What changes to CAG would you like to see in 2007?

[quote name='the ender']I have a couple ideas.

I'd like to see a section devoted to other websites that us CAGs have (personal sites), or maybe a feature about a different CAG every once in a while.
[/quote]
I like this idea. Kidnemo's comic Washed Ashore comes to mind (http://cheapyd.com/forums/showthread.php?t=143189). It's a nice community builder that lets CAGs show off their other skills or interests. People post their sites now and again, but they get lost in the shuffle.

How about a matchmaking system. I know of another site that has one that matches what you have with someone that has what you want. It would save alot of time in the forums

Just wanted to update everyone that the wheels are turning on CAG 2.0.
People have been hired and forward progress is being made, although slowly.

I've just gone back and read through this 16 page thread again and have compiled a lot of your suggestions. Please feel free to keep them coming!

Clearly the biggest request is that there be more front page content that is deal/shopping related and that we have more user-created content in that category. CAGs also want a way to filter front page content so if they don't want to read non-deal stuff, they wont have to. New front page content and navigation will be given the higest priority.

I've also received lots of messages from CAGs who are interested in writing shopping related columns and I think these will be a great addition to the front page. User Blogs will also be an important feature and those CAGs who are writing good CAG-related content will have their articles promoted to the front page.

I will keep you updated when there is more to tell...

I hope that the new additions won't do anything to impact the reliability of CAG. We've had a number of times where CAG's been unavailable, and I'd hate to think that we're going to make look and feel and functionality better, without addressing the fact that we've been out of service at random times for no apparent reason.

1. Prettier maybe? Less cluttered design and perhaps even CSS style sheets for the front page + forums?

2. Latest forum posts need to be larger.

[quote name='Nephilim']I like the current color scheme, easy on the eyes. Forum pages still load too slowly for my tastes.[/QUOTE]

I second the current color scheme. If you do change the layout please keep the color or similar dark colors. No whites, its to bright for late night CAGing.

I want a link to Free Stuff/Referral forum on the front page pull down menu.

User blogs would be pretty cool. CAGs could post stories about a great day on deals. It would be fun to read.

I know this probably won't happen but how about a "Bitch" forum? They have this over at the megadeth boards (band if ya don't know). CAGs could post about how their dog took a shit on their shoes, or how a boss in a game has been owning them. Whatever is one someone's mind to bitch about it could be posted.

Please, better search capabilities in the forums.

Example: If I search for "Metal Wolf Chaos" and SHOW by POST, I want to find all recent posts what include the phrase "Metal Wolf Chaos". Not every recent post which includes any one of those words.

Alternately, if the search engine accepts boolean modifiers, I'd be happy if someone gives me a quick lesson on which terms it accepts and how I can get more precise search results. :)

[quote name='CheapyD']User Blogs[/quote]

It would be a great idea to incorporate these...

[quote name='Blackout542']I know this probably won't happen but how about a "Bitch" forum?CAGs could post about how their dog took a shit on their shoes, or how a boss in a game has been owning them. Whatever is one someone's mind to bitch about it could be posted.[/quote]

I like this idea too...:D

:shock:

What a time to look at this thread, seeing as how I don't think I've looked at it once since whenever I posted in it.

We already have that thread, BTW. It's the HD/Blu-Ray format war thread.

glad to see things are rolling on CAG 2.0, I look forward to bitching about the changes and how classic CAG was much better. Only to realize how good 2.0 was when 2.5 comes out.

[quote name='bookishboy']Please, better search capabilities in the forums. [/quote]If CAG 2.0 has nothing different but a functioning search feature, I'd be happy. Well, that and Deal-related info on the Homepage.

A long time ago there was some issue with some member leading to, not a ban (maybe a ban originally), but some sort of weird super ignore. No one wouldve realized it was happening at all, except that someone was sharp and noticed that the post count in a thread would have a gap, say #219 would be followed by #221, with a completely invisible post in between.

I think thats what the ignore feature should be. Or maybe open up access to that secondary level of ignore, which clearly does exist.

[quote name='Dr Mario Kart']A long time ago there was some issue with some member leading to, not a ban (maybe a ban originally), but some sort of weird super ignore. No one wouldve realized it was happening at all, except that someone was sharp and noticed that the post count in a thread would have a gap, say #219 would be followed by #221, with a completely invisible post in between.

I think thats what the ignore feature should be. Or maybe open up access to that secondary level of ignore, which clearly does exist.[/QUOTE]

interesting. what was the story behind that? Lina/Kittie?

anyway, haven't read through the whole thread to see if there's a response to this but the only change I want is to be able to search for words 3 letters long or shorter. There are acronyms and other things that are useful to search for.

[quote name='Apossum']interesting. what was the story behind that? Lina/Kittie?

anyway, haven't read through the whole thread to see if there's a response to this but the only change I want is to be able to search for words 3 letters long or shorter. There are acronyms and other things that are useful to search for.[/QUOTE]
It was for Lina.

She would post, but no one could see her posts at all. This was done, because she was very annoying.

She begun to abuse this, by bumping up old threads, and it looked like they were just magically appearing at the top of the forums.

[quote name='zewone']It was for Lina.

She would post, but no one could see her posts at all. This was done, because she was very annoying.

She begun to abuse this, by bumping up old threads, and it looked like they were just magically appearing at the top of the forums.[/quote]Wow, that's hilarious! I must not have been around then.

[quote name='Ikohn4ever']glad to see things are rolling on CAG 2.0, I look forward to bitching about the changes and how classic CAG was much better. Only to realize how good 2.0 was when 2.5 comes out.[/quote]double. plus. good.

I don't know if it is possible but if admins could add it so that you can enter your Steam ID so it can be displayed in the same area that your XBL, PSN tags are.

This is a question that I doubt has a reasonable answer, but is there a way for certain members to be banned from certain forums?

I don't know how it is in the PS3 and 360 forums - since I have no reason to go there - but I'm willing to bet that they have their own share of moronic trolls that post in various topics for the pure purpose of bashing either the system in question, or fans of the system in question.

Clearly I am saying this from the Wii standpoint. There's at least 4-5 people who say nothing but negative things, and thus have no reason at all to be in that forum.

While I understand that this most likely can't come to pass, I was wondering if it's ever been proposed, and if it could be enacted. It calls into lots of questions after-the-fact. I.e., if we CAN do this, and we DO enact it, how exactly do we determine who is nothing but a troll versus who is just annoying?

It's just a question I've been thinking about lately. I'm sure there are similar people thinking similar things in the other boards.

That's actually a good idea... there's far too many people who have no business on certain forums and who offer nothing worthwhile to any conversation.

I don't know if it's possible or not, but y'all should report trolls. They interrupt the boards, we don't need or want them here. On any forum, in any board.

bread's done
Back