What are you getting with your Wii?

i've already pre-ordered and paid for(cash and trade ins) the wii, an extra wiimote-nunchuck, cod 3, gt racing with wiil, red steel.

already have an sd card and not worrying about the vc stuff for a little while! can't wait, midnight on saturday will rule.

T. Foolery

Wii
Component cables
two extra wii-motes
two extra nunchucks

Games
sports, obviously
zelda
red steel

Trauma Center and a few others are on the want list, but I'll wait till they show up used at EB. I've already picked up a couple SD 1-gig cards at MicroCenter for $16 a piece.

Wii
Extra remote/nunchuk
2000 Wii points to start...more later
Zelda
(maybe) Trauma Center
(maybe) Excite Truck

The maybes are dependent on my PS3 proceeds. EB told me this morning that my PS3 premium is finally guaranteed unless the UPS truck explodes (that's literally what the manager said).
Might go hog wild and get even more stuff if i make a particularly pretty penny on the PS3

I'll be getting zelda and thats pretty much it. I want some other games, but launch titles quickly goto $20 and thats what i'll wait for. especially games like excite truck, i know they're fun but because they don't really have any depth or online play it wont be worth 50 bucks imo.

[quote name='evilmax17']I was originally going to get Zelda and Elebits, but Elebits got pushed to an Xmas gift :whistle2:(. I need another game to go with my launch day purchase, but I'm having trouble deciding on which one. I need a game that would be fun being played by multiple people (not necessarily in multiplayer, but taking turns with single player), and that uses Wii functionality pretty well. This reasoning is leading me towards Monkeyball or Rayman, but eh. Both of those games seem like "wait until $10" to me. Of course, this is a console launch, so my buying guidelines are loosened up a little. Kind of want to try out Red Steel too, but I dunno.

Damn you Elebits. You were the perfect launch game. DAMN YOU![/QUOTE]

I'm pretty much in the same boat, only as it works out, after getting a second controller set and a component cable I won't be able to afford a second game anyway (Thanksgiving trip eating up all of my funds), so I guess I'll just ask for Excite Truck and Elebits for Christmas and make do with Wii Sports, Zelda, and possibly a few VC titles.

Well, gonna modify my previous entry a tad.

Getting:
System
Extra Wiimote
Extra Nunchuck
Classic Controller
Component cables
Zelda
Excite Truck

~$480 after tax around here before getting Wii points.

EDIT: Added component cables. Thanks Javery ;)

[quote name='evilmax17']I was originally going to get Zelda and Elebits, but Elebits got pushed to an Xmas gift :whistle2:(. I need another game to go with my launch day purchase, but I'm having trouble deciding on which one. I need a game that would be fun being played by multiple people (not necessarily in multiplayer, but taking turns with single player), and that uses Wii functionality pretty well. This reasoning is leading me towards Monkeyball or Rayman, but eh. Both of those games seem like "wait until $10" to me. Of course, this is a console launch, so my buying guidelines are loosened up a little. Kind of want to try out Red Steel too, but I dunno.

Damn you Elebits. You were the perfect launch game. DAMN YOU![/quote]
I'm in the same situation, I would of probably picked up Elebits with Legend of Zelda, but now I'm not sure what to make my second game.

I was going to get Trauma Center, but it's apparently an exact port of the DS game.

Super Monkey Ball looks alright, and Rayman might be ok. But like you said, these games feel like $10.00 or maybe even $20.00 dollar games. I'd rather spend that $50.00 on Okami, Bully, etc...

...Maybe I'll just wait until GameSpot releases some reviews of all the launch titles, I guess I can survive on Legend of Zelda + Wii Sports for a little while.

[quote name='Prepster']No video game besides wii sports, unless the girlfriend picks up Trauma Center. Nothing is really blowing my mind to buy at the moment, but talk of the launch is making me still pick up a system lol.[/QUOTE]

Wow, I'm not the only one. Around here, we've stocked up on GameCube games and peripherals, since we never owned a 'Cube and want to play some of those games-- we've already picked up about six of them, and all we need now is an extra GBA for FF:CC. Aside from Wii Sports (of course), Wii games can wait a little while...

What we're getting launch day:

Wii system
Extra remote and nunchuck

I'm torn as to whether or not to get the component cables; the PS2 is currently using the component outputs on the TV.

I have the system and Zelda paid in full at EB.

I'm going to get Madden, retro controller, and points card for sure.

I can't imagine playing anything besides Zelda and a few games of football but with EB's trade 3 for any Wii game (canada only) I may have to pick up a few more.

Most interested in.

Red Steel
COD 3
Excite Truck

I think what alot of us are doing is trying to get a few games only because: Yes we ARE very excited for this system. And most of us are getting Zelda--we need a break every now and then. No matter how great the game will be, I know we need to have some other game or 2 involved.

