What are you looking forward to in 2007?

Blind the Thief

CAGiversary!
The only things I can think of that I'm dying to play on DS in 2007 are Zelda: Phantom Hour Glass, Phoenix Wright 2, and especially Dragon Quest IX (crossing my fingers that we get it by the end of the year). These are going to be huge games, sure, but what else is everyone looking forward to?

I haven't really gotten into Phoenix Wright or the DQ series, so I can't say much about those ...

*ducks flying tomatoes*

... but I'm looking forward to Zelda and also Panzer Tactics, which I assume will be out in '07. I'm sure there's plenty of stuff I haven't even heard of that I'll end up buying anyway.

Diddy Kong Racing
Zelda: Phantom Hourglass
Winning Eleven: Pro Evolution Soccer 2007
Wario: Master of Disguise
Lost in Blue 2

I'll also probably pick up one of the Pokemon titles.

That's what I can think of off the top of my head. Basically, there's a LOT I'm looking forward to next year...not even including the titles we don't know about yet.

Lost In Blue 2 is the big one I'm looking forward to. Had a blast with the original, hoping they do a good job with the sequel. Never played Phoenix Wright but I'm intrigued by that game. Never played the Dragon Quest games but I'm intrigued by DQIX. Obviously Zelda. Hoping that maybe EA will make a decent version of Madden this year (or even more crazy, that they'd bring the NCAA series to the DS). Hoping to hear a surprise announcement from Nintendo on a SSB or Pikmin game for the DS. And the next Harvest Moon, hoping to see good things from that since the first one didn't add much to the series.

Pokemon DSes, Phoenix Wright 2, Cardfighter's Clash, and Hotel Dusk are my top four games at the moment. Bound to be more though.

[quote name='Blind the Thief']Hold the fucking phone. There's a Diddy Kong Racing game being planned for DS?

Also, how did I forget Wario?[/quote]
It's a remake of the N64 game with WiFi multiplayer and a couple of new characters. I'd wager it could be the best racer on DS.

I'm lookign forward to *hearing mroe about* these, before I make a decision...

Cake Mania (if its anything like cooking mama)
Konami Arcade Hits (cause I'm a geek)
Lost in Blue 2
Diddy Kong Racing (I never played the original... the screenies look a lot like MKDS though?)
Nanostray 2
Wario

By the by, Blind, Diddy Kong was featured in the new issue of NP... that's the only place I'd seen anything of it, as of yet.

If the delay for Zelda was to add regular decent controls instead of touchscreen only controls, then Zelda for sure!

[quote name='botticus']FFVI and Phoenix Wright.[/quote]After reading through NP over dinner, I'll add Wario to this list, and probably Diddy Kong.

Wario should be better than nintendos other recent 2d platforming outings.
Lunar Knights looks badass!
Dragon Quest-I hope i finally get online though
zelda
gba-final fantasy 6
lost in blue 2 will probly be cool
I hope the new 2d metroid comes out at this time next year!

What's the story on Line Rider? I saw a press release about that being developed, is it close to completion?

I figure it wouldn't take much give that game legs on DS form and make it a reality.

Hopefully there's a BIT more meat to it, though.

[quote name='Oops! I did it again.']What's the story on Line Rider? I saw a press release about that being developed, is it close to completion?

I figure it wouldn't take much give that game legs on DS form and make it a reality.

Hopefully there's a BIT more meat to it, though.[/QUOTE]

From what I read, it's scheduled for a Spring 07 release on the DS and Wii. I'm also hearing online potential with the possibility of sharing drawings with your friends.

Pokemon, Sim City DS, Zelda, and I'm sure we'll get a new Castlevania so you can add that to my list when it gets announced.

I have a lot:

Phoenix Wright: JFA (preordered)

Hotel Dusk: Room 215
Theme Park DS
Sim city 3000
Lost in Blue 2
Spore
Lifesigns
Zelda: Phantom Hour Glass

Final fantasy VI

Zelda's about it at the moment, Phoenix Wright has already been bought and conquered, and there isn't much else announced for next year yet. DQ9 maybe, when its released, even though I didn't like the past games.

