What are your 3 favorite Mega Man titles?

KiySeph

CAGiversary!
I just finished playing Mega Man Anniversary Collection recently and I was just curious what everyone's favorite Mega Man titles are. You can include three titles from any of the Mega Man series (Classic, X, .EXE, Zero, etc.)

I'd have to say that my top three(in no particular order) Mega Man titles would have to be:
Mega Man 2
Mega Man 7
Mega Man 8 (I thought the background music was pretty awesome)

So what are yours?

My top 3 is (in that order)

Mega Man 3
[The first game I bought for my NES back in the days]

Mega Man & Bass
[great stages, great music, great bosses and it was tough as hell. From all Mega Man games I've played (1-8, X - X6 and Zero 1 and 3, this really gave me headaches)

Mega Man Network Transmission
[I seem to be a minority but I enjoyed every second of that game. It's really a shame Capcom dind't make a sequel. This game is so much better than the Battle Network episodes)

Mega Man X - Easy, but unforgettable.

Mega Man X-2 - More of the same, I'm really partial to robotic furries.

Mega Man Legends - I absolutely loved this game when it came out, I felt so proud when I got Mega Man's helmet.

I hate mega man. For some reason I own the x collection, but never played it.

On second thought I think I sold it actually, I never touched it though.

[quote name='mr ryles']I hate mega man.[/QUOTE]

Well, he is straight after all.

I absolutely love Megaman Legends and believe it to be horribly underrated. I never finished the sequel because it's MUCH harder to get cash (no soccer game :( ), but it is a choice title as well that I need to go finish soon.

Tron's Misadventures would probably be another favorite if I ever got around to playing it.

1. Mega Man X 3
(I feel like its the greatest of all the mega man series)

2. Mega Man Legends
(It jsut had this certain feel to it... yah...)

Mega Man Soccer!!!!
(playing against my brother in this game will always beat Super Mario Strikers!)

How many MegaMan games are there out there across all platforms? I think it would have been just as fine to ask what are your favorite 15 MegaMan games.

[quote name='dtarasev']How many MegaMan games are there out there across all platforms? I think it would have been just as fine to ask what are your favorite 15 MegaMan games.[/QUOTE]

I would dare to say around 50 megaman games

��Oh, Mega Man. How I love you.

***Mega Man 3***: Didn't like this game as much when I was younger, probably because of some of the difficult sections and the more industrial theme (than elemental Mega Man 2). But the scope and design of the game are unparalleled, right down to the brilliantly composed (and sometimes very moving) music. The play control is also top-notchâ€â€?the absolute mark of the series. Rush and Protoman were great additions.

***Mega Man 2***: My first non-pack-in game for my NES as a kid and for a long time my absolute favorite game ever. The graphics, play control, music were all great. The only reason this has ended up falling is because I find it extraordinarily easy now: Even on "hard," I can beat the game in about 50 minutes without straining. A lot of that may be due to it being my comfort game that I've beaten many times, but the challenge isn't up there with the games that immediately preceded and followed it. (It may also be due to the fact that I've figured out how powerful the Metal Blade is after always conserving my special weapons as a kid.)

But that 20-second intro was, and still is, downright epic.

***Mega Man X***: What a brilliant step forward for the Mega Man series, introducing new themes, new and mysterious characters, and some very new and innovative play control elements. I actually haven't played this one in a long while and really need to pick up the X collection (though I really lost interest in the series by X4), but I still vividly remember the subtle perfection of this game. Some added exploration elements may be annoying without a guide but were fun at the time.

My problem with the X series also wasn't as apparent in this installment: ridiculously short and uninspired levels and ridiculously hard bosses (mainly because of your growing energy meter and the boss's full one).

Honorable mentions: ***Mega Man I*** (GB), which had some ingenious (and brand new!) level designs despite the repeated bosses. If this didn't have awful slowdown, it would be a great game. I was really hoping they would tune this up in the GBA remake.

***Mega Man IV and V*** (GB) were really just perfection. What excellent games, and V creatively used a gimmick in a nearly flawless game.