I'm stuck between Zelda, Red Steel, Monkey Ball & Rayman. I decided that I have Trauma Center for DS, and even though there's some added things--it's still the same game. This is added to my list of games to get CAG-Style.

I can't decide if getting both Zelda AND Red Steel is a good option only because they will take time from each other. If I get Monkey Ball & Rayman...at least theres some good party games involved. (I heard the single player in Monkey Ball is pretty decent too?)

Siiigh!!! Not many choices, and yet these are some hard ones!

A box so I can send it to the person who bought it from me on ebay for $450.

I'll get it in 2007 with Zelda, Galaxy, Smash Bros, Metroid, RE umbrella chronicles, and 4 controllers with nunchukas.

[quote name='pop311']I was gonna get Excite Truck, but now that Gamespot gave it a 6.8, I am having second thoughts.[/quote]
I suggest going to a GS/EB and playing it, you'll get a fairly good impression of what you'd be buying in 5 minutes.

Their criticisms seem valid. It's actually really fun, but I agree that the replay value seems limited.

[quote name='evilmax17']I suggest going to a GS/EB and playing it, you'll get a fairly good impression of what you'd be buying in 5 minutes.

Their criticisms seem valid. It's actually really fun, but I agree that the replay value seems limited.[/quote]
It seems like if you are playing by yourself it will get old within a few minutes. But if you have someone to play with like a sibling or a girlfriend/boyfriend it would be really fun but could have used some more variety.

- Console w/Wii Sports
- Marvel Ultimate Alliance
- Classic Controller
- Metal Slug

I really want Madden but I have it for 360 and I'm turned off by the fact it doesn't do online. I may grab it sometime down the line.

Also, are the Controllers/Nunchuck not available? I can't seem to find a listing online for them. I regret not ordering an extra. Can the Classic controller control all the games in a traditional manner or is it just for the old school stuff?

thanks,

RC

Console /w Wii Sports
Zelda
Red Steel

All the other games well looked cool, but no one really did it for me. Trauma Center looked too much like the DS one (while good, I wouldn't want to redo it with updated controlls), Excite Truck had no track editor (really sad here, it is an excite game), and the others were well just didn't do it for me yet. I probably get Farcry around christmas time after I beaten Red Steel. Zelda Red Steel and Wii Sports were the only games that jumped out at me and sold me on buying them plus I only had enough for 2 games.

Wii Console
Extra Controller and nunchuck
Zelda
Monkey Ball or Rayman...cant decide yet

So in all im thinking around $400 and up?....god....cheap system my ass...

Nintendo Wii
Extra Wiimote
Twilight Princess
Red Steel (depending on multiple reviews)

ATM, there's no need for an extra nunchuk. Wii Boxing doesn't seem to be worthwhile (according to various critics) and only my GF and I will play the Wii until I take it home for Xmas. She doesn't like FPS's.

Wii Console
Zelda: TP

Red Steel (later on)

I have MSG3:Snake Eater (yes, I just got it) and Gears of War to hold me over till then.

[quote name='evilmax17']I suggest going to a GS/EB and playing it, you'll get a fairly good impression of what you'd be buying in 5 minutes.

Their criticisms seem valid. It's actually really fun, but I agree that the replay value seems limited.[/quote]I did, and the game was wicked fun, but that was probably b/c it was the first time I ever used the mote, and the first time I played. I just don't really want to spen $52.49 on a game that isn't very deep.

Is it worth it to pick up a SD card? do you think the Wii memory will last long?

Im getting the Wii, Zelda and one more game, depends on the reviews, on the fence on the SD card, i wont buy many VC games so i dont know if i need it.

[quote name='pop311']I was gonna get Excite Truck, but now that Gamespot gave it a 6.8, I am having second thoughts.[/quote][quote name='pop311']I did, and the game was wicked fun, but that was probably b/c it was the first time I ever used the mote, and the first time I played. I just don't really want to spen $52.49 on a game that isn't very deep.[/quote]

Well, keep in mind, the fun that might be long-lasting for you might not translate to the standard reviewer mindset of what classifies as 'lack of depth.' If you like the game and have fun playing it more than Johnny Reviewenstein, then great - that 6.8 matters very little.

I mean, don't get me wrong: they may be right and it might universally be a game that gets old quickly. If that's the case, oh well, that sucks...but I don't know, it seems to me like it could potentially very well be a ton of fun to play whenever for a long period of time. Just toss it in and have a blast. If you feel the same way, don't live and die on a numeric score...but if you have serious doubts, then I guess I can't blame ya for passing on it.

