what car did you/do you drive in college?

old toyota camry, nasty yellow color, failing transmission when I bought it, $200. (no state inspections, you could drive any POS if it physically rolled down the street)

I remember one of the pieces falling off from the bottom one day as we were driving, we were like oh there's part of the car, oh well! lol

None. I was too cheap to pay the $6-700 a semester or so to park on campus, so I just walked everywhere and used public transit when necessary. Needless to say, I was in the best shape of my life in college.

First car @ 16: 1993 Mitsubishi Galant (hand-me-down from parents)
Second car @ 17: 2004 Mitsubishi Lancer (awesome deal and gift from uncle/parents)
Third car @ 18: 2003 Mitsubishi Lancer (rebought it because previous car was totalled in an accident that sent me to the hospital for 2 days, the other dumbass' fault, so it was all covered)

And i am 22 now driving the same car.

most efficient, cost effective, time conserving, and physically fit method.

mountain bike to bus route, use the free bus pass (included with all student tuition), then biked to secured stalls near class. then biked across campus for non-core classes.

this avoided ridiculous over-crowded parking, off-site shuttle parking, and the ever increasing parking permit fees. the way to get to class on-time was to avoid waiting for a parking space to open up.

our campus parking situation was dumb to say the least. here's what 'off-site shuttle parking' meant: pay for a parking permit, only to drive to 'another' lot several blocks [miles] away from campus, park there, and then take the university buses (plus extra chartered ones) to one of several predesignated stops around campus. huh?! yeah, I said f-that commute real quick. total waste of time and money.

89 ford tempo.

It had only 50k miles on it when I bought it. After 4 years of college while working 2 jobs and a internship it died at 180k right before I graduated.

It was painted metal grey on the outside but had a red crush velvet interior for some reason. I loved that car.

First car - 1983 Ford LTD (Hand me down from parents)
2nd car (college) - 1991 Chevy Cavilier - Stick shift, tape deck
3rd car - 2001 Chevy Malibu - Was a hooptie - breaking down every 3 months. Had to replace engine. Died at 150k miles.
Current - 2009 Ford Focus - Much better gas mileage.

First car - drove for 7 years - 87 Volvo 240 sedan - was 5-6 years old when I got it - was in great shape and only had 103k miles when I traded it in.
Second car - drove for 9-10 years - 97 Volvo 850 station wagon - was 2-3 years old when I got it - was also in really good shape when I sold it.
Currently driving a Tacoma.

No car freshman year in 98, had a 99 Subaru Impreza that my parents bought for me after that. Drove that through college and grad school until the transmission started to go on it. Now drive a 2008 Mazda3.

Ford Aerostar

and OP there's no reason at all to buy an Audi. The maintenance on that thing will be very expensive. Just go buy a cheap Honda or Toyota. Don't act like you have money if you don't.

Honda Civic--a BRAND NEW Civic at the time, which I bought myself. I still own this car today (and it runs great!). I thought it was really funny at the time that most of my classmates were impressed that I drove a new car, but then again I did go to a broke ass state school.

Had a 99 Chevy Cavalier when I was going to community college back in 03. In 07 I gave that car to my sister and bought an 08 VW Jetta that I drive now.

No car for me during those years. But I went to school in Chicago, so I didn't need/want one really. CTA sucked at times but for the most part got the job done.

After graduating, I drove the family minivan (Dodge Caravan) until I bough my first car, '08 Mazda3. As much as I love this car, I really want to get a new WRX in 2-3 years! :)

Haven't been to college, but I drive a 95 Chevy Monte Carlo. If I had any money (and a job) I'd be in the market for a new car as this one is falling apart. Got it for free from my mom, but it's been a pain in the ass with repairs every single year. This year if I elect to get it fixed, I have at least one bad shock and an oil leak from somewhere. Doesn't really seem worth it anymore.

I don't want to put all that money on a new car, just to see it break down, but my current car just drives me insane with all it's repairs.

In 2003, I had a '85 BMW 325e. A year later, I bought a '84 MBZ 300SD, then another year later, I bought a '98 MBZ C230, which I still have. It runs well, and I haven't had any issues since then.

1994 GMC Sonoma
With all the normal goods. I still own it. just needs more work now. After rebuilding the engine twice and the fuel pump dying i
moved on from it being my daily driver. This is actually where my screen name comes from as well.

main.php

My cars owned:
1: 1983 Chevy Celebrity (Sold)
2: 1994 GMC Sonoma (Own)
3: 2001 VW Jetta (Traded)
4: 2007 Scion TC (Traded)
5: 2010 Audi A4 (Current)

A gray 1986 Pontiac 6000

PO608688.jpg

It wasn't my first car - that was a powder blue 1976 Oldsmobile Delta 88. It was awesome.

had a 97 chevy cavalier all through college and then some, about 6 years when it was all said and done. finally sold it last year.

I've driven 3 cars while in college.

First being a 1994 mercury Cougar XR7 (ugly teal color) Failed smog due to check engine light only
Second was a 1989 Acura Legend (nice blue color) Someone crunched in the door and got $1,750 for it + sold it for $400
Currently I'm driving a 2000 Mitsubishi Galant (silver) Best car I've owned so far, first with working AC :D

I started college in a 1999 Honda Civic. 3rd year swapped it out for a 2003 Honda Accord , new at the time (which I now drive to this date).

First car - 1999 Black Grand Am GT (awesome car but I totaled 3 weeks after bought rolled end over end seven times into a corn field it was my fault).

Second car - 1999 Forrest Green Grand Prix GT (traded in after lease ended in 2002).

Third car - 2002 Honda Accord EX V6 Graphite pearl (my favorite vehicle had to give up at end of lease).

Fourth car -1988 Honda Accord LXI white (bought with my own money no ac, power windows stopped working and lasted for 2 years then tranny went out last year).

Fifth car - 2001 Ford Police Interceptor Black (bought from police auction last September and looks just like an undercover cop car even has the star lug caps cover on all four wheels and the spotlight still works on the front).

2000 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT - I bought it the summer after I graduated high school and drove it though out college and currently (around 7 years).

Was using a '91 Camaro RS for a while, that was hell with leather seats, crap A/C and California weather.

Have a '04 Mustang GT now. Was a gift from my grandmother. Sometimes wish I had a car that was more fuel economic, but not complaining about working A/C and a paid off car.

Didn't own a car until I was 21. While in college I was without a car but I lived in the dorms so I didn't need one.
My first car was an 01 Plymouth neon. Then I got an 06 Mitsubishi Eclipse which I still have. I bought a 08 Jeep Compass for a family car which my wife usually drives and about 3 weeks ago I bought an 06 Lotus Exige which is pictured in my sig.

2002 buick rendezvous cxl. Got it in 2004 during my senior year in high school at 23K miles. Im probably gonna get 100K before the end of the summer.

I also got the new alpine ida-x305s dock put in there for the ipod, all is good with the car now

bread's done
Back