the locations of the left analog stick and the d-pad I won't be purchasing another PS3 controller, DualShock or not. That factor alone makes me like the 360 controller more than the PSX/PS2/PS3 controllers.

Even if you take the analog stick issue out of the equation entirely, I have no desire to drop another $40-50 on a controller just to have the rumble feature, something I've never cared about in general or missed with the SIXAXIS. If a rumble feature is included with a controller then that's fine. Same as if it isn't. It's no big deal to me if there's rumble or not, but I'm not going to "upgrade" my controller to one that has it just for the sake of having a rumble feature.

Im keeping mine, when a friend comes over, if he asks me if he wants to use my DS3 ill tell him "hey..hey..buy a ps3 to get the full effect k? now STFU and keep playing"

I'm keeping mine, but eventually, after a year or so they'll be replaced.

There's some really interesting things they can do with the combination of rumble and motion constrols and I see games in 2009 and on using that combination in better ways. Thus at that time I'll replace them.

bread's done
Back