[quote name='botticus']They stopped taking individual preorders for those in addition to Zelda, as far as I know. Hooray for forcing bundles.[/QUOTE]

Damn. But Play-asia just announced they'll be selling US version games with free shipping to Japan so I can get whatever I need from them! :D

nintendo sent me the wii, zelda: tp, excite truck, rampage: td, component cables, and an extra wiimote and nunchuk.

still need 2 more remotes.

and i want to trade in rampage and excite truck.
i heard gamestop will have a trade 2 wii/ps3 games, get 1 free.
i'd get red steel.

Wii System
Extra Wiimote
Extra Nunchuck
Wii Points
Zelda & Guide
Component Cable if available
Getting 2 other games, but haven't made up my mind yet.

Wii System
Extra Wiimote
Extra Nunchuk
Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
Component Cables (Official Nintendo Brand) - received today
Nintendo Power Zelda Guide and Limited Ed. Soundtrack (from NP)
Prima Limited Edition Hard Cover Zelda Guide
possibly Red Steel

Everything is already paid of and I am good to go to pick it up in ~T-25 hours!

In December, I look forward to getting Super Swing Golf as well.

I've seen a couple mentions of a CD w/ the guide from NP....where did you hear/see about this? Where can i get more info?

My day 1 purchases are:
system
wii point card
wireless router for PC

My little daughter is getting me Zelda for Christmas :)

Other than that, i'm fighting the urge to get Rayman.

Wii console

-Wii Sports
-Call of Duty 3 (already in my hands!)
-possibly Zelda

Zelda will be incredible but after watching Saving Private Ryan i just had to own COD3 for the Wii.

My purchases for Sunday morning before work:
Wii
Extra controller (maybe 2, but I'll have to hunt around for it after I get off work)
Extra Nunchuck
Virtual Console controller (depending on if they arrive tomorrow or not; maybe 2)
Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, as well as possibly getting the guide
WiiPoints Card

Already purchased and own Trauma Center and Red Steel, as well as a 2GB SD card.

Aside from the possible third Wiimote, the Zelda guide, and the second Classic controller, everything is paid off and ready to go home with me. Just need to wait for that street date to come along. :D

[quote name='Zingela']My purchases for Sunday morning before work:
Wii
Extra controller (maybe 2, but I'll have to hunt around for it after I get off work)
Extra Nunchuck
Virtual Console controller (depending on if they arrive tomorrow or not; maybe 2)
Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, as well as possibly getting the guide
WiiPoints Card

Already purchased and own Trauma Center and Red Steel, as well as a 2GB SD card.

Aside from the possible third Wiimote, the Zelda guide, and the second Classic controller, everything is paid off and ready to go home with me. Just need to wait for that street date to come along. :D[/QUOTE]
Surely your employee powers should be able to give you some leverage, right?

Since I got bundle-fucked...

Wii System
Extra Wii remote
Extra Wii Nunchuck attachment (should come with the damn Wiimote.. oh well.)
Component Cables
2 2000 Wii Point cards
1gb SD card
Zelda
Madden
Red Steel
Super Monkey Ball
Trauma Center
Marvel Ultimate Alliance
Wireless Wavebrid
Gamecube memory card

...All at full retail price. I'm extremely disappointed in myself.

[quote name='6669']Surely your employee powers should be able to give you some leverage, right?[/QUOTE]
Not really, since:
-Only got enough accessories for reservations (three each wiimotes/nunchucks, mine being one of them, one WiiPoints card, which also was my single reservation)
-No classic controllers have arrived as of yet
-I'm not a douche.

Not much I can do.

Wii System
Extra Wiimote with Nunchuck maybe two
Legend of Zelda - Twilight Princess
Legend of Zelda - Twilight Princess Guide
Rayman
Super Monkey Ball

Anyone else considering those Wiimote gloves? I was thinking about how much I throw around my Wavebird/PS2 Logitech controller/TV remote and how a glossy finish wouldnt fair so well.

extra wiimote
extra nunchuck
red steel ftw

also got a coupon with my preorder to save 30 if i buy 3 games off of a list

sooo...
also: marvel ultimate alliance, Trauma center, and COD3

[quote name='evergoo']Nintendo Wii
Extra Wiimote
Twilight Princess
Red Steel (depending on multiple reviews)

ATM, there's no need for an extra nunchuk. Wii Boxing doesn't seem to be worthwhile (according to various critics) and only my GF and I will play the Wii until I take it home for Xmas. She doesn't like FPS's.[/QUOTE]

Uh...I changed my mind. Scrap EB (employees are being shady and canceling Zelda pre-order for store credit) and woot to Target (discounts+shopping).

Nintendo Wii
Twilight Princess
Red Steel (who cares for reviews, it's innovative and looks fun)
Wiimote + Nunchuk (for RS with my lil' sisters)
Target Credit Card
Food at Target

bread's done
Back