What do I play next?

SSchmidt

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Hey guys, i'm wondering what to play next. I've got a backlog of games to start on and need some advice.

I just plat Rayman Origins on my Vita, and am about to beat Assassin's Creed Brotherhood

After I complete most of the Brotherhood trophies, I'll need a new game to start on and have a nice backlog to choose from.

Here are my options..

1.) Continue immediately into Assassin's Creed Revelations. (haven't purchased yet but can with a $10 off any used gameoff Gamestop coupon from my PUR account) As much as I love this series, I won't be getting 3 at launch so there's not a rush to buy this and beat it. I'll wait for a price drop on 3 before I pick it up, even if it is quite a few months, that is fine with me. I dont HAVE to get it ASAP. I have only bought 2 $60 dollar games in the last 3 years as I cannot justify that price.

2.) Start the Borderlands series with Borderlands 1. I'm really intrigued by this series and have finally picked up Borderlands 1 due to it being a freebie on PS+ ;)

3.) Start the Mass Effect series with Mass Effect 1. Mass Effect 1 and 2 I got at the KMART b2g1 clearance event ;)

4.) Continue my Ratchet and Clank Series with a Crack in Time (haven't got yet, but I have beat ToD), or skip it and go straight to R&C All 4 One, another PS+ freebie.

5.) Start the Army of Two series with the first title ($5 gohastings). I've really wanted to try out these games. I think I will enjoy them.

6.) Lord of the Rings, War of the North.

7.) Lord of the Rings, Aragorn's Quest (yeah, I am a LOTR nut).

8.) Lord of the Rings, Conquest.

9.) Skies of Arcadia Legends (actually a GC title)

10.) Final Fantasy IX (I've got about 60 hours into this file and am an on the 3rd disc, and honestly HAVE NEVER beaten this game, even though so far it is clearly my favorite FF (tactics notwithstanding))

As you can tell I am very much a cheapie, and wait long after these games come until til I can snag them for around 5-20 bucks a pop. I really have no idea or preference on which to do next. Maybe you would have a suggestion for another game that I can get (cheaply, of course)? I'm wanting some intense gaming, and am almost (very slightly) leaning towards starting Borderlands.

Any advice?

I would say hit up Borderlands 1, it was a g-r-e-a-t game. Even if you can't find others play with at this time it was a fun single player romp (for me at least) and goes buy pretty quickly if you don't have any DLC.

I really want to play Aragorn's Quest, but haven't found it any where cheap enough to buy yet! Heh, I've become a real CAG for this generation (can't see any reason to pay full price anymore). If you do play that one I'd love to hear what you think about it.

But finishing up FFIX would be a smart move as well. That would clear it out of your backlog which would be nice... I should do that with XII, I'm very close to the end but haven't made that final push (it's been a long multi-year labor of love).

4, 5, 3, 4, 5 , 6, (2 continuously mixed in between)

In that order. You can burned out playing an entire series back to back. Army of two games are shorter and much better with another human

Since you just came off a 3rd person action game, I'd suggest changing it up. I went right to Revelations after beating Brotherhood, and I got a little fatigue. Since the game is so similar hardly anything new, but I eventually plat it.

How long has it been since you played a traditional RPG? Skies of Arcadia Legends was an awesome game, I suggest that one if you want turn-based RPG fun.

If not, Borderlands 1 for first person shooter looter. Great game, you got it free from PS+ (did you get the 4 DLC packs for $10 during that sale also?) so try it out. If you like it, there is always Borderlands 2 to look forward to.

[quote name='Nightclam']I would say hit up Borderlands 1, it was a g-r-e-a-t game. Even if you can't find others play with at this time it was a fun single player romp (for me at least) and goes buy pretty quickly if you don't have any DLC.

I really want to play Aragorn's Quest, but haven't found it any where cheap enough to buy yet! Heh, I've become a real CAG for this generation (can't see any reason to pay full price anymore). If you do play that one I'd love to hear what you think about it.

But finishing up FFIX would be a smart move as well. That would clear it out of your backlog which would be nice... I should do that with XII, I'm very close to the end but haven't made that final push (it's been a long multi-year labor of love).[/QUOTE]

Man, I can relate to that. I don't pay full price anymore for any game! I just can't bring myself to do it:lol:
Aragorns quest is on sale at TRU right now,$10 by itself. it. It says for Playstation Move, but you don't have to have move to get it. $10 is a pretty sweet deal IMO ;)

Plus free shipping with shipping to store. However my store doesn't have it in stock and so they want to regular ship it. It ends up being $15.28 plus sales tax. I know I can get it cheaper.

I did end up starting Borderlands last night just because it was something completely different. I'm definetly going to be hooked on this one. However after thinking it over and getting about 2 hours into it, I am going to finish FFIX first. I need to get that off my mind, I can't stop thinking about it!

[quote name='shadowkast']4, 5, 3, 4, 5 , 6, (2 continuously mixed in between)

In that order. You can burned out playing an entire series back to back. Army of two games are shorter and much better with another human[/QUOTE]

I think you're right about playing an entire series back to back. I finished AC:2, and immediately started Brotherhood the next day. I played about 3 hours and get completely burnt out. I actually didn't turn my ps3 on for about 2 weeks and then got completely immersed in the series again.

[quote name='Kazaganthi']Since you just came off a 3rd person action game, I'd suggest changing it up. I went right to Revelations after beating Brotherhood, and I got a little fatigue. Since the game is so similar hardly anything new, but I eventually plat it.

How long has it been since you played a traditional RPG? Skies of Arcadia Legends was an awesome game, I suggest that one if you want turn-based RPG fun.

If not, Borderlands 1 for first person shooter looter. Great game, you got it free from PS+ (did you get the 4 DLC packs for $10 during that sale also?) so try it out. If you like it, there is always Borderlands 2 to look forward to.[/QUOTE]

As I said in the post above, I had finished AC:2, and immediately started Brotherhood the next day. I played Brotherhood about 3 hours and got completely burnt out. I didn't know if I was even going to try to play anymore on that series, thats how burnt out I got. I didn't turn my ps3 on for about 2 weeks and then got completely immersed in the series again when I finally came back.

I think a break from AC will be good. I started Borderlands, but I think I am going to go back and finish FFIX, since i've almost beat the third disc and then alternate playing Borderlands with Skies of Arcadia. SoA was awesome (how far I got) and I won't get burnt out alternating between the two. After Borderlands I can mix in Army of Two and some RaC.

bread's done
Back