What college are you going to this year?

[quote name='RyanFrost']I finished up my GE stuff at Fullerton College, this next quarter will be my second quarter at Cal Poly Pomona.

I live in Placentia

So craztalkx and JJSP, you two are the ones always snagging all the cheap ass deals in my area. :hot:[/QUOTE]
Actually, I'm far too lazy to go deal-snagging. I'm more of a deal-spectator.

To keep the "small world" thing going, I worked Bamboozle at Cal-Poly Pomona last fall. Fun times.

[quote name='JJSP']Actually, I'm far too lazy to go deal-snagging. I'm more of a deal-spectator.

To keep the "small world" thing going, I worked Bamboozle at Cal-Poly Pomona last fall. Fun times.[/QUOTE]

Not me :lol:
I work at CSUF's computer lab. SHIT'S INTENSE

[quote name='cdietschrun']Junior at University of MAssachusetts at Lowell

UML RIVER HAWK Track and Field baby[/quote]

UMass Lowell here too.

[quote name='JJSP']Actually, I'm far too lazy to go deal-snagging. I'm more of a deal-spectator.

To keep the "small world" thing going, I worked Bamboozle at Cal-Poly Pomona last fall. Fun times.[/QUOTE]

Is bamboozle that one concert?

And didn't it rain that day?

[quote name='hopesfall']Last year at DePaul University. For all of you soon-to-be grads, how many of you are planning on doing grad school in the next year or two?[/QUOTE]

I'm going to grad school, Roosevelt University for I/O psych.

University of Central Florida. 4th year and just decided to switch into Computer Animation... so 2 more years. then grad school immediately after I'm done at SCAD if I get accepted.

[quote name='docvinh']I think it's on Michigan actually.[/quote]

Ahh, I'm thinking of Harold Washington maybe? Lake and State-ish, somewhere around there.

Where did you do your undergrad, out of curiosity?

[quote name='ValkyrieVF-1S']Is bamboozle that one concert?

And didn't it rain that day?[/QUOTE]
Two day festival show last October. It rained early in the morning on the second day, but it was nice for the rest of the time. There's two Bamboozle's, one on the east coast in Jersey and one called Bamboozle Left at Cal-Poly.

[quote name='hopesfall']Ahh, I'm thinking of Harold Washington maybe? Lake and State-ish, somewhere around there.

Where did you do your undergrad, out of curiosity?[/QUOTE]
York College in PA. I'm not actually sure of the location, I know it's across from Millenium Park and that big shiny looking thing. The bean, I think? Looking forward to living in the city though. What's good in Chicago?

[quote name='BasketCase1080']University of Wisconsin Oshkosh[/QUOTE]

My undergrad mentor is part of the sociology faculty at Oshkosh. Steven Richards. A fantastic guy.

[quote name='Ahadi']University of Tampa, first year, history major. Nervous as hell. Any seasoned veterans have any "calm the fuck down!" suggestions?[/QUOTE]

A friend of mine just started in the sociology department there. Another fantastic guy; probably teaching Into to Soc and/or Sociology of Religion.

Me? I'm finishing up my doctorate in sociology this year, sitting at home and working my my dissertation all day thanks to my fellowship. Look for me at a school near you in about 12 months. ;)

As for advice, don't calm down. Complacency is for weaklings. ;)

[quote name='mykevermin']My undergrad mentor is part of the sociology faculty at Oshkosh. Steven Richards. A fantastic guy.[/quote]I hear he throws a mean Stevie Kick.

But seriously folks, I go to Brown College in the cities. What "cities" are those, you ask? Why, the best cities in the world, Minneapolis/St. Paul, of course! All you metro area CAG's will have to look me up one of these days, and we can go have some nice clean fun.

[quote name='mykevermin']

A friend of mine just started in the sociology department there. Another fantastic guy; probably teaching Into to Soc and/or Sociology of Religion.

As for advice, don't calm down. Complacency is for weaklings. ;)[/QUOTE]

What's their name? Are they teaching? I'm pretty sure I have some sociology classes(not 100% certain on that though).

And I suppose I'll stay on edge, because settling down is for pussies.

[quote name='The Mana Knight']Purdue University, main campus. I know many others here at CAG that go there (although most rarely post).

I'm a Super Senior.[/QUOTE]

Poor bastard. Lafayette is pretty much a shithole.

University of Wisconsin Madison, 4th year. probably going to drag it out for one more year to add another major in addition to my Sociology major, do some more internships, and study enough to make sure I get a top score on my LSAT because I wanna go to law school here as well. can't beat living in Madison. :)

unfortunately we didn't make #1 this year for partying on the princeton review. from what I hear we didn't even crack the top 10. this doesn't mean there are less puke puddle stains decomposing all around campus...

[quote name='Tromack']Poor bastard. Lafayette is pretty much a shithole.[/QUOTE]I greatly disagree. I happen to like the town of Lafayette a lot. Yeah, it's an old town, but I don't mind living there.

[quote name='SpazX']Anybody who has the money to go to an Ivy league college probably isn't a cheap ass :p[/QUOTE]

Plenty of top-tier colleges give out generous financial packages to those who otherwise couldn't afford to go and almost colleges are need-blind in that they don't look at whether or not an applicant needs aid until after they have been admitted. I certainly couldn't afford to pay 46,000 a year to go to Caltech if I wasn't receiving numerous grants based on my family's current pecuniary status. Paying for top schooling is the easy part, it's getting in that's difficult.

[quote name='Icen']Paying for top schooling is the easy part, it's getting in that's difficult.[/quote]
This is true in many cases, but not all. I've worked with plenty of people who managed to get into excellent schools largely through connections (parents were alumni, friends of family helped with a little "push", etc.).

However, if you do manage to get into a top school, you (and your family) should do everything possible to pay for it, because it does can do wonders for your career. Take out loans, sell organs, whatever :D So I think we agree - funding the education is the easy part! haha

[quote name='The Mana Knight']I greatly disagree. I happen to like the town of Lafayette a lot. Yeah, it's an old town, but I don't mind living there.[/QUOTE]
Meh. Right around the campus is decent, everywhere else kinda sucks.

[quote name='docvinh']Meh. Right around the campus is decent, everywhere else kinda sucks.[/QUOTE]I hate it around campus (well, very close, in the West Lafayette area), because they are too many broken beer bottles, red party cups, and a whole bunch of other trash from crazy parties. My bike tire has popped because of a broken beer bottle twice, when I lived in West Lafayette last year. Also, it's just too wild for me near campus, since I'm the type who hates loud parties, hates every single type of alcohol, etc. I just wanted to be away from that all (There were loud parties going on during a Friday/Saturday night, when I wanted to go to bed at around 10pm).

bread's done
Back