What do you do with old cell phones?

You can donate or recycle them.

I think our local women's shelter accepts them and then hands them out to clients so they can call 911 in an emergency.

[quote name='lionheart4life']I have them in a drawer. I wonder if you donate them if you can claim the original retail value as a tax deduction (legally). Anybody know?[/QUOTE]

No because it isn't worth the original retail value anymore

Up until I got my current phone(Iphone4) I have had motorola razr, and LG ENV Touch, and both of those phones were some of the shittest things to ever make calls I've ever seen.

eBay !! I had some old crusty phones with scratches and stains on it...and they STILL sold. (Just be 100% honest in your auction)

::SHRUGS::

[quote name='ninjalunchbox79']Damn ... donate them to who?? Personally ... I destroy mine in creative ways .... :lol:[/QUOTE]

[quote name='J7.']How do you destroy them?[/QUOTE]

Please don't. Most cellphone contain toxic material. Just donate them or recycle them.

[quote name='62t']Please don't. Most cellphone contain toxic material. Just donate them or recycle them.[/QUOTE]

I don't know how to delete their data.

[quote name='J7.']I don't know how to delete their data.[/QUOTE]

If it is a smart phone just restore to factory setting. Just about every phone should have the option. If you can't figure out just delete numbers one at a time.

[quote name='62t']If it is a smart phone just restore to factory setting. Just about every phone should have the option. If you can't figure out just delete numbers one at a time.[/QUOTE]

If you delete numbers one at a time isn't that data still retrievable? Some of the phones are so old they don't power on.

[quote name='J7.']How do you destroy them?[/QUOTE]

You can break them in half a la Breaking Bad. That probably only works for flip phones though. It's crazy to think about how many phones they must go through.

[quote name='J7.']If you delete numbers one at a time isn't that data still retrievable? Some of the phones are so old they don't power on.[/QUOTE]

Unless you are a celebrity, using phone for criminal activity, or you are dealing with HIPAA just recycle it. Your data isn't worth it for someone to go through the trouble. I am sure your phone company is sell more personal information than anything someone will get from your phone.

bread's done
Back