What discounts do you get as an employee in your Job ?

Samurai X

Banned
The sports authority 25% off anything !

i am really interested in knowing about , sears,bestbuy,eb games, gamestop, circuit city, toys r us , walmart, ahhh the list will never end, so who gets the biggest rebate ?

When I used to work at Best Buy it was (supposedly) 10% above cost. Its not a certain percentage though so when you want to buy something you have to check the SKU with the employee discount to know the price. Kind of annoying but I was a cashier so when it was really dead I would take a "bathroom break" and write down a bunch of SKUs and go back to my register to check the price.

I get the Target discount now cause my mom works there and that's a straight 10% off. The nice thing though is that, unlike some stores, its 10% off sale prices, temporary price cuts, and clearance prices, basically the lowest price and then 10% off that with no exclusions.

Edit- Oh yeah I forgot about those 3 months I worked at ToysRUs. I never ended up getting my discount (didn't care much either cause I had my mom's Target discount back then too) but I knew that it was 10% off there but I believe there's some exclusions such as video game consoles.

[quote name='warboe']While not a game store, I work at UPS and get discounts on just about anything from cars to clothes and apartments.[/QUOTE]

That sounds awesome! Right now I'm working at a Suncoast Video. I get 35% all regular priced movies and books (most of the books are manga), 40% off of novelty and food items, and other percentages off of stuff that I don't remember.

5% above cost at Best Buy, along with some very nice accomodations. The best one I got in on was an XM MyMi Kit with 6 months of service (retailed for $350 plus $10.00 per month in service at the time) for $60.00.

[quote name='warboe']While not a game store, I work at UPS and get discounts on just about anything from cars to clothes and apartments.[/QUOTE]
Same for me, I work at JP Morgan Chase and we get disounts on a lot of things. Cars at invoice, free checking, disount at Philips Electronics, disount mort. rates, etc.

[quote name='Scahom1']EB Games: 15% off new...25% off pre-played when stacked with an EDGE card.[/QUOTE]

just to add, discount does not apply to hardware (systems)

i work for a local hospital and i get discounts on verizon phones, tennis shoes at some odd store, GFS and various other stores...i will try to find a list :p

[quote name='WAJedi']5% above cost at Best Buy, along with some very nice accomodations. The best one I got in on was an XM MyMi Kit with 6 months of service (retailed for $350 plus $10.00 per month in service at the time) for $60.00.[/QUOTE]

Same here, but from CC. $10 x 6 months minimum = $60.... it is pretty cool though, I listen to Oppie And Anthony on High Voltage 202 every morning, and repeats throughout the day.

WOW, interesting that ups does all that, as for ebgames and sears those are some pretty shity rebates for their hard working employees i mean i can't believe the rebate dosn't even apply to the hardware at ebgames, i get 25% off even on gatorades and even on the candy they have around the registers, if anyone ever needs something cheap like a 1000$ bowflex let me know , best buy seems to have some pretty good deals for their employees, so it's 5% above what the store gets it for from the manufacturer, out of curiosity how much are they getting the psp's for ?

When I worked at Fry's (bleh) we got 10% over cost. That was sometimes good, sometimes not so good. It usually knocked about $5 off a $50 game.

My job now I get free rocks. Seriously. Oh, and on the weekends I can drive heavy mining equipment if I want. I'm an SOB so that's probably my own perk at the company.

[quote name='XboxHardcore.com']Same here, but from CC. $10 x 6 months minimum = $60.... it is pretty cool though, I listen to Oppie And Anthony on High Voltage 202 every morning, and repeats throughout the day.[/QUOTE]
I third that!

I work for Follett Bookstores.

20% on supplies
20% on clothing
20% on trade books (I think)
10% on textbooks

There's more but that is the main stuff.

[quote name='Troopa']At Wal-Mart we get 10% off everything except food and clearance items.[/QUOTE]

We also get 10% off at WalMart.com.

When I worked at McDonald's, they gave us free food. Then the management changed, and we only got 50% off food. :(

(I currently don't work anywhere right now...)

I work for a cable company (not going to say which one, but I'm sure you can guess). I get digital cable, all channels including HBO, Cinemax, Starz, etc. PPV is half price for me. I get free cable internet access, and half prcie phone service. Plus some of the other deals are good (10% off my cell phone bill, is a major one). So besides working for this company and making money, I save a lot of money by not paying full price for anything.

Used to work at a GAP where I got 50% off full price stuff, and also 30% off sale stuff and gift cards. We also had a 30% discount at Banana Republic and a 20% discount at Old Navy.