***Mega Man Battle Network*** is very solid, but it has its annoyances like confusing maps, backtracking, and repetition. But the remixed baddies from original-series games, and the play mechanic are truly phenomenal. I had no interest in the series after finishing one, however. I may return very soon, though.

***Mega Man X2*** was, in many ways, better than the first, but it was a bit of a whole-is-less-than-the-sum-of-its-parts production.

As for least favorites, I'd immediately put ***Mega Man 4*** up there. The levels are pathetically short and simple. I enjoyed the story the first time through, but come on! What a cash in!

***Mega Man II*** (GB) was truly awful. Unlike the first, which had unique levels despite NES bosses, this just added awful play control to shortened (but copied) levels. Awful.

***Mega Man Legends/64*** is a favorite for many, but I was really disappointed. I enjoyed it for a while before completely abandoning it. Metroid Prime is what 3-D Mega Man should have been, not this clunky affair.

***Mega Man 8*** is just awful. I have no problem with colorful games (as a Nintendo fan), but the art direction here is plain awful. So are the music and voices. Also, why is the Mega Man design so much worse than 7 on SNES? He just looks so jello-y in this one.

When I had the Anniversary Collection, I beat 1-6 in 4 days total. I blazed through them. Then I played 7. It was so, so, so much harder, that once I got up to Wily's castle, I only reached him once, and was stuck repeating the 4 levels for over a year. Never beat that game. So disappointing.

3, 7, 2.

X
X2
X3

No real order.

I liked the NES games but the SNES "X" series is what really drew me into it. I used to own all three carts at one point.

Mega Man 3 - it introduced me to the series, so it will always stay a favorite for me. It was great being able to fight the Robot Masters from 2 again as the Doc Robots, it introduced Proto Man, and had some of the best music in the series. It just really showed that a lot more work was put into it than the rest on the NES.

Mega Man X - one of the first games I had for my SNES and the first one I really got into. It was a great way to update the series; there was so much more you could do now and there were just those cool little details like Flame Mammoth's stage freezing over after you beat Chill Penguin that made it great.

Mega Man X4 - while X2 and X3 both were solid games, they didn't really add much to the series and I really thought most of the bosses from those two just weren't all that appealing or memorable. Playing as Zero helped mix things up a little, the story was a lot more fleshed out in X4 and the bosses were a lot cooler and more fun to fight.

It's kind of weird that this topic came up because I've been playing the megaman collection the last few days.

I like megaman 7, 8 and megaman 2 (the gameboy version).

But I secretly feel that all megaman games are pretty much the same.

Wow, Mega Man II? Any reasons? Like I said, I had an awful experience playing it, but it could just be the order I was playing the games in (alternating between NES and GB). I didn't have the same problem with I, though, because of the unique levels. I at least saw the effor there, even if the tech wasn't quite up to par.

(Don't look at my name and sig.)

Mega Man X is my second favorite game of all time, following Chrono Trigger.
So yeah, MMX is my favorite Mega Man game by far.

Second and third favorites would be Mega Man X4 and Mega Man 2 with honorable mentions to Mega Man Zero, Mega Man 3, and probably Mega Man X8 if I ever get around to playing it. It seems like something I would really like.

Least favorite is MEGA MAN X7 YOU PIECE OF TRASH THAT SHOULDN'T HAVE EVER EXISTED.

[quote name='AHEADAMUS']Wow, Mega Man II? Any reasons? Like I said, I had an awful experience playing it, but it could just be the order I was playing the games in (alternating between NES and GB). I didn't have the same problem with I, though, because of the unique levels. I at least saw the effor there, even if the tech wasn't quite up to par.[/QUOTE]

Oh I didn't even see the part where you bashed it. I guess I liked it because when I got my first gameboy (a GB pocket) I got two games - star wars and megaman II. Star Wars for the gameboy is still to this day one of the worst games I have ever played. So maybe that's why I think megaman II was so good, because compared to star wars it was amazing.

[quote name='wageslave']3, 2, 1

The rest of the NES Maga Man games were all rehased, unoriginal, and plain sucked.[/quote]Pretty much agreed.

I actually have grown fonder of the first Mega Man over time. Now I'll play through that as frequently as I do 2 if I just want an hour gaming fix. I've got the yellow monster down pat now.

