What do i do about this situation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gotrice415510

CAGiversary!
Feedback
14 (100%)
here on cag someone wanted to trade stuff for my roackband bundle, he gives me his address. A few days later before i ship i ask if we are still doing the deal and he replies saying that i didnt ship yet, so i ask him wat the deal was again. But i checked my older messages and saw what we agreed on. So the next day i shipped. I pm him the tracking number and he complains saying that we never decided and basically that it is all my fault.... but if he didnt want to go along with the trade why did he give me his adress? So now he says he is going to tell the UPS guy to return to sender. So i am out $30 for shipping to him. What the hell do i do now? i mean i kno it is partly my fault for not making sure but he gave me his freaking adress and said that i didnt ship yet! which is why i shipped!

Last edited by a moderator:
Theres nothing you can do really but accept the fact that you loss out on $30 because of a mistake you thought wasn't a mistake, and that mistake was shipping without knowing, but actively thinking that he was still doing the deal. :D

Hell, I'm being screwed as we speak. Some jackass CAG Newbie is accusing me of sending a fucked up disc. I'm done with this site if I get negative feedback and I can't take it out

You should have gotten final confirmation that the deal was going to go through before shipping anything. He is also at fault but I don't think he is liable because you are the one that chose to ship before receiving 100% confirmation. An older PM doesn't count in my opinion. Why were you in such a hurry? I'd chalk up the $30 loss as a lesson learned.

[quote name='MikeHoncho']Hell, I'm being screwed as we speak. Some jackass CAG Newbie is accusing me of sending a fucked up disc. I'm done with this site if I get negative feedback and I can't take it out[/quote]
i kno!!! ur guy probably just changed his mind like mine probably did, and then they make up some bullshit excuse for sending it back!

Yeah, that would suck. I would hate to think someone is still doing a deal then ship and later on find out that they don't want to do the deal anymore so I lose out on shipping charges. But hey, he DID give you his address which would most likely confirm that he agrees to the deal, and for him to say he didn't agree to it now isn't fair like you said, because like you also said, what was the point of him giving you his address if the deal wasn't confirmed? I would take it that the guy you were dealing with was a complete nub! Address = Confirmed Deal unless canceled before someone shipped and if someone did ship then the deal shall be continued as planned.

[quote name='Kendro']You should have gotten final confirmation that the deal was going to go through before shipping anything. He is also at fault but I don't think he is liable because you are the one that chose to ship before receiving 100% confirmation. An older PM doesn't count in my opinion. Why were you in such a hurry? I'd chalk up the $30 loss as a lesson learned.[/quote]
it was pretty much final he gave me his adress and then when i asked him about the deal he complained that i didnt ship yet!

[quote name='gotrice415510']i kno!!! ur guy probably just changed his mind like mine probably did, and then they make up some bullshit excuse for sending it back![/quote]
Yeah and I already traded off his game, I'm gonna keep on fighting this with the mods until I iether win or lose. I even told him that I will resurface the disc just to shut his ass up but he still keeps on bitching. Seems like he can get away with this crap

Well they are the ones you have to complain to in these situations, I hope they have the power to change iTrader ratings. Also, send a pm to Pookymeister to see if he can throw up that guy in the bad trader list since he did give you his address

That really sucks for both of you...who are you trading with mike? ive traded with you and everything came perfect so id like to know who's trying to screw you and gotrice,usually people only give addresses when they are final with the trade so I would've done the same thing both of you pm there names so I dont trade with them ever.

[quote name='SpitFire158']I always get confirmation from the other party before shipping no matter what i am shipping.[/quote]
i would think giving someone ur adress would mean that the deal is a go.

[quote name='SpitFire158']I always get confirmation from the other party before shipping no matter what i am shipping.[/quote]

Yeah but it is a tricky issue in this scenario. According to the OP, the guy basically told him he needed to ship first to complete the transaction.

Well...both are at fault...He agreed to the deal it would assume by giving his shipping info.

The best thing would be to ask for half shipping...if he rejects it.

[quote name='Kendro']Yeah but it is a tricky issue in this scenario. According to the OP, the guy basically told him he needed to ship first to complete the transaction.[/quote]
yup, i shipped first becuz i had less feedback, he has a crapload.

His name is (please pm if you really want to know). He also waited over a week after he recieved his game that it was supposedly broken. I'll PM the name right now

That's BS im sorry,if you have to wait a week to say somethings broke then your just straight up lying and are changing your mind about the deal

[quote name='frombrknwings']That really sucks for both of you...who are you trading with mike? ive traded with you and everything came perfect so id like to know who's trying to screw you and gotrice,usually people only give addresses when they are final with the trade so I would've done the same thing both of you pm there names so I dont trade with them ever.[/quote]
my guys name is (pm to find out), an if u look at his page, there are alot of people who have complained about him for some reason or another.

Basic rule of selling stuff over the internet: NEVER ship out ANYTHING until you get paid first AND the payment clears.

You should lock this thread gotrice to avoid an infraction since it's not a trading thread. Just go to advance options and close it since you already know what to do. Talk to the mods

[quote name='gotrice415510']my guys name is starmask2k3, an if u look at his page, there are alot of people who have complained about him for some reason or another.[/QUOTE]

Ahhh, he's the guy who always asks for other people to ship first. I would say talk to a mod and be happy that you're getting your stuff back at least.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back