Walgreens, we get 15% off of everything but milk, tobacco, and prescriptions. Its nice because we sell gift cards for other stores.

Discounted Mortgage rates, free premium lines, Equity Asset line discounts, free checking and internet banking, and nearly free internet stock purchases (I work for a bank)

I don't own a house, I never buy stocks, but the internet banking is kind of nice

[quote name='heffaji']When I'm home I work at Sam's Club and all they give us is a free membership.[/QUOTE]
but you are already in the store so that is like a company giving it's employee's air to breath for free.

When I worked at radioshack, we got 30% off of radioshack branded items and most clearance stuff, and we get 10% off of name-branded items except for ipods, radioshack pays $287 for the (20 gig) $299 one, and $375 for the $399 (40 gig) one.

well last time i worked at gamestop it was only 15 percent off anything except new systems.but when i first started working there about 3-4 years ago it was 25 percent.also the reason they dont give discounts on new systems is because the margin is so little they might buy lets say a psp for 246 and sell it for 249 and hope to make money off the games and accessories. now i work for citibank we get discounts on cars at corporate prices all kinds of stores vacation trips to disney off cell phone bills any company its a pretty decent discount.

[quote name='rickc25']Used to work at a GAP where I got 50% off full price stuff, and also 30% off sale stuff and gift cards. We also had a 30% discount at Banana Republic and a 20% discount at Old Navy.[/QUOTE]
whoa!
50% off?
and 30% off giftcards?!
that's awesome.

Whats the average cost or markup of a game ? For example a new PS2 game at Best Buy ... what would that cost an employee since it's 10% above cost ?

I work at Applebee's. Food is free for cooks and 50% off for everyone else (I work in carry-out). However, I've been there a while and the people there like me so I usually get free food. Unforuntately! the food is rather fatty.. so most of the time, if I'm eating at work, I'm eating a salad.

at blockbuster they give us 5 free rentals a week, 20% off most items (30% during the holidays), and I think 10% off of hardware items. These discounts don't work in conjunction with our deals like B2G1 on games.

We also get all movies to rent at least a week or two in advance.

I work in a meat dept at a local market (Atkins Country Market). 10% off of anything i buy to bring out of the store and 25% if im eating it there.

When I taught TKD at my martial arts school I received the satisfaction of kicking little kids.

And a free uniform or two. Actually, I got some nice free boxing gloves that we needed for a demo team routine. Then the demo team uniform was free...my instructor uniform was free...two staff jackets...I got a lot of clothing. No free weapons or anything like that =( But I still have a ton of those anyways.

I work at GameStop, the current discount is 15%. Can't use on new systems, or with any other deals. It used to be 20% when I started there, but it dropped soon after.

I used to work at JCPenny and had a 20% discount and I had discounts of 20-50% on stuff at Universal Studios when I used to work there.

Now that I work in IT, I get nothing.

[quote name='AdvOfJet']Whats the average cost or markup of a game ? For example a new PS2 game at Best Buy ... what would that cost an employee since it's 10% above cost ?[/QUOTE]
We pay 5% above cost, and we pay a little over forty for all $50 games. This makes new games about $37.00 for Best Buy.

I work as a delivery driver at a Rocky Rococo's(a pizza chain, mainly only found in WI for those who don't know) and I get 50% off all food and get soda for free. Well, really I can get just about any slice, breadsticks or pasta we sell for free, just not whole pizzas; but officially I'm supposed to pay 50% if I want anything.

i work at a clarion hotel and conference center. i can get hotel rooms for $25 a night (which comes in REALLY handy when the girlfriend and i go away for a weekend or something). i can get $40/night room for friends and family.

the list of hotels i can get is huge. national and international. it made me hesitant of quitting my job..but now my brother works there so i can at least get $40/night.

at my new job, we get occassional $200 gift cards to walmart as we work in conjunction with said company.

[quote name='WAJedi']We pay 5% above cost, and we pay a little over forty for all $50 games. This makes new games about $37.00 for Best Buy.[/QUOTE]

Yes but there are the occassional ones that surprise you. I got 3 dreamcast controllers for about $1.50 with employee discount. Also I bought Hitman for computer and at that time it was retailing for $40 or $50 and with the employee price it was $18. Occassionally you can find some surprises in there but yeah WAJedi's right, games were about $40 from what I remember.

At ShopKo our discount is 10% off your entire purchase excluding prescriptions, diapers, formula, grill assembly, and purchases less than $5.

bread's done
Back