Edit: Just saw "It's A Wonderful World" and it looks pretty sweet. I'll probably have to look out for that.

So far I look forward to Wario: Master of Disguise and the Konami Arcade Collection (mainly for Contra) in 2007. Keep in mind I'll update this as I remember some of the other titles I've seen a glimpse of.

First of all, I've waited for a new "true" Wario title and specifically for the DS. I'm not sure if that is what Master of Disguise will be but it looks like it will still be a solid title regardless and will be fun enough for me.

One thing that looks like it's making a return is the various abilities you have and a couple of them (judging by the box art) looks like they may resemble some of the abilities from the first Wario Land title. One thing I hope is that they also have as much button controls as there are stylus controls but this game should still turn out great.

Phoenix Wright: Justice For All
Dragon Quest IX
Capcom Vs. SNK: Card Fighters
Pokemon Pearl/Diamond

All the games are obvious, but I'm actually looking forward to the new Pokemon game. I haven't played any Pokemon games since Blue/Red on the original GBA, so I'm looking forward to seeing what this one has to offer. Hope they keep the Wi-Fi on the U.S version.

These two are guranteed.
Zelda
Wario (I own every game from the original Mario Land- Wario Land 3, I need this one).

Other potential buys (Kinda unsure yet about these).
Dragon Quest IX

Diddy Kong Racing (if it is a remake I may not get it)

Theme Park DS- (Only if you can create your own rollercoasters like roller coaster tycoon)

Line Rider- (Really not sure about this one since I can play the flash game on my PC)

Sim City- (I love Sim City, but do I really need the DS one or is the SNES one good enough for 800 points?).

[quote name='Jayayess1190']I have a lot:

Phoenix Wright: JFA (preordered)

Hotel Dusk: Room 215
Theme Park DS
Sim city 3000
Lost in Blue 2
Spore
Lifesigns
Zelda: Phantom Hour Glass

Final fantasy VI[/quote]

is spore coming to the ds?

[quote name='AndrewCP']So far I look forward to Wario: Master of Disguise and the Konami Arcade Collection (mainly for Contra) in 2007. Keep in mind I'll update this as I remember some of the other titles I've seen a glimpse of.

First of all, I've waited for a new "true" Wario title and specifically for the DS. I'm not sure if that is what Master of Disguise will be but it looks like it will still be a solid title regardless and will be fun enough for me.

One thing that looks like it's making a return is the various abilities you have and a couple of them (judging by the box art) looks like they may resemble some of the abilities from the first Wario Land title. One thing I hope is that they also have as much button controls as there are stylus controls but this game should still turn out great.[/quote]The stylus is going to be used for changing outfits (drawing different designs on or around Wario). Given that, I'm guessing basic stuff will be handled as usual.

[quote name='lonestar']I'll be looking foward to Dragon Quest IX & Zelda: Phantom Hourglass.[/QUOTE]
I'll second that. Before I noticed that this was a DS thread I had about 4 more titles to add...

Still too early with all the games being announced mid-year...

But right now?

Dragon Quest
Zelda

I already imported PW2 and beat it. Great game and I'm sure everyone will be looking forward to it.

Yu-Gi-Oh Spirit Caller, SNK VS Capcom, PW2, DQ9, FF6, Hotel Dusk, Zelda, Pokemon Diamond and prob more after Nintendo starts releasing info.

[quote name='hupp']
I hope the new 2d metroid comes out at this time next year![/QUOTE]

Sadly, they canceled that one last year :(

I'm looking forward to most of the well-known games already mentioned, but two of the lesser-known games I'm looking forward to are Line Rider and Picross DS. I really enjoyed Mario's Picross for the Game Boy, so a touchscreen version of picross would be great. Right now, Picross DS is Japan only (it comes out there January 25), but I'm hoping for a U.S. version. If not, I can import it; Picross is pretty language-independent.

Also, I'd love for Nintendo to come out with a crossword game. It'd be even better if they had downloadable crosswords a couple times a week. So far, though, as far as I can tell, nothing's been announced.

Wario: Master of Disguise
Diddy Kong Racing
Dragon Quest IX
Puzzle Quest
Lunar Knights

bread's done
Back