What are you watching on your Netflix (or going to watch)?

9 BUCKS A MONTH for unlimited sd movies(certain ones)? plus others that I would not buy or rent via xbox live? Cool I will do that then.

Watching "ONE CRAZY SUMMER"... god that movie was halarious back in the day with Bobcat..

[quote name='Viva Las Vegas']Just set it up. Bummed, 1 bar and looks like crap. For those with 2 bars how is your picture?[/quote]
Looks like crap. 4 bars or nothing.

How does one go about increasing the bars? My connection is wired, though we've got three laptops that are hooked up to our wireless network. I assume that is affecting the video quality, no?

[quote name='JJSP']How does one go about increasing the bars? My connection is wired, though we've got three laptops that are hooked up to our wireless network. I assume that is affecting the video quality, no?[/quote]
Go to speedtest.net and report back what you get.

[quote name='SynGamer']Go to speedtest.net and report back what you get.[/QUOTE]

I'm assuming that's shitty, no?

So far:
Mad Max (3/5)
The Road Warrior (4/5)

In queue:
Ali G Indahouse
Big Trouble in Little China
Chariots of Fire
A Clockwork Orange
Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind
The Evil Dead
Lethal Weapon
Lock, Stock, and Two Smoking Barrels
Monty Python's
The Meaning of Life
Ninja Scroll
No Country for Old Men
Perfect Blue
Pan's Labyrinth
Scarface
Seven
The Shining
Unforgiven

Don't think I'm going to be able to watch all of these before my 14-day-trial is up (now it's down to 12 days)...

[quote name='Vulcan2422']I just put Prostars in my que! YAH TO CHILDHOOD CARTOONS![/QUOTE]

i tried to watch this earlier... holy crap is it bad.

"here comes a boomerang... better jump in the trash can!"

[quote name='porieux']Been lmfao at The Office.[/quote]
Ditto.

I can't explain why this show is so damn good. I'm also developing a man crush on Jim.

[quote name='SynGamer']You're basically downloading at 1MB...which is rather low.[/QUOTE]
I suppose that explains it. I blame the terrible network set up in this apartment complex. When the cable guy came out to install our new box last month, he more or less laughed because the complex had essentially installed one big ass splitter for three buildings.

Good ol' GuadaLaHabra.

[quote name='JJSP']I suppose that explains it. I blame the terrible network set up in this apartment complex. When the cable guy came out to install our new box last month, he more or less laughed because the complex had essentially installed one big ass splitter for three buildings.

Good ol' GuadaLaHabra.[/quote]
yeah, i'd be pissed...are you paying for internet? If so, have the cable company give you your own hookup (cable line).

AHHHH! I put Heroes season 1 in my list and got through the first 2 episodes and when I went to watch the 3rd it says that it's only available on disc only. Anyone else have this problem?

[quote name='Collectorguy00']AHHHH! I put Heroes season 1 in my list and got through the first 2 episodes and when I went to watch the 3rd it says that it's only available on disc only. Anyone else have this problem?[/QUOTE]

All of the episodes are included in there, just ignore that and keep watching. Season 1 is 23 episodes long (netflix lists 24 for some weird reason)

As bad as it might be, I'll still love it. I've actually been watching The Munsters :D

Also, 4 bars for Hd and 4 bars for SD. Im rolling high with the bars! :D

Office
Dead Like Me
Weeds
Quantum Leap
Sliders
Maxed Out
30 Rock
Heroes S3, so I can delete it off my Tivo

can you see what people in your friends list are watching?

this is my connection speed. i guess that be good for streaming.
i really want to go thru Heroes not seeing a episode yet. i think i can do that on a 14day trial. lol

Watched:
A Clockwork Orange.
Heroes Season 3.
The Diving Bell and the Butterfly.
The Office Season 4.
The Thing.

In Queue:
The Motorcycle Diaries.
No Country for Old Men.
The Illusionist.
The Boondock Saints.
Fitzcarraldo.
Metric live at Metropolis.
2001: A Space Odyssey.
Dirty Harry.
The Orphanage.
Dancer in the Dark.
The Motel.
sex, lies, and video tape.
Opeth: Lamentations.
Zach Galifianakis:Live.

question for you guys is there a reason why i cant add new seasons of shows to my list of instant watching? I tried to add like the most recent season of terminator or any other show and it says I can "save" the discs to my list for shipping later. Can I not watch new stuff. Ohh sorry forgot to add that this is my first day with netflix in case that wasn't apparent.

also this is my connection how would viewing look:

[quote name='bill123']question for you guys is there a reason why i cant add new seasons of shows to my list of instant watching? I tried to add like the most recent season of terminator or any other show and it says I can "save" the discs to my list for shipping later. Can I not watch new stuff. Ohh sorry forgot to add that this is my first day with netflix in case that wasn't apparent.

also this is my connection how would viewing look:

[/QUOTE]

Only the first season is out on DVD, and neither season is available for streaming.

[quote name='jer7583']30 Rock (All of it)[/QUOTE]

This.

I just finished Season 1 last night and have been watching Season 2 all day. Will finish it tonight and then try to see if they stream Season 3 on NBC's website like they do with most new shows. This show is hilarious! I saw a few episodes before and wanted to go back to it and now it is so awesome being able to stream stuff. This made me keep my Netflix account. Thank you!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='jmillion']do the videos look ok w/o HDMI? or it doesnt matter. i dont have HDMI on my 360[/QUOTE]

they look better, actually... less obvious artifacting.

[quote name='Rocko']I like how all of Heroes S1 except ep 3 is available. I hope I can find that somewhere.[/QUOTE]

All of the episodes are there, ignore the ep 3 disc message.

[quote name='zenintrude']they look better, actually... less obvious artifacting.[/quote]
really? thanks for the response. Heroes Season 1-3 here i come.

w/ the TV shows that are on now, like say Season 3, they add the episodes weekly?

[quote name='Rocko']I like how all of Heroes S1 except ep 3 is available. I hope I can find that somewhere.[/quote]
its there. i just finished watchin the 2nd episode. on the XBL Netflix, it shows Episode 4 is One Giant Leap, but i checked the episode listings and that is Episode 3. they misnumbered them somehow.

and i cant believe i watched 2 Episodes straight w/o ANY lag. the HD is great too. better then i expected. damn i hope i dont get addicted:lol:

I posted this before, but got no answer. I get 4 bars with everything SD, but trying Heroes, I get high def on my computer, but only 2 bars/shit quality on my Xbox. Any idea why? My 360 and my PC are both hooked by ethernet cable to the same modem with built in router.

[quote name='Matt Young']I posted this before, but got no answer. I get 4 bars with everything SD, but trying Heroes, I get high def on my computer, but only 2 bars/shit quality on my Xbox. Any idea why? My 360 and my PC are both hooked by ethernet cable to the same modem with built in router.[/quote]

What's the NAT of the Xbox? Open?

[quote name='Chronotrigga']What's the NAT of the Xbox? Open?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it's open.

EDIT: It was open before the NXE. Now, with NXE, it doesn't say if it's open. The test just shows if you're connected and if Live is running. How do I make sure my NAT is still open?

Last edited by a moderator:
King of Kong was awesome. Must see for any gamer out there. Also there are some old 80+90's cartoons including Super Mario Bros, Legend of Zelda, Captain N & The Game Masters all pretty good at being bad. Remember the theme song to Super Mario Bros? Loved it when I was a kid now you just cringe at this "hip hop" song. At least it isn't as bad as the DK Rap.

[quote name='bingbangboom']King of Kong was awesome. Must see for any gamer out there. Also there are some old 80+90's cartoons including Super Mario Bros, Legend of Zelda, Captain N & The Game Masters all pretty good at being bad. Remember the theme song to Super Mario Bros? Loved it when I was a kid now you just cringe at this "hip hop" song. At least it isn't as bad as the DK Rap.[/quote]

Looks like I'll be watching that next.

I currently have Memento on Blu-Ray in my PS3 (heard the movie was good) and The Tracey Fragments on Instant Watch on the 360 (Ellen Page FTW).

I'm only getting 1 bar crap quality. My friend who has the Roku box and 360 said through his Roku box it looks much better and is getting more bars than through his 360.
If I had a 5MPS download speed should I assume I will get 4 bar quality? Thanks.

bread's done
Back