"What do I offer for this Game?" Thread

ryuk1214

CAGiversary!
So, I may or may not be starting something here, but if you want to know what to offer for something on craigslist or ebay, ask it.

I'm usually level head with my pricing, but this one has me in knots.

What to offer for:

Final Fight Guy (SNES)
The Jetsons Cogswell's Caper CIB (NES)
EVO: The Search For Eden CIB (SNES)
Little Samson CIB (NES)

I got chills just typing that. I basically put up a want-ad on craigslist for games and got this. Would it be worth it to sell off some of my videogame collection to pay for this? Keep in mind that I only have about $200 cash on me for spending on stupid things such as this for the month.

https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/?u...c132e3d7d85ed8&attid=0.1.1&disp=emb&zw&atsh=1

https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/?u...c132e3d7d85ed8&attid=0.1.2&disp=emb&zw&atsh=1

[quote name='ryuk1214']So, I may or may not be starting something here, but if you want to know what to offer for something on craigslist or ebay, ask it.

What to offer for:

Final Fight Guy (SNES)
Little Samson CIB (NES)

I got chills just typing that. I basically put up a want-ad on craigslist for games and got this. Would it be worth it to sell off some of my videogame collection to pay for this? Keep in mind that I only have about $200 cash on me for spending on stupid things such as this for the month.

https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/?u...c132e3d7d85ed8&attid=0.1.1&disp=emb&zw&atsh=1

https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/?u...c132e3d7d85ed8&attid=0.1.2&disp=emb&zw&atsh=1[/QUOTE]

I can't see those images.

Anyway, does the seller have a clue? I'd start with a semi-lowball to find out. No sense offering a lot if they'll take a little.

Considering that he has 4 very valuable games in pristine condition and sleeve protectors to boot means he most likely has a clue of what he has.

right, but does he have a $1000 clue or a $100 clue?

Try to get him to set a price first if possible. Is he motivated to sell them or is he just looking for an ego boost of an offer?

Personally, I wouldn't be interested in those games expect to try to sell them, so I'm sure my idea of an offer is different than that of a collector.

If the show Oddities has taught me anything (for the parts that aren't staged that is), it's best to have him make the first move with pricing. If you come in with an offer first, it will either lowball him and not take you seriously, be over what he is looking for (setting the price and killing the negotiation), or if the offer was reasonable, but not what he wanted, it will make him state his want price anyways, and then you already set your price floor with your initial offer.

[quote name='ryuk1214']So, I may or may not be starting something here, but if you want to know what to offer for something on craigslist or ebay, ask it.

What to offer for:

Final Fight Guy (SNES)
Little Samson CIB (NES)

https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/?u...c132e3d7d85ed8&attid=0.1.2&disp=emb&zw&atsh=1[/QUOTE]

careful buying SNES games ihave the bottom two but the battery backups are DEAD on the last one... i think the 3rd one i have is complete

wow on ebay that fetches 170+ i highly doubt there are many buyers at that price

[quote name='needler420']I'm not going to share my inside trade secrets. I wish you no luck and hope you over pay.[/QUOTE]
Thank you for your constructive criticism.

Sarcasm aside, it is IMPOSSIBLE for me to overpay, as the street value of all the games are over a month's salary anyway. It's get cheap or not at all.

[quote name='ryuk1214']Thank you for your constructive criticism.

Sarcasm aside, it is IMPOSSIBLE for me to overpay, as the street value of all the games are over a month's salary anyway. It's get cheap or not at all.[/QUOTE]

Depends on your definition of overpay. I would say that paying more than his bottom dollar would be overpaying.

Ask the seller what they are looking for - if you don't feel comfortable doing that, I'd say it is fair to offer 70% of eBay value if this guy knows what he has. He saves roughly 18% in fees and he won't have to risk getting scammed - easily worth the extra 12%.

Either that or just throw out a stupid offer and see where it goes.

On a lot of these titles, it's a sellers market--so unless you put up an offer of 75-80% people won't even waste their time responding to your ad.

Generally with rare titles, I'll just wait until someone is ready to sell locally or prices them and puts them on a list online. This is how I've gotten titles like Suikoden 2 in the $65-80 range. If I had put out a want ad, I'd just get replies from people asking $150+

But I didn't put out a want ad f0r rare games, just games in general.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have the original box for the Nintendo 64 Atomic Purple bundle that had the atomic purple controller and gray controller. No styrofoam. What should I ask for just that, or with the system/controllers. THe box is in great condition.

[quote name='Ferrari Racer']I have the original box for the Nintendo 64 Atomic Purple bundle that had the atomic purple controller and gray controller. No styrofoam. What should I ask for just that, or with the system/controllers. THe box is in great condition.[/QUOTE]

not the right thread, but a box only with the sytrofoam recently sold for $46.75 shipped on ebay. A complete package recently sold for $66.67 shipped.

bread's done
Back