Obviously, the biggest jump within a Mega Man series was between the original and its sequel though. No comparison in terms of graphics, music, play control, depth, and overall feel.

1. Mega Man 2
2. Mega Man 3
3. Mega Man

Huge jump between MM 1 and 2 (although Mega Man was harder than any of them) and 3 was nice although not quite the leap 1 to 2 was. Really seemed to get repetitive after those, at least until Mega Man 8. MM Anniversary Collection rules though.

1. Megaman 2
2. Megaman 3
3. Megaman 1

It seems that we all think (somewhat) alike.

I'd probably add one of the X games, but I haven't played any of them. :whistle2:#:hot:

[quote name='yukine']1. Megaman 2
2. Megaman 3
3. Megaman 1

It seems that we all think (somewhat) alike.

I'd probably add one of the X games, but I haven't played any of them. :whistle2:#:hot:[/QUOTE]

WH..WH..WH..WHAT??!??

Man, $30 is a fucking steal. I think this is the only compilation I've bought where I've played through every single game in a week... I couldn't stop playing and I loved this collection.

[quote name='Chacrana']Man, $30 is a fucking steal. I think this is the only compilation I've bought where I've played through every single game in a week... I couldn't stop playing and I loved this collection.[/quote]

Well, it would be a real steal if they included that promised content like the remixed music and stuff. This collection could have been really great. They better do it right next time.

Megaman Legends 2
Megaman 8
Megaman X4

[quote name='chewster777']Well, it would be a real steal if they included that promised content like the remixed music and stuff. This collection could have been really great. They better do it right next time.[/QUOTE]What really sucks is they left it out so they could include it on the remakes for PSP, but now it looks as if they're done making them. fuck.

[quote name='TimPV3']What really sucks is they left it out so they could include it on the remakes for PSP, but now it looks as if they're done making them. fuck.[/quote]That sort of makes sense though. It would be a waste of time to make two seperate sets of remixed tracks.

And saying that they're done making them, does that mean they had planned on remaking the whole series?

[quote name='Z-Saber']That sort of makes sense though. It would be a waste of time to make two seperate sets of remixed tracks.

And saying that they're done making them, does that mean they had planned on remaking the whole series?[/QUOTE]

Pretty much. But since virtually no one bought a PSP for the games, Capcom was fucked.

[quote name='SMMM']Pretty much. But since virtually no one bought a PSP for the games, Capcom was fucked.[/quote]Well, the only reasons I'd buy a PSP right now are for portable emulation and the Mega Man remakes.

[quote name='Z-Saber']Well, the only reasons I'd buy a PSP right now are for portable emulation and the Mega Man remakes.[/QUOTE]

Exactly, but that's not enough for me to spend $200, so no go for me.

The Megaman remakes on PSP are good, but someone has to explain to me why there's a split-fucking-second-fucking-delay for moving Megaman left or right.

I checked that shit on NES and SNES. It doesn't exist. So why the fuck does it exist on the PSP versions?

fucking Capcom....

Also, slightly off-topic, but did anyone else notice that Tokobots is like....a total ripoff Megaman Legends? Am I the only one who thought that?

Mega Man X was really fun; I probably and more partial to the "X" series because it came out in my personal gaming prime.

Mega Man Legends is and was a blast. I loved that game so much. It was a 3D Mega Man with an RPG feel to it. I absolutely loved that game...

The other games all feel the same to me so it's hard to pick a favorite...

After finally playing every last entry in the Megaman franchise, these are my top three:

1)Megaman X4 - #6 or 7 in my all-time top ten
2)Megaman 4 - My first NES MM, still my personal fav
3)Megaman Legends - yeah, it's pretty flawed & aged terribly, but still, it's MM IN 3-D!! Plus I enjoyied the story.

My favorties are:

1. Mega Man 2
(I can never get enough of this game. This was my first Mega Man game and I've beaten it countless times. It has an awesome soundtrack).

2. Mega Man X
(Beaten this game many times. Along with MM2, this is one of those games that if I just start playing it, I won't stop until I finish it).

3. Mega Man 8
(For some reason, this falls into third place. There's just something about this game that I like, but I just can't put my finger on it).

bread's